• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Papelbon

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must be a real shithead if no team was interested in him. This could end up being his best season ever. Hopefully we can get a decent prospect or 2 during the offseason for him.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must be a real shithead if no team was interested in him. This could end up being his best season ever. Hopefully we can get a decent prospect or 2 during the offseason for him.

I'd prefer to keep him. You can never have enough good pitching. Unless, of course we could get a guaranteed high-quality, not too elderly, starter in a deal that would add to Hamels, Buchanan, Lee (if), and whoever else remains on the roster. Another starter is a priority because Burnette, Gonzalez, KK, etc., have shown no consistency.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why do you care about his personality? Is he the reason the Phils are BRUTAL? Picture him with more save opportunities........wowzers.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as his year has been as per scouts they are saying his fb has no movement like it used to, very flat and with the loss of velocity most GM's aren't willing to give up prospects for a rental who is a year or two away from retirement.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Boobens has his goober hands in this, they'll eff this up big time.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as his year has been as per scouts they are saying his fb has no movement like it used to, very flat and with the loss of velocity most GM's aren't willing to give up prospects for a rental who is a year or two away from retirement.

You are correct. Trading him would just be a salary dump. Money would be used to get a starter. However I think Paps is pitching smarter and uses location better than ever. Maddux did it for years.
I think they should ask him to defer half of his salary in 2015 and pay it over two years. That would free up around 7 million. He and Giles make a viable punch that can not be understated.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. Trading him would just be a salary dump. Money would be used to get a starter. However I think Paps is pitching smarter and uses location better than ever. Maddux did it for years.
I think they should ask him to defer half of his salary in 2015 and pay it over two years. That would free up around 7 million. He and Giles make a viable punch that can not be understated.

Sell high! His stock will never be higher after this season. Even if he is "pitching smarter" and is able to duplicate this season, we should move him. We have Giles to jump in at closer, with Diekman as the setup guy. A last place team doesn't have the luxury of carrying a veteran closer...instead, they should use their valuable veteran pieces to trade and look towards the future.