• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Panthers at Eagles talk

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
situational awareness was lacking there. should have been reading low to high where they were on the field.

I think situational awareness' death there was totally due to the rush nature. Being aggressive is one thing....but that moment called for a pause and a quick chat.

That and on the 4th down play....yeah it was a complete abomination across the board.....but it sure looked like all receivers were heading for the end zone and not the sticks. A quick hitter to someone could have possibly gotten that six feet before the pocket blew up. Or roll Wentz out; we have seen he can do this now.

Who lost this game? The entire team did. I know they will look at it that way....and I am going to as well. But in that whole team screw up is some tangible pieces that led to the shitty whole. I do not think offensive play calling was the absolute worse before these last few plays. Yes....we hardly ran the ball. But the box was stacked and daring us to pass.

On that last sequence of plays (taking out of account the butterfingers throw that almost sealed it on 1st down) you had three plays. The only play that accomplished anything was Smallwoods 8 yard run. And that was an audible. Late game and tight game playcalling is a big piece of this who.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think situational awareness' death there was totally due to the rush nature. Being aggressive is one thing....but that moment called for a pause and a quick chat.

That and on the 4th down play....yeah it was a complete abomination across the board.....but it sure looked like all receivers were heading for the end zone and not the sticks. A quick hitter to someone could have possibly gotten that six feet before the pocket blew up. Or roll Wentz out; we have seen he can do this now.

Who lost this game? The entire team did. I know they will look at it that way....and I am going to as well. But in that whole team screw up is some tangible pieces that led to the shitty whole. I do not think offensive play calling was the absolute worse before these last few plays. Yes....we hardly ran the ball. But the box was stacked and daring us to pass.

On that last sequence of plays (taking out of account the butterfingers throw that almost sealed it on 1st down) you had three plays. The only play that accomplished anything was Smallwoods 8 yard run. And that was an audible. Late game and tight game playcalling is a big piece of this who.
Jeffery was open about 10 yards downfield on 4th.

Looks like Wentz wanted Agholor, and didn't see that Kuechle coming down hard on that had left Jeffery open.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, the 2nd TD surrendered by Darby was just head-scratching - he bit on a play fake when there was no reason to, and the receiver easily got by him for the catch. Up 11 points and your one job is to keep your guy in front of you. Even the commentator was saying why would you bite in a situation like that, a kid playing pop warner would have shown more awareness in that situation.

Schwartz SHOULD start blitzing more, but he seems allergic to it even though it has proven to be an effective thing to do in certain situations.

I miss Jim Johnson.

Me too, but he's not coming back. ;)

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF. Four losses by a total of 15 points. So, the season is recoverable assuming everybody plays smarter including Peterson. Missed the game vacationing in Utah. Weather working out better than the birds.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF. Four losses by a total of 15 points. So, the season is recoverable assuming everybody plays smarter including Peterson. Missed the game vacationing in Utah. Weather working out better than the birds.
Are you always on vacation? LOL.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you always on vacation? LOL.

:pound: As much as possible. It was 199 degrees out here in July so had to return For more Utah scenic photography without baking like a sizzling piece of meat. 25 degrees at Capital Reef in the early AM so good camping weather, heh, heh.

Maybe Clearwater in December. Heard rumor that Howard’s been hired to conduct clinic for Phils “power” guys over the winter.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: As much as possible. It was 199 degrees out here in July so had to return For more Utah scenic photography without baking like a sizzling piece of meat. 25 degrees at Capital Reef in the early AM so good camping weather, heh, heh.

Maybe Clearwater in December. Heard rumor that Howard’s been hired to conduct clinic for Phils “power” guys over the winter.

So their power numbers should improve next year....but they will all of the sudden be no longer able to hit out of a shift? :D

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
situational awareness was lacking there. should have been reading low to high where they were on the field.

I agree, but Wentz is a guy on instinct that reads high to low, he's aggressive because that's who he is. Even Aikman pointed that out a couple of weeks ago, that normally a QB should read low to high in certain situations like that but Wentz doesn't usually do that. Unfortunately it bit him in the ass on Sunday.

I think sometimes people forget this is only his 3rd year in the league; he's been so good and certain numbers off the charts (QB rating, RZ efficiency) that you only see from some guys in the league 7-10+ seasons. He'll get better in time with some of that situational awareness you mentioned, one thing about Wentz is that he rarely makes major mistakes often... he's a smart guy and will figure it out. We're lucky to have him.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but Wentz is a guy on instinct that reads high to low, he's aggressive because that's who he is. Even Aikman pointed that out a couple of weeks ago, that normally a QB should read low to high in certain situations like that but Wentz doesn't usually do that. Unfortunately it bit him in the ass on Sunday.

I think sometimes people forget this is only his 3rd year in the league; he's been so good and certain numbers off the charts (QB rating, RZ efficiency) that you only see from some guys in the league 7-10+ seasons. He'll get better in time with some of that situational awareness you mentioned, one thing about Wentz is that he rarely makes major mistakes often... he's a smart guy and will figure it out. We're lucky to have him.

I only wish he was 100%... but he'll get there.