• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers 2012-13

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well get this started.

My thoughts on the team after the loss to New York today... It was a great season that ended with a fizzle. I just didn't see that competitive spirit in the team today. Big mistakes. Terrible plays. I think this team was capable of falling on it's face all year because of the injuries and flaws they've struggled with, and instead they gave us a great season with some really amazing stats.

I don't want to be overly negative, so sometime later this week I will talk about what I think needs to be done in the offseason.

Keep your heads up Packer Backers.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally hate the friggin bye week. Seems like its always just enough to

throw things out of balance. Couple that with Rodgers and others sitting out the last reg season game and its a recipe for failure.

That being said if we can pick up some quality on D I like our chances next year.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't play like they wanted it. They were either just mentally exhausted from trying to stay on top of their game and in that zone that got them a ring last season, or this offense just can't play in the cold, or they just didn't handle the recent tragedy well, or it was a combination of all that. The offense just looked sooooooo off. The defense was never there this year.

I'm with tk83, though. I'm sick of seeing Finley's tweets on Fox Gameday, running his damn mouth. Maybe he should get off his phone and meditate on how to catch the %$#%$#ing ball. I'm done with that guy. I'd say give the guy another season, but his mouth put him in the doghouse, in my opinion. That and continuing to choke away first downs in a game he essentially claimed we would run away with.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finley should be traded away, I think we need to build on the running game

for the late season and playoffs. Also Driver will want to retire at some point

(hate to see him go) and we need Jones or someone to step up as the

possession reciever.

Absolutely have to get a pass rush out of the D and there are a few prospects coming up in the draft. ( I would make that first priority)

I still think the Pack will be the favorites next season for the Championship.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think finley is a free agent. Good riddance.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont let the door hit ya in the ass Finley.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding. Anyway, I hate to say it because I had a bunch of runins with 49ers fans around here, but I really really hope they win tonight. Do not like the Giants.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let finley walk. He would command the franchise tag. Dont need to give him money. Book it, cobb will pass james jones next year and eventually claim driver's spot.

Obvious needs inclue a big time pass rusher. I know it's nit tt's m.o. to go free agent, but i believe mario williams is a free agent and may not command a lot of money coming off an injury. Houston showed they don't really need him. If they go for one in the draft, i think this might be a year to consider trading up. I wouldn't mind seeing them go for trench players on both sides through the whole draft. They have enough skills position players. Time to beef up. Hopefully nick colins will be back. Will need him. I expect woodson to slow down (a bit) next year. How do you guys feel about our linebackers? I feel ok about them if we just can get guys up front to eat up blocks and provide some pressure.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell did Lee Evans do wrong? The ball got knocked away from him.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't play like they wanted it. They were either just mentally exhausted from trying to stay on top of their game and in that zone that got them a ring last season, or this offense just can't play in the cold, or they just didn't handle the recent tragedy well, or it was a combination of all that. The offense just looked sooooooo off. The defense was never there this year.

I'm with tk83, though. I'm sick of seeing Finley's tweets on Fox Gameday, running his damn mouth. Maybe he should get off his phone and meditate on how to catch the %$#%$#ing ball. I'm done with that guy. I'd say give the guy another season, but his mouth put him in the doghouse, in my opinion. That and continuing to choke away first downs in a game he essentially claimed we would run away with.
After some reflection, I really think the death of Joe Philbin's son affected them more than they would ever admit. No excuses - still gotta play. I think McC & TT should've made sure Philbin stayed home with his family. I know there's the "it's what he would've wanted" thinking, but . . .