• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Panthers at Eagles talk

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick 6!

3cc0c331e0b2ad9cf0c3b1333b2386f84f460423450b51e52db9e856783ad838_large

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not all the confident about this game. Dougie has went from what worked to get us a SB and keep channeling his inner Andy Reid. We are 6th in attempts, 5th in completions but 19th in yards. That tells a lot about the passing game because we are not able to get the ball deep. We are throwing a lot of underneath stuff becuase no one respects our running game. We may not have an all pro but with the line we have Clement and Smallwood can get the job done......but.... I think it is critical that we trade for a RB before he deadline.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not all the confident about this game. Dougie has went from what worked to get us a SB and keep channeling his inner Andy Reid. We are 6th in attempts, 5th in completions but 19th in yards. That tells a lot about the passing game because we are not able to get the ball deep. We are throwing a lot of underneath stuff becuase no one respects our running game. We may not have an all pro but with the line we have Clement and Smallwood can get the job done......but.... I think it is critical that we trade for a RB before he deadline.
The problems with the passing game are almost as much a function of no big-play WR as anything else.

Until Jeffery came back, our most productive WR was Agholor, and he had 3 games under 40 yards. They still don't have a real home-run hitter on offense, but having Jeffery helps, because now they at least have someone who can consistently win one-on-one battles on the outside.

They scored way more TDs through the air last season than on the ground (38/9, or over 4x), right now they are at 9/6 passing/running.

They need someone to loosen up defenses up top, IMO.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is it?
First you say that they can't get the ball deep - which means that none of their WR's are fast enough and they need to have one - and then you say that it is critical that they trade for a RB.
Give me the WR.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need both, but they may wait until the draft.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they need both a RB and WR but in my opinion if they were to make a trade they will get a better value out of a WR this year

:2cents:

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problems with the passing game are almost as much a function of no big-play WR as anything else.

Until Jeffery came back, our most productive WR was Agholor, and he had 3 games under 40 yards. They still don't have a real home-run hitter on offense, but having Jeffery helps, because now they at least have someone who can consistently win one-on-one battles on the outside.

They scored way more TDs through the air last season than on the ground (38/9, or over 4x), right now they are at 9/6 passing/running.

They need someone to loosen up defenses up top, IMO.

Maybe we should miss Torrey Smith more.
He almost never "took the top off" the D....but maybe he did really help open the passing up a lot just by being that speed threat. We do need someone speed out there.

That said....the passing game looked MUCH better last week. Having Jeffrey back makes lots of that stuff look better.

And....at the same time....as I think about getting crazy excited about winning this Sunday a voice pops up in my head and reminds me...."It was the Giants".
Only way through that is to see how they do Sunday.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Bucs fading fast, maybe D Jackson could be dealt? That would surely loosen up opposing defenses. I don't think the Eagles are going to make a big trade though.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Bucs fading fast, maybe D Jackson could be dealt? That would surely loosen up opposing defenses. I don't think the Eagles are going to make a big trade though.

I would be down with this if we could get him at a good deal. DJax has continued to prove he can still put on some speed. That could work for this year.

I think though that they feel they can get Wallace back at a point in a short bit and that will do it.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there is a big surprise on the way.....restructuring Fletch's contract is just to start to make room to extend BG, and get ready to give Carson's huge deal. Doing both would be wonderful, but with all the draft picks in the off season, I think they just want to go young, and pick a lot of stud stars.

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ll be leaving at 5:30 am for the game. Gota stop on the turnpike for coffee and some pastry. Then get a good spot in the parking lot to tailgate. Looks like a nice day for football at this time with a high of about 52°. Rained the whole game last game I was at with the Colts. I hope to enjoy this game and hope they win, but this MAY, be my last to attend. Been doing this for a long time now. Getting too old for this now, hate to say it but you gota know when it’s time to “hang it up”.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How old are ya dusty? What part of Penna are you located?

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How old are ya dusty? What part of Penna are you located?

I’m 73 1/2 and lots of arthritis, especially in my spine and cervical disc. Also a bulging disc in my lower back. It is the hustle from the parking lot to the stadium and back, up the ramps, and there is an escalator, but then 22 steps straight up to our seats in the 200 section that is getting to me. I’m located in Franklin County. Thanks for asking.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 75 1/2. I have replaced both knees, and my right hip twice + a broken Femur,
(Pardon us, you Guys, while 2 old timers complain about our infirmities).
I had tickets to the Dallas game at the end of last season, but we stayed home, because of the weather (12 degrees), and snow. Plus they didn't play the starters. By the way, everybody, Chickie's and Pete's has a great valet service. Park your car there all day, and they chauffeur you right to the stadium (ouitside the gates), and pick you up after the game. they do expect you to eat something there after the game, which is very good. the cost is $25, which is cheaper than parking!
Dusty, I live in Lancaster County, and have rooted for the Eagles since 1957. I was born on N. Broad St., and moved to Lancaster in 1974.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys,

This offense got on track last week.

Wentz was rusty.

Alshon was rusty.

Just a matter of time before the new space Agholor has to work in creates some big plays.

The offense will be dangerous come playoff time. Doug is putting things on tape now that he will use to abuse defenses later.

Heads up.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys,

This offense got on track last week.

Wentz was rusty.

Alshon was rusty.

Just a matter of time before the new space Agholor has to work in creates some big plays.

The offense will be dangerous come playoff time. Doug is putting things on tape now that he will use to abuse defenses later.

Heads up.
I hope that you're right but a couple of extra offensive weapons wouldn't hurt.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 75 1/2. I have replaced both knees, and my right hip twice + a broken Femur,
(Pardon us, you Guys, while 2 old timers complain about our infirmities).
I had tickets to the Dallas game at the end of last season, but we stayed home, because of the weather (12 degrees), and snow. Plus they didn't play the starters. By the way, everybody, Chickie's and Pete's has a great valet service. Park your car there all day, and they chauffeur you right to the stadium (ouitside the gates), and pick you up after the game. they do expect you to eat something there after the game, which is very good. the cost is $25, which is cheaper than parking!
Dusty, I live in Lancaster County, and have rooted for the Eagles since 1957. I was born on N. Broad St., and moved to Lancaster in 1974.
Apparently, I'm 3rd. I'm almost 66. In Lehigh County.