• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Panthers @ Bengals

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I still don't trust the guards. Following Joe Reedy's posts, Boling is looking really good, so maybe in 3 or 4 years, Marvin will finally let him start.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Our oline can not possibly have improved this much in this short of a time.....they totally dominated from the beginning......

1) Carolina sucks

2) The Jets pass rush hasn't been good since 2 years ago. Each year they've lost another integral piece. Even during our Thanksgiving(?) game against them last season, they weren't getting much pressure on Palmer.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boling should start, simply because he is not Nate Livings.....

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agree, but we all know Marvin will play an inferior Livings just because Boling is a rookie, and therefore cannot possible grasp the intricacies of interior line play at the NFL level.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Carolina sucks

2) The Jets pass rush hasn't been good since 2 years ago. Each year they've lost another integral piece. Even during our Thanksgiving(?) game against them last season, they weren't getting much pressure on Palmer.

1) They are HORRIBLE....just a few years ago they had one of the best dline's in the league.....now they must have the WORST....

2) We'll see about the oline come the Steelers' game.....that should be really ugly......

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Steeler game really should be ugly since they can stop the run with their front 7 and Dalton just sucks, but even over the past so many years, them and Baltimore really haven't had much success against our o-line since Palmer's been back there. Maybe it's because our players are used to their schemes.

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1) They are HORRIBLE....just a few years ago they had one of the best dline's in the league.....now they must have the WORST....

2) We'll see about the oline come the Steelers' game.....that should be really ugly......

We play Pitt and Bmore in game 10 and 11 I think....We get 10 WEEKS to prepare, scheme as they do us....Our Oline HAS SEEN both front 7's before and Alexander and Anderson are still in place when it comes to protection REVIEW for backs and Olineman......You guys ARE SO SURE we are going to get our teeth kicked in when we play Bmore and Pitt...TWICE! It will be interesting to see some of you alls responses if that doesnt happen....Giving a technician like Dalton 10 weeks to prepare might be a good thing....Dalton ALSO looks much better than Colt McCoy did at this time last year and thats WITHOUT OTA's and mincamps.....Just something to think about when assessing Daltons progress....

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We play Pitt and Bmore in game 10 and 11 I think....We get 10 WEEKS to prepare, scheme as they do us....Our Oline HAS SEEN both front 7's before and Alexander and Anderson are still in place when it comes to protection REVIEW for backs and Olineman......You guys ARE SO SURE we are going to get our teeth kicked in when we play Bmore and Pitt...TWICE! It will be interesting to see some of you alls responses if that doesnt happen....Giving a technician like Dalton 10 weeks to prepare might be a good thing....Dalton ALSO looks much better than Colt McCoy did at this time last year and thats WITHOUT OTA's and mincamps.....Just something to think about when assessing Daltons progress....

It was CAROLINA, J.......

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt and Baltimore will probably control the clock, rather than run up the score, but they will still both sweep us.

This is a rebuilding year, and we'll be lucky to come out of those games with our star players in tact.

:hat:

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt and Baltimore will probably control the clock, rather than run up the score, but they will still both sweep us.

This is a rebuilding year, and we'll be lucky to come out of those games with our star players in tact.

:hat:

We have star players?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact - Carolina sucks.

Fact - Our offense looked much better against them last night than they did last September.

I thought the team played pretty well..... I'm actually a little shocked that they were capable of looking so competent on offense. I still don't see much success this season, but they looked better than I anticipated.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact - Carolina sucks.

Fact - Our offense looked much better against them last night than they did last September.

I thought the team played pretty well..... I'm actually a little shocked that they were capable of looking so competent on offense. I still don't see much success this season, but they looked better than I anticipated.

Mikey says "Got another one fooled!":hdn:

*I really just wanted to use that smiley

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I wouldn't say he looks much better. He's had one good game and two bad games. Nonetheless, at this point, the only thing you can really make from that is Dalton is more NFL ready coming into the league than McCoy was. But I don't think anyone can argue Dalton has more potential than McCoy.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton potential = Kitna career. Nothing more than that. Who's excited?

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It was CAROLINA, J.......

Doesnt matter SO ITS GUARANTEED WE LOSE 4 to Bmore and Pitt??? I mean 1 day we were the worst team in the league and we blasted Carolina's 1st teamers....Doesnt look like the worst team to me....But hey if that makes everyone happy.... I have to keep some faith...Talking about Mike Brown all season aint gonna change things...We have the players and coaches and its all on them now......

We have talent on this team regardless of what our fans, ESPN, James Walker, NFL Network thinks...If we can start early and win 2 or 3 the confidence will grow. IJS

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok J, it's clear we are better than Carolina, the team who selected first in this year's draft......it's also clear we are WAY behind a not very good Detroit team.......just sayin'.....anyway I'm going to have to see a whole lot more before I buy in again......been fooled by these guys many times before, and I'm determined to not be a sucker this time.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the real season opens with Cleveland, and they tanked last night.

Philly didn't even let them score until the 4th.

I'm not going to get suckered into preseason meaning anything. If we can score against Cleveland, then we won't end up rejecting a mammoth trade for our #1 pick overall, which we end up passing on A. Luck with to draft a replacement for J.Jo as everyone at ESPN watches with mouths dropped to the floor in surprise.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well just end up rejecting a not-as-big trade for our #5 overall pick instead.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was only two years ago that:

LT Whitworth
LG Livings / Mathis
C Cook
RG Williams
RT Roland

Were one of the best blocking offensive lines in the league for whatever reason. They took a year off last year. And now they add Boling and Smith. They should in essence at least be somewhere between what they were in 09 and 10.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok J, it's clear we are better than Carolina, the team who selected first in this year's draft......it's also clear we are WAY behind a not very good Detroit team.......just sayin'.....anyway I'm going to have to see a whole lot more before I buy in again......been fooled by these guys many times before, and I'm determined to not be a sucker this time.....

It is also very possibly, Gruden, Dalton and the oline are starting to understand the new system and how to play after a few games. I think some of this success belongs to the fact that Carolina just sucks, but I think it is just going to take some of these young guys some time to understand and develop. There are a lot of rookies here.