• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Panthers at Eagles talk

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The eagles are building momentum. Offense is more confident. Wentz has rounded to form. GO EAGLES!

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we matchup well against the Panthers. They want to try and run a lot while throwing on play action. Funchess is a good matchup for corners. Samuel and Moore are their speed guys but both young. Hopefully mills plays. He hasn't been great but still our best option. Need Jones too with CMC out the slot. He is the only one I am confident in matching up against him. Maybe Maddox can. Olsen didn't look 100% last week so LBS/Jenkins should be ok there.

Offense needs to do what they did last week. Show at minimum a threat of run and do well against mediocre Panthers secondary. Going on a limb here and saying Goedert has more catches than ertz this week. Kechly is a beast. I still remember wanting him over Cox in draft. Just hurt a lot.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace was going to be that guy to take the top off the D this year, but between Wentz not participating in TC and not playing in pre-season, then Wallace getting hurt we have missed that element in the offense. Hollins being down from the get-go has not helped either.

As the season progresses and assuming we get some of those weapons back, the offense is going to look much better. Wentz has clearly shown he has no restrictions from his injury so it's a matter of time to get more of his supporting cast back in place and we'll be fine.

However, if we were going to rock the boat and go get a stud, I'd be inquiring about David Johnson in Arizona. Forget Bell, Johnson is tailor-made for this offense, he can do everything that Bell can... not as truly dynamic as Bell but he's not far off, and would come without all the drama and drug suspension history that Bell would bring. Plus he's already under contract in the prime of his career, he would put this offense over the top.

Hopefully the Birds can build on what they did last Thursday, it looks like they're starting to get some of that 2017 swag back... 4th best rush offense vs the 2nd best rush defense, should be an interesting game, but I believe a very winnable game for us if we can continue the momentum.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give up a 2nd for DJ!

Me too. I would consider tossing a 5th or next year 4th too.

The whole thing hinges on what Arizona would take. Unfortunately, I just don’t think Arizona is willing to talk deal, if I had to guess.

I’m hopeful that if Howie and crew are doing any back and forths it is with the Cards to make a deal happen. I would be willing to accept almost whatever offer they want. But I feel it’s a fever dream.

I believe that if anything happens it will most likely be much less flashy (but not devoid of solid impact). I also had a thought the other day (ok, I heard it on a podcast) but if there is a move I expect it to most likely happen right around of after the game in London next week. With a bye week after that if we get a guy(s) at that point we have the bye week to work then in.

Also, I love that the NFL trade deadline has some pop to it these days. Not long ago I often bitched that there was no buzz around this sports deadline. Nothing like MLB or NBA. While it’s still not close to them it is getting better.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for today’s game....33-26 Eagles. Not actually as close as the score says....but not a cake walk.

Key will absolutely be to get out early on them. I honestly can’t think of a more key aspect to today’s game.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Further thought....realistic is that if we add a RB it will be a similar deal to what we did for Ajayi next year. Two seconds or not there is a feeling that Howie doesn’t want to leverage too much. I can see this being reality.

So something similar to the Hyde for 5th that happened the other day sounds most realistic than anything for RB. Which means it most likely it would be a trade not many are thinking about.

So the question is who could we possibly get in such a deal? And should we ?

An example....the only one that comes to mind for me is Jordan Howard. Could easily get him at this point for a 4/5.
But I’m not sure we should at this point.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for today’s game....33-26 Eagles. Not actually as close as the score says....but not a cake walk.

Key will absolutely be to get out early on them. I honestly can’t think of a more key aspect to today’s game.
I HOPE that the Eagles don't give up that many points.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HOPE that the Eagles don't give up that many points.

I hope as well. And certainly it’s possuble, especially since at home.

Maybe it’s jusr a reverse jinx....:heh:

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
already 3 passes and 0 runs.. resulting in negative 10 yards :rolleyes2:

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaky 1st offensive start

This game is over

Hopefully the Eagles bounce back with a win next week

Too soon to be on the ledge ?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hope eric reid gets knocked da fuck out before the game is over.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jeffery is such a beast. can't afford to lose him for any time this year.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17-0. that should wrap it up. what a shockingly easy win!