• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Panther watch

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one of our first two picks ends up being a QB, that will have meant we're pretty much starting over from scratch yet again, and that would suck big time. So suffice to say I'm hoping by season's end the subject of which QB to take will be non existant. Shit, I'm even hoping Mooney finally steps it up so that even WR isn't in the conversation, altho I suspect it will be. Under ideal conditions, it would be great if our two 1st rounders are taken from the trenches. Last night was encouraging as far as our pass rush was concerned, but no doubt our top need, unit-wise is on the DL and specifically the pass rush. That's the position I plan on following with the collegiate games in greater detail than usual.

Im in belief Poles will undoubtedly take Caleb Williams.....

Look at what Stroud has done with that horrendous Texan team from last season and thats with Nico effin Collins as their top wr.......The guy is on fire....So I dont think of it as starting over.
Imagine what CW could do with Moore and my 2nd favorite cfb player,Marvin Harrison.
The money saved by either trading JF for whatever or letting him walk,would be huge,especially being we still are no.1 in cap money to spend........
We could do alot with that on both lines in freeagency......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im in belief Poles will undoubtedly take Caleb Williams.....
Well that depends on a couple of things. 1. One of the Bears two 1st round draft choices will have the first pick in the draft, as Williams is undoubtedly still the consensue top pick in next year's draft. And his current season is doing nothing to dispel this belief. 2. If the Bears pick is closer to the middle of the first round, that would likely mean Fields played pretty decently for the rest of this season, which would in turn mean the Bears wouldn't be eligible for any of the top QBs in the draft, and more likely would not even be looking at a QB with either of their two picks.

So it's TBD at this point.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that depends on a couple of things. 1. One of the Bears two 1st round draft choices will have the first pick in the draft, as Williams is undoubtedly still the consensue top pick in next year's draft. And his current season is doing nothing to dispel this belief. 2. If the Bears pick is closer to the middle of the first round, that would likely mean Fields played pretty decently for the rest of this season, which would in turn mean the Bears wouldn't be eligible for any of the top QBs in the draft, and more likely would not even be looking at a QB with either of their two picks.

So it's TBD at this point.

The only pick we need is Carolinas for Williams........assuming Car is with out a doubt worst in the league....
If our pick is in the 10-15th pick,yes,itll make all the difference in the world......agreed.

With the above 1-3 teams playing eachother,we are in a top 6 mode.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it stands today,we still have the no.1 pick via Carolina.......they play @ Miami Sunday,fully expect we are still at the first pick.

As far as the second pick,we are tied with 6 other teams for the 2nd pick.......Could be one less if the Raiders can pull out a victory at home vs GB.......

In our division,they have Minnesota below us as the cellar dweller.....
I tend to guess,we are between the 3rd pick and the 6th pick.......
We will be picking before Denver......so make that 3rd to the 5th.
Not sure how tiebreakers go......

And we play Minnesota next weekend......something will have to give.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you bet your sweet ass I'm a Raiders fan tonight baby.

Let's GOOOOOOO....

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the Bears get the number 1, all is good. If Fields balls out the rest of the season, then you have a decision, which might net you another grade A player and another #1 pick the year following plus.... If Fields doesn't, then Caleb has a decision to make... Does he, or does he not want to play in Chicago.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you bet your sweet ass I'm a Raiders fan tonight baby.

Let's GOOOOOOO....

I'm picturing Jiddy celebrating in his silver & black jersey tonight!!

Well it worked........not too add Love is coming back down to earth....
3 ints,182 yards on 16 of 30.........gotta Love it.

Last edited:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st pick Bears via Carolina

Dolphins undoubtedly beats Carolina....

1 win teams:

Minnesota @ Chicago.......huge game considering draft positioning for both teams with one win each......and Vikes will be without JJ.
KC without a doubt beats Den.....
Pats @ Raiders.......even if Raiders win,it still helps us.
Cardinals at Rams......Arizona beat Dallas,can they beat LA??
Giants at Bills......Bills win of course.

A Bears win drops us down to the 7th pick......and I can see another Bears victory being no JJ for Minnesota........they are not good at all.......
And those other 1 win teams are playing teams better than they are.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st pick Bears via Carolina

Dolphins undoubtedly beats Carolina....

1 win teams:

Minnesota @ Chicago.......huge game considering draft positioning for both teams with one win each......and Vikes will be without JJ.
KC without a doubt beats Den.....
Pats @ Raiders.......even if Raiders win,it still helps us.
Cardinals at Rams......Arizona beat Dallas,can they beat LA??
Giants at Bills......Bills win of course.

A Bears win drops us down to the 7th pick......and I can see another Bears victory being no JJ for Minnesota........they are not good at all.......
And those other 1 win teams are playing teams better than they are.
This Minny game is going to be an interesting test as to whether the Bears are perhaps turning the corner or if the Washington beatdown was more of a fluke. As one writer put it rather accurately, the Vikes last year were the worst 13-4 team in the league, whereas this year they're the best 1-4 team in the league. Just about everyone and his grandmammy thought they were paper champions last year and it showed in the playoffs. But this current 1-4 team seems to be better than their record would otherwise indicate. Only one of their four losses have been by as many as 7 points, and that was against the Chiefs. OTOH, in their lone dub, they outscored the winless Panthers by only 8.

And I'm sorry, but I'm not amongst the contingent of Bears fans here who think we win by losing - meaning of course the more games we lose the better our draft position. I'd be much happier drafting in the middle of the pack vs having one of the top spots due to a sucky record. I ALWAYS root for our team to win each and every week. I can always console myself when they lose by saying, "oh well, at least it will mean a better draft spot." But that's really more of a sour grapes take. I just don't know how to root against them on any given week. Besides, I now have a team that I truly can root for to lose each and every week, and that's the Panthers. Go <any team> vs Carolina!!!!!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Minny game is going to be an interesting test as to whether the Bears are perhaps turning the corner or if the Washington beatdown was more of a fluke. As one writer put it rather accurately, the Vikes last year were the worst 13-4 team in the league, whereas this year they're the best 1-4 team in the league. Just about everyone and his grandmammy thought they were paper champions last year and it showed in the playoffs. But this current 1-4 team seems to be better than their record would otherwise indicate. Only one of their four losses have been by as many as 7 points, and that was against the Chiefs. OTOH, in their lone dub, they outscored the winless Panthers by only 8.

And I'm sorry, but I'm not amongst the contingent of Bears fans here who think we win by losing - meaning of course the more games we lose the better our draft position. I'd be much happier drafting in the middle of the pack vs having one of the top spots due to a sucky record. I ALWAYS root for our team to win each and every week. I can always console myself when they lose by saying, "oh well, at least it will mean a better draft spot." But that's really more of a sour grapes take. I just don't know how to root against them on any given week. Besides, I now have a team that I truly can root for to lose each and every week, and that's the Panthers. Go <any team> vs Carolina!!!!!

Im sure I can speak for all of us as in ee never wanna see the Bears lose.....but as bad as the season has started out for us,having another top 5 pick is close to reality........
Id love to see the Bears draft Williams and Marvin Harrison Jr........and MHJ is a very good possibility even with pick 4.......
And if I came off as wanting the Bears to lose,nah,its more of being unintended while being a realist.....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure fleece is the right word....unless Bryce Young never develops into a star QB. Early on, he's definitely struggling, but there's plenty of time for him to adapt. No doubt we made out really well with the draft picks haul and of course the gift that's gonna keep on giving in DJ Moore. Still, if Young ever does develop into a star, then it will have simply been a good trade for both sides. Regardless, I'm thrilled with the results.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if GB or Minny get the #1 pick?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if GB or Minny get the #1 pick?

I dont think GB will get the no.1,its almost a certainity it will be us.......

Minnesota on ther hand,with Justin J and Addison,not good for us.......

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm merely trying to point out that the Bears and Panthers are not the only bad teams.

The Vikes, Cards, G-men, Pats and Donkeys are all 1-4. There are another half dozen teams that have 2 wins.

Just saying it's no slam dunknthe Bears and Panthers finish 31 and 32.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm merely trying to point out that the Bears and Panthers are not the only bad teams.

The Vikes, Cards, G-men, Pats and Donkeys are all 1-4. There are another half dozen teams that have 2 wins.

Just saying it's no slam dunknthe Bears and Panthers finish 31 and 32.
Vikes just lost Jefferson for a few games too.

Bears seem to be getting healthier, and guys like Jenkins and Gordon make a difference. If Getsy and Flus can get out of the way, and Fields can stay out of his own way, I could see em' getting a few here.

The D-line needs to keep improving tho.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemme add too those other 1-4 teams will need a QB in 2024.... can there be some behind-the-scenes discussions of tanking? :noidea: Especially for all the hype this kid is garnering.