• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Palm Springs (2020)

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am glad they touched on Roy in the post credit, but about granny? I thought that was clearly Sarah, but after maybe billions of years or something. How could they not revisit her?

why would Nyles not recognize him though?

I really hate time travel and loops lol

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would Nyles not recognize him though?

I really hate time travel and loops lol
I figured that it reset to Nyles at the beginning of the day, so he had never met Roy. But that goes counter to whole goat experiment. If you remove the “goat hole”, then it makes complete sense.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess spoilers are out, but I am going to stick with them. At least for the first couple pages...

I don’t know how. Not even going to venture a guess. But the little we got to see of who she was matched Sarah’s background. If we only get a tiny sliver into a character, and it happens to match perfectly one of the main characters...

I am glad they confirmed that they actually reached out to Roy to invite him to leave with them. I would have liked that scene to be shown, but I guess the previous scene at Roy’s house was an appropriate resolution for the Roy character.
I think when Sarah was on the phone, leaving a voicemail, it was for Roy.

How did she know the goat was no longer in the loop? She said the goat didn’t exist anymore. But when she and Nyles left the loop, Nyles remained (Roy goes to the party the “next” day and runs into NPC-Nyles.
I think that's because it was Roy's loop we were seeing, not Nyles any longer. He's out. Roy got the voicemail and went to the wedding to confirm with Nyles, who had no idea wtf he was talking about because it's a regular day to him. Roy will be able to talk about the loop with Nyles & Sarah when he gets out, just like they were able to stay together on November 10th... the day after the wedding

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also...
How did she know the goat was no longer in the loop? She said the goat didn’t exist anymore. But when she and Nyles left the loop, Nyles remained (Roy goes to the party the “next” day and runs into NPC-Nyles.
I don't think she knew if the goat was dead or alive, just that it got out of the loop because she didn't see it at all the next day. And that was the chance she was willing to take to escape

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also...

I don't think she knew if the goat was dead or alive, just that it got out of the loop because she didn't see it at all the next day. And that was the chance she was willing to take to escape
so repeat-goat and npc-goat both disappeared due to her experiment? If so, wouldn’t npc-Nyles be gone as well?

I am ok with the plot hole because this is a light movie. But it is a hole, none the less.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the NPCs react in the same way they did in timeline-prime. So wouldn’t npc-Nyles get caught up in the loop again? Basically, in order for Nyles to exit the loop, he would have to save ALL the Loopians (Roy, Sarah, goat, grandma-Sarah, ...). The mere fact that any of them existed would reset the loop for him. I am willing to accept it as an alternate timeline (Nyles and Sarah exist together outside the loop in one timeline), but npc-Nyles would re-enter the loop in Roy’s loop (and granny-Sarah’s loop as well, technically).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that this movie actually makes you think. And they made a legit attempt at explaining the phenomenon. That makes it a truly fun movie.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the NPCs react in the same way they did in timeline-prime. So wouldn’t npc-Nyles get caught up in the loop again? Basically, in order for Nyles to exit the loop, he would have to save ALL the Loopians (Roy, Sarah, goat, grandma-Sarah, ...). The mere fact that any of them existed would reset the loop for him. I am willing to accept it as an alternate timeline (Nyles and Sarah exist together outside the loop in one timeline), but npc-Nyles would re-enter the loop in Roy’s loop (and granny-Sarah’s loop as well, technically).
:bawling:
Stawpit! You're hurting my last brain cell!