• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers pre game

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a bit of good news with respect to any conversations about this being Rodgers next home.

The one thing that he won't yell to the crowd here in D.C. (actually Maryland) is...

"I own you! I still own you!" (because he doesn't)

For his career, Rodgers has a 2-3 regular season record against Washington. Out of the 31 other franchises the quarterback has played against, only six other teams does Rodgers have a career winning percentage of .500 or lower against. And, of those six clubs, only Tampa Bay has faced No. 12 more than Washington.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a bit of good news with respect to any conversations about this being Rodgers next home.

The one thing that he won't yell to the crowd here in D.C. (actually Maryland) is...

For his career, Rodgers has a 2-3 regular season record against Washington. Out of the 31 other franchises the quarterback has played against, only six other teams does Rodgers have a career winning percentage of .500 or lower against. And, of those six clubs, only Tampa Bay has faced No. 12 more than Washington.

I don't think you used the exact language Rodgers used yesterday to the Bears fans but that's because you speak with more class than what Rodgers demonstrated.

Seriously, I think Rodgers thought he was going to get the Jeopardy job so that he could put his football in his closet forever. Now since that's not going to happen I picture Rodgers being traded to somewhere and on the first day of practice the QB coach there tries to get Rodgers to change his mechanics to get him to stop throwing off his back foot, sidearm, underhand, behind the back, etc. Wouldn't it be kind of funny if this QB coach had on a sweatshirt that read Bears and that somewhere that Rodgers got traded to was Chicago?

The moral of this story is that you never talk bad about your competitor because one day you might be working for them.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you used the exact language Rodgers used yesterday to the Bears fans but that's because you speak with more class than what Rodgers demonstrated.

Seriously, I think Rodgers thought he was going to get the Jeopardy job so that he could put his football in his closet forever. Now since that's not going to happen I picture Rodgers being traded to somewhere and on the first day of practice the QB coach there tries to get Rodgers to change his mechanics to get him to stop throwing off his back foot, sidearm, underhand, behind the back, etc. Wouldn't it be kind of funny if this QB coach had on a sweatshirt that read Bears and that somewhere that Rodgers got traded to was Chicago?

The moral of this story is that you never talk bad about your competitor because one day you might be working for them.
Beautifully stated...he might end his career in Chicago but I have questions.

1. Does anyone know if his new contract includes an ability to veto potential trading destinations?

2. How badly does Green Bay rob any potential trading partner?

3. Knowing that he "must" (he could stay) be traded, what's the maximum that the above trading partner pay to get him?

4. If he goes to S.F as rumored, do the WFT go after either Jimmy G or Lance?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beautifully stated...he might end his career in Chicago but I have questions.

1. Does anyone know if his new contract includes an ability to veto potential trading destinations?

2. How badly does Green Bay rob any potential trading partner?

3. Knowing that he "must" (he could stay) be traded, what's the maximum that the above trading partner pay to get him?

4. If he goes to S.F as rumored, do the WFT go after either Jimmy G or Lance?

If he does go to SF, and the Skins called, Kyle would have to ask himself if he wants Rodgers replacement on the roster or a top 5 pick to go with Aaron? I think we all know what Aaron would want.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does go to SF, and the Skins called, Kyle would have to ask himself if he wants Rodgers replacement on the roster or a top 5 pick to go with Aaron? I think we all know what Aaron would want.
Yeah, Aaron wouldn't want Lance behind him, I think?? But the 49'ers gave up a whole lot to get him, and would want like compensation to let him go. I'm not sure if they can get anything close to that in return. Then there are the questions about Jimmy G's future and compensation for him if he wants out or his satisfaction if he stays.

In every case, should Rodgers go west, they are in an very enviable position.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Fran would seem like a good landing spot for Rodgers except how does he deal with Lance being there after he pulled a love handle because the Packers drafted Jordan Love?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we watch with the idea that Rodgers might be wearing the logo of whoever the hell the team is next year?
Highly unlikely. Why would a star come here for his swan song? This team is not going too the SB before Rodgers retires. I have to believe he wants to go to a team where he can retire as a champ one more time.

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time week nine gets here this team is likely 2-6. Not too sure put Tom Brady back there would help.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol, your a breath of fresh air!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I created and posted this graph during the off-season to make a point about about what must be done to win games this year. I think that it is still instructive in predicting outcomes for those who are interested.

1634675579623.png

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one wants to come here
So we're either consigned to football hell, or this team has to do one of two things in order to get out.

1. Get lucky in the draft... something that they have never done in the Snyder era.

2. Pay dearly to get "that guy." then, know how to build an offensive team around him, also something that they haven't demonstrated in the Snyder era.