• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Palmer cut?

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't let te door hit you on the way out. Tom Nelson was also cut.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this is screwed up... MB signed him to a contract... he gave him his word..

but yea, Jordan should have never been here in the first place.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god Nelson was cut too. He was absolutely terribly. I'm figuring Nelson, Crocker, Mays, Sands, and Wilson will be kept at S.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Bo Scaife should be next considering he only signed a 1-year deal.

I wonder if this will open the doors for a Carson return.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan should be on his knees thanking his big brother that he had a job for this long.....oh, and good riddance TNelson, too......

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, neither of our backup QB's were very inspiring, we could cut them all and probably sign someone else if we wanted to. Mike Brown just didn't like the look of the brother of the man flipping him the bird out there every day.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carson's contract was for 100+ million dollars and was the leader of this team. He is a different entity than any other player on this team, period. Brown was not going to let the preceived leader of this team push him around, plain and freaking simple. Brown was not goign to let anarchy reign supreme. If your top dog goes bananas and gets his way, it begins a trickle down effect.

It is what is, so for god sake stfu about it already. No amount of bitching is going to change a fucking thing. I am so sick and god damned tired of hearing it.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Carson's contract was for 100+ million dollars and was the leader of this team. He is a different entity than any other player on this team, period. Brown was not going to let the preceived leader of this team push him around, plain and freaking simple. Brown was not goign to let anarchy reign supreme. If your top dog goes bananas and gets his way, it begins a trickle down effect.

It is what is, so for god sake stfu about it already. No amount of bitching is going to change a fucking thing. I am so sick and god damned tired of hearing it.

calm down.. it was a joke... granted, it was at the expense of one of the most absurd organzational decrees in NFL history..

and you're not being "pushed around" or "caving in" by honoring the trade request of a veteran player on his last legs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really don't think it sets the precident that people think it does. It's a perfect storm, so to speak.

On one hand you have an embarassment of an owner/GM. One that would have been relieved of his managing duties decades ago by any other franchise in the league. His decisions have led to his team being being the laughingstock of the league, and his unwillingness to do what is necessary to produce a winning team means playing for the Bengals is unique.

On the other hand you have the millionaire QB. One that has handled his money wisely, and has decided that playing for the Bengals is not worth the $40 million he is due to make. He is actually willing to walk away from the game and the money. Unlike the Chad and Chris Johnson's of the world, it seems this is not a negotiating tactic, and not an idle threat. Also a unique situation.

So trading Palmer is the right thing to do for everyone. He gets to play, the Bengals get compensated for him, and Mike Brown actually makes a good football decision. Good decisions are the kind of 'trickle down' I can get on board with.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

You are a dumbass. Plain and freaking simple. Get off your fucking knees.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think it sets the precident that people think it does. It's a perfect storm, so to speak.

On one hand you have an embarassment of an owner/GM. One that would have been relieved of his managing duties decades ago by any other franchise in the league. His decisions have led to his team being being the laughingstock of the league, and his unwillingness to do what is necessary to produce a winning team means playing for the Bengals is unique.

On the other hand you have the millionaire QB. One that has handled his money wisely, and has decided that playing for the Bengals is not worth the $40 million he is due to make. He is actually willing to walk away from the game and the money. Unlike the Chad and Chris Johnson's of the world, it seems this is not a negotiating tactic, and not an idle threat. Also a unique situation.

So trading Palmer is the right thing to do for everyone. He gets to play, the Bengals get compensated for him, and Mike Brown actually makes a good football decision. Good decisions are the kind of 'trickle down' I can get on board with.

Well said.......

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
calm down.. it was a joke... granted, it was at the expense of one of the most absurd organzational decrees in NFL history..

and you're not being "pushed around" or "caving in" by honoring the trade request of a veteran player on his last legs

I agree it t is stupid not to get anything for Palmetr, but what Brown sees as the situation is different than you or I. It was never going to happen, it is dfone, we all need to get over it, especially Flaming.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LOL @ justifying anything that Brown "sees".

You are a disgusting homer.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You belong on boards.bengals.com (board where futball gets his information). You'd fit right in.

Little brother relased - Page 3 - Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums

If Carson said to Mike that he would retire and then didn't show up in camp, I can see Mike refusing to let Carson even enter PBS (without a ticket), let alone on the team. Even though Carson hasn't technically filed the retirement papers, it is a reasonable assumption that if Carson has made an ultimatum, and then if Mike accepts it, then Carson is retired and isn't owed a dime even if he tries to show up. Court would likely favor Mike as the preponderance of the evidense suggests Carson was retired/retiring since he wasn't traded, even if he didn't file papers with the NFL because he didn't show up for camp. The fact was that if Carson did not deny the public rumors he was retiring, then the team could reasonably act on them as if they were true.

I suspect Carson didn't file papers as the Commish probably told Carson that he would not approve their retraction in advent the Bengals released his rights to prevent this being a new tactic for those players not named Brett Favre to break a contract and go to a new team.

If Carson did come back, I could see the Bengals sueing Carson for damages, as there will have been damages in loss of the first round draft pick, the loss of season ticket sales, team chemistry/mojo, and whatever else that can be piled on. Carson's purported $50 million stash may not be enough to cover the damages.

In fact, I'm convinced it was you (probably Katie or Troy) that wrote that misinformed drivel.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You belong on boards.bengals.com (board where futball gets his information). You'd fit right in.

Little brother relased - Page 3 - Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums

In fact, I'm convinced it was you (probably Katie or Troy) that wrote that misinformed drivel.

God, I wish I had Katie or Troy's money and got to help run this team. I hate the fact we suck, but I love this team. That will never change. I am as loyal as any person. My sports teams, my friends my family. I would do anything for them.