• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers pre game

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with you, and have always said that Heinicke is a good backup. Now I'm convinced that he would make an ideal backup if/when Washington ever joins the rest of the trending NFL in getting themselves a dual threat top tier QB.
How many NFL qbs are dual threats mahomes ? Jackson Wilson Murray Dak ?
I am sure I have forgotten one or 2 but 7 out of 32 doesn’t scream trend to me

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately or not. A lotta the love is still there. Sometimes after reading an article I browse the comments section below to try n get a gauge of what people are thinking. In the past 2 days I've read several comments that lean towards its more philosophy or coaching that's the problem not Heiney. Now I tend to agree that philosophy as well as coaching isn't doing the Skins any favors, but this let Taylor be Taylor, let him use his legs etc isn't the answer either. He's slow with his reads and recognition and tends to make up his mind before some plays really develop eyeballing who he's gonna throw to. He could part Fran Tarkenton and part Roger Staubach far as his legs, but those negative traits will eventually come out and be a detriment to his game n the Skins. He has good presence far the pass rush goes, but he doesn't trust it enough or he trusts his legs more. That and he simply doesn't have the arm to make some of the throws he tries to make at times.
I say let falco be falco not because he is all world . But he is best when doing his thing and I would rather go down swinging then bring CDC bitch lite

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately or not. A lotta the love is still there. Sometimes after reading an article I browse the comments section below to try n get a gauge of what people are thinking. In the past 2 days I've read several comments that lean towards its more philosophy or coaching that's the problem not Heiney. Now I tend to agree that philosophy as well as coaching isn't doing the Skins any favors, but this let Taylor be Taylor, let him use his legs etc isn't the answer either. He's slow with his reads and recognition and tends to make up his mind before some plays really develop eyeballing who he's gonna throw to. He could part Fran Tarkenton and part Roger Staubach far as his legs, but those negative traits will eventually come out and be a detriment to his game n the Skins. He has good presence far the pass rush goes, but he doesn't trust it enough or he trusts his legs more. That and he simply doesn't have the arm to make some of the throws he tries to make at times.
Spot on. The kid sometimes makes plays because he can extend the plays but his skill in the pocket are not very good. He lacks arm strength, anticipation, reading coverages etc. There was a reason he went this long without making a team or getting to play.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dual-threat quarterback​

In football dual-threat quarterback, also known as a running quarterback, is a QB who possesses the skills and physique to run with the ball if necessary. Quarterbacks that are only able to throw the ball are referred to as pocket passing QB's.

So, take another look at my list:

1. Murray
2. Jackson
3. Allen
4. Fields
5. Burrow
6. Mayfield
7. Prescott
8. Bridgewater
9. Rodgers
10. Lawrence
11. MaHomes
12. Carr
13. Herbert
14. Tua
15. D. Jones
16. Wilson (NYJ)
17. Geno Smith
18. Hurts
19. Lance
20. Heinicke
21. Tannehill
22. Watson (Inactive)
23. T. Taylor (injured)
24. Wilson (Sea-injured)

*** Current backups who are DT types
1. J. Brissett
2. Tyler Huntley
3. Jeff Driskel
4. M. Mariotta
5. G. Smith

That's 24 out of 32 starters (75%) if you don't count big Ben below (*25/32 if you do-78%) Even if you eliminate a few of the 24 that's a huge trend anyway that you count it.

*Big Ben can't move any longer but at one time he was a dual threat QB.

** Recently out of the league (2021) are Cam and Griffin, and I didn't count Fitzpatrick.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is the thing, getting someone to sign that is any good. Rodgers wouldn't come here. What would that do for him?
This ^^^^^^ If the defense had lived up to its billing perhaps. But with the way things have went this year. The Skins look like a team more in full dysfunction mode again. Not a team that's a player or two away from seriously competing for a Super Bowl title.

Rodgers n Wilson are looking for a 2nd ring and more. They're not trying to right a franchise that's been in the puzzle factory for the better part of the last 30 years.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^^^^^^ If the defense had lived up to its billing perhaps. But with the way things have went this year. The Skins look like a team more in full dysfunction mode again. Not a team that's a player or two away from seriously competing for a Super Bowl title.

Rodgers n Wilson are looking for a 2nd ring and more. They're not trying to right a franchise that's been in the puzzle factory for the better part of the last 30 years.
Before I respond further, my question... If the trend holds for this season, are they in nearly full rebuild mode going into 2022?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dual-threat quarterback​

In football dual-threat quarterback, also known as a running quarterback, is a QB who possesses the skills and physique to run with the ball if necessary. Quarterbacks that are only able to throw the ball are referred to as pocket passing QB's.

1. Murray
2. Jackson
3. Allen
4. Fields
5. Burrow
6. Mayfield
7. Prescott
8. Bridgewater
9. Rodgers
10. Lawrence
11. MaHomes
12. Carr
13. Herbert
14. Tua
15. D. Jones
16. Wilson (NYJ)
17. Geno Smith
18. Hurts
19. Lance
20. Heinicke
21. Tannehill
22. Watson (Inactive)
23. T. Taylor (injured)
24. Wilson (Sea-injured)

1. J. Brissett
2. Tyler Huntley
3. Jeff Driskel
4. M. Mariotta
5. G. Smith

That's 24 out of 32 starters (75%) if you don't count big Ben below (*25/32 if you do-78%) Even if you eliminate a few of the 24 that's a huge trend anyway that you count it.

** Recently out of the league (2021) are Cam and Griffin, and I didn't count Fitzpatrick.
The revolution has begun.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The revolution has begun.
The NFL is King, but it took a bow to it's uncrowned farm system and the QB's being developed there!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I respond further, my question... If the trend holds for this season, are they in nearly full rebuild mode going into 2022?
If the trend holds for the season they'll be looking for more than players in 2022. They'll probably be looking for multiple coaches again as well.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dual-threat quarterback​

1. Murray
2. Jackson
3. Allen
4. Fields
5. Burrow
6. Mayfield
7. Prescott
8. Bridgewater
9. Rodgers
10. Lawrence
11. MaHomes
12. Carr
13. Herbert
14. Tua
15. D. Jones
16. Wilson (NYJ)
17. Geno Smith
18. Hurts
19. Lance
20. Heinicke
21. Tannehill
22. Watson (Inactive)
23. T. Taylor (injured)
24. Wilson (Sea-injured)

1. J. Brissett
2. Tyler Huntley
3. Jeff Driskel
4. M. Mariotta
5. G. Smith

Some on your list aren’t dual threats at all and some certainly arent very good at all . Burrow ? Geno smith ? Lawrence ?
Fields isn’t much nor is lance at this point
Hurts blows , falco meh Jones and Tua urine Taylor career journeyman driskel CFL brisset Hundley?
Carr dual threat ?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some on your list aren’t dual threats at all and some certainly arent very good at all . Burrow ? Geno smith ? Lawrence ?
Fields isn’t much nor is lance at this point
Hurts blows , falco meh Jones and Tua urine Taylor career journeyman driskel CFL brisset Hundley?
Carr dual threat ?
Who said that they had to be good great or even relevant? YOUR assertion was that there was no or little trend towards dual threat QB's. My list disproves that even as you try to qualify and/or quantify their performances in the league as reason to disqualify some of them.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they going to tie Adams ankles together. That is the only chance I see them covering him and we know Rodgers will find.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with you, and have always said that Heinicke is a good backup. Now I'm convinced that he would make an ideal backup if/when Washington ever joins the rest of the trending NFL in getting themselves a dual threat top tier QB.
I don’t see many top tier dual threat qbs . I named them except Allen
Brady isn’t dual threat nor is stafford and most of your dual threats simply aren’t good

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see many top tier dual threat qbs . I named them except Allen
Brady isn’t dual threat nor is stafford and most of your dual threats simply aren’t good
The topic was trend, not performance of said members of that trend. Beyond that, I'm struggling to find a connection between you not seeing many top tier dual threat QB's and Washington trying to get one. Unless you're saying that they shouldn't try to get one because they are not readily available.

Last edited:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they going to tie Adams ankles together. That is the only chance I see them covering him and we know Rodgers will find.
If they don't do that or something similar. Adams could rack up 300 yards on this defense.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The topic was trend, not performance of said members of that trend. Beyond that, I'm struggling to find a connection between you not seeing many top tier dual threat QB's and Washington trying to get one. Unless you're saying that they shouldn't try to get one because they are not readily available.
I am saying that we need a competent qb and dual threat doesn’t have to be it

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am saying that we need a competent qb and dual threat doesn’t have to be it
We've had many competent QB's but few in leadership with historical recall or a desire to follow the lone example in the league (Tennessee Titans) The trend is towards dual threats because that's also the trend in college ball for the better ones. Look at this last draft as an example.

Washington just doesn't have what it takes to build a winner molded in its historical success. Why not take a different tack as they did in Carolina? (Out with the dinosaurs, in with innovation, youth, and people who have found success coaching in college with the same type of players who will ultimately be NFL participants!

After-all, if you are rebuilding doesn't it stand to reason that you'll be doing so with youth?