• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Palm Springs (2020)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would probably say decades for Niles...since he forgot about his life.

It sounds like Roy met Niles in his early days so I venture to say almost as long as Nyles was in the loop.

As far as Sarah, probably not that long...maybe a year or so but nothing like decade(s).
Think about how long it would take for her to learn what she needed to learn from scratch. In a regular world, where your conversations with others can grow and advance normally, you gotta figure AT LEAST 8 years of study. Then to actually execute your plan? Without the benefit of accumulated written notes?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about how long it would take for her to learn what she needed to learn from scratch. In a regular world, where your conversations with others can grow and advance normally, you gotta figure AT LEAST 8 years of study. Then to actually execute your plan? Without the benefit of accumulated written notes?

Yeah and to make the technology...it's more like years and years. No more than a decade imo.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, Don't have to watch this now I guess...

Thanks guys!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, Don't have to watch this now I guess...

Thanks guys!
I'm following the forum rules...even though I don't like them

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm following the forum rules...even though I don't like them

I am joking.. I don't care... My name's not Karen

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, I don't care what is said on here... Won't prevent me from watching..... Heck if anything it will help me make more sense of it

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and to make the technology...it's more like years and years. No more than a decade imo.
I tried being vague. Let’s get kinda specific...

I assume that Sarah is not very highly educated to start with. At least not in advanced theoretical physics. So I am assuming her education would need to be essentially undergrad AND post grad. To get to a PHD level, that would take approx 8 years. But THAT assumes the ability to take notes, reference said notes and have ongoing conversations with professors, fellow students and experts. She does not have access to any notes that go back prior to “today”. And every conversation she has is with a stranger. SHE may have the ongoing aspect of the convo, but the other person is talking to some stranger off the street with no education on said subject.

Conversely, though, she doesn’t need to take general ed or anything like that, so maybe that would speed up her timetable.

So if it would take the base education in the “real world” to take approx 8 years, I extend that to about 10 years in “loop world” because of the lack of notes and having to establish connections EVERY DAY.

but this only gets her to the point of having the base knowledge. Now she needs to actually perform the experiments. How long did it take her to determine how to experiment? How long did it take her to determine what to try? How many failed experiments?

Kinda unrelated...

How did she know the goat was no longer in the loop? She said the goat didn’t exist anymore. But when she and Nyles left the loop, Nyles remained (Roy goes to the party the “next” day and runs into NPC-Nyles.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried being vague. Let’s get kinda specific...

I assume that Sarah is not very highly educated to start with. At least not in advanced theoretical physics. So I am assuming her education would need to be essentially undergrad AND post grad. To get to a PHD level, that would take approx 8 years. But THAT assumes the ability to take notes, reference said notes and have ongoing conversations with professors, fellow students and experts. She does not have access to any notes that go back prior to “today”. And every conversation she has is with a stranger. SHE may have the ongoing aspect of the convo, but the other person is talking to some stranger off the street with no education on said subject.

Conversely, though, she doesn’t need to take general ed or anything like that, so maybe that would speed up her timetable.

So if it would take the base education in the “real world” to take approx 8 years, I extend that to about 10 years in “loop world” because of the lack of notes and having to establish connections EVERY DAY.

but this only gets her to the point of having the base knowledge. Now she needs to actually perform the experiments. How long did it take her to determine how to experiment? How long did it take her to determine what to try? How many failed experiments?

Kinda unrelated...

How did she know the goat was no longer in the loop? She said the goat didn’t exist anymore. But when she and Nyles left the loop, Nyles remained (Roy goes to the party the “next” day and runs into NPC-Nyles.
the goat didn't recognize her the next time she saw it :)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beginning to think this might be the 2nd or 3rd best time-loop movie ever.

1) Groundhog Day. This is the CLEAR champ. I am not even certain the genre existed before this one. And movies today in-genre even reference this movie in-story. Definitely the GOAT.

after this, there are just a few candidates...

Happy Death Day
Edge of Tomorrow
Palm Springs

50 First Dates (kinda genre-related)
Momento (kinda genre-related)

Others?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actor-cameos-30-rock-16.jpg

Reactions: gob

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beginning to think this might be the 2nd or 3rd best time-loop movie ever.

1) Groundhog Day. This is the CLEAR champ. I am not even certain the genre existed before this one. And movies today in-genre even reference this movie in-story. Definitely the GOAT.

after this, there are just a few candidates...

Happy Death Day
Edge of Tomorrow
Palm Springs

50 First Dates (kinda genre-related)
Momento (kinda genre-related)

Others?
Blake Crouch's novel Recurrsion is a time-loop book that I really enjoyed.

Netflix has the rights and is making it into a show

Why Blake Crouch's Netflix-bound 'Recursion' is his most personal (and trippy) novel yet

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched it.

yeah, it’s a light fun movie.