• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers pre game

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Paulson is pretty respected

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance that a different approach includes actual coaching and/or coaching to his player's strengths?
We shall see. He did talk to Collins and gave him some Daddy truth

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heinicke shouldn't be called Falco because Falco was a good QB in the movie

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heinicke shouldn't be called Falco because Falco was a good QB in the movie
A QB who can't throw from the pocket is a QB that won't win on a consistent basis in the NFL.
I want to express this in as strong a manner as possible.. WHAT Follows, is not directed at either of you, periodt.

However, your postings have afforded me the opportunity to ask, the board, what happened to all of the love for Heinicke?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The love was based in hope. Hope of the unknown, the unseen. What we saw against Tampa we hoped was real.

We know what Fitz is. We wondered, do we have the next Romo or Warner, or will the clock strike 12.

Speaking for myself. I got my answer. The love is still there......as a back up. If my QB room is a franchise signal caller and my back up is TH, I'm good.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoy hope too, just not when it comes to this team. Honest, clear eyed, unemotional perspective, certainly seemed to have saved me a lot of unnecessary angst though!! I do agree that going forward, he's (Heinicke) the backup, (my original position) Kyle Allen can pack up and go.

February 11, 2021 • 106 posts • 989 views
#49 - StymieteeSearch results
I Remember the times when we had a QB with a far different skillset than his backup?

I now believe that Heinicke is the backup going into camp. Now it becomes interesting to see if Washington goes with that old familiar odd coupling or find another QB who's better and possesses the same dynamic skillset. Imagine that, a starting QB who's very, very, good backed up with a player with very similar dynamic skills.

March 21, 2021 • 81 posts • 944 views

#50 -Stymietee

BTW: Taylor Heinicke is a good story, it was real nice to see him come in and contribute in that play-off game, but if you're looking for the next grocery store bagger to NFL star like Warner, Taylor Heinicke is not it. Actually he's been around and hasn't impressed enough to convince anyone that he's more than a one hit wonder. He'll get his chance, but we have to remember, those who know him best, have repeatedly told us that they are still looking for the answer, even going as far as signing a 12 year journeyman after signing Heinicke to a backup type contract. If they believed in him why do any of this extra stuff, or announce that they are still in search for their long term answer at the position?

March 09, 2021 • 16 posts • 160 views

Taylor Heinicke, who I see as getting a couple of early wins before defenses take away a lot of those "spot" throws and forces him to adjust to their adjustments. Unfortunately, I believe that we have already seen the best of him and as a starter this team finishes in the 3-13, 4-12, 5-11 range but nothing better than that.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falco was a scab . He fit perfectly into the overblown hype surrounding TH .

People christened him without looking at the whole picture

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to express this in as strong a manner as possible.. WHAT Follows, is not directed at either of you, periodt.

However, your postings have afforded me the opportunity to ask, the board, what happened to all of the love for Heinicke?
Unfortunately or not. A lotta the love is still there. Sometimes after reading an article I browse the comments section below to try n get a gauge of what people are thinking. In the past 2 days I've read several comments that lean towards its more philosophy or coaching that's the problem not Heiney. Now I tend to agree that philosophy as well as coaching isn't doing the Skins any favors, but this let Taylor be Taylor, let him use his legs etc isn't the answer either. He's slow with his reads and recognition and tends to make up his mind before some plays really develop eyeballing who he's gonna throw to. He could part Fran Tarkenton and part Roger Staubach far as his legs, but those negative traits will eventually come out and be a detriment to his game n the Skins. He has good presence far the pass rush goes, but he doesn't trust it enough or he trusts his legs more. That and he simply doesn't have the arm to make some of the throws he tries to make at times.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately or not. A lotta the love is still there. Sometimes after reading an article I browse the comments section below to try n get a gauge of what people are thinking. In the past 2 days I've read several comments that lean towards its more philosophy or coaching that's the problem not Heiney. Now I tend to agree that philosophy as well as coaching isn't doing the Skins any favors, but this let Taylor be Taylor, let him use his legs etc isn't the answer either. He's slow with his reads and recognition and tends to make up his mind before some plays really develop eyeballing who he's gonna throw to. He could part Fran Tarkenton and part Roger Staubach far as his legs, but those negative traits will eventually come out and be a detriment to his game n the Skins. He has good presence far the pass rush goes, but he doesn't trust it enough or he trusts his legs more. That and he simply doesn't have the arm to make some of the throws he tries to make at times.
I do agree with you, and have always said that Heinicke is a good backup. Now I'm convinced that he would make an ideal backup if/when Washington ever joins the rest of the trending NFL in getting themselves a dual threat top tier QB.