• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pacers to sign Andrew Bynum

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son tells me the only reason Copeland isn't playing is that his butt hole puckers when he is doubled and has a tendency to turn over the ball. Don't be surprised if he sticks and is an asset in the future. Guess they are working on him a lot in practice.

I hear it's his defense. I am a Copleland fan though, at least his offense. He can get to the rim and he is deadly from outside. Seems like a good guy as well. I hope he improves, and like you said, maybe becomes an asset for Indy in the future.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear it's his defense. I am a Copleland fan though, at least his offense. He can get to the rim and he is deadly from outside. Seems like a good guy as well. I hope he improves, and like you said, maybe becomes an asset for Indy in the future.

West and Scola are not kids. With some improvements, I see him getting into the mix and playing a lot more, albeit more likely next season than this one.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in the camp of the posters that suggest this is a stupid move. Bynum is playing old white guys with money for easy money. He has no intent of focusing on anything other than weed. If some idiot owner is even considering bring this guy into a franchise, then P.T. Barnum is still right: There is a sucker born every minute. Play basketball?? Focus? Practice? Hell the dude can barely walk.

Ya, but that's the thing about Bynum; he can play. And if he stays the way he is but still just decides to play well or just becomes a good guy and works hard and plays well, then Indy may have had more of a problem with Miami if he signed with them. I understand the signing in Indy, and I am not a fan of Andrew Bynum.

I don't agree with it being a stupid move. In fact, completely the opposite, regardless if he does a single thing in Indy.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in the camp of the posters that suggest this is a stupid move. Bynum is playing old white guys with money for easy money. He has no intent of focusing on anything other than weed. If some idiot owner is even considering bring this guy into a franchise, then P.T. Barnum is still right: There is a sucker born every minute. Play basketball?? Focus? Practice? Hell the dude can barely walk.

He'll make more on the interest his fortune is earning than this contract. It's obviously not about the money.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is not about the money Hammer, then let the guy play for free if he can still play. Of course it is about the money. Trust me, having a degree in the medical field and worked with sports injuries, his knees are so bad his ability to walk is hampered and he'll be a candidate for knee-replacement surgery in the next few years. He presently requires pain-killers (cortisone shots, etc.) to play ANY minutes. I doubt if he'll finish the season in one piece.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is not about the money Hammer, then let the guy play for free if he can still play. Of course it is about the money. Trust me, having a degree in the medical field and worked with sports injuries, his knees are so bad his ability to walk is hampered and he'll be a candidate for knee-replacement surgery in the next few years. He presently requires pain-killers (cortisone shots, etc.) to play ANY minutes. I doubt if he'll finish the season in one piece.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information but the Pacers aren't going to pay someone $1,000,000 who can't walk.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure where you're getting your information but the Pacers aren't going to pay someone $1,000,000 who can't walk.

I read a synopsis of his knee problems. They do seem to be extensive. On the other hand, no one is stupid enough to sign a player with this kind of history without a thorough medical examination. Bird may look like a dumb hick, but.......

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's is my point Hammer. Why would a team sign a guy who is a high health risk? My information comes from years working with sports injuries and reading Bynum's public medical report which AM I Blue has mentioned.

The answer to this rhetorical question is every team has its own medical staff and they decide in house who they will take a risk on. It happens throughout sports at all levels. If some team doctor puts his/her foot down and states a player is not worth a medical risk and the team brass accepts that opinion, the player will probably not be included.

If the team brass engage the "wiggle" room approach and decide that he is worth the risk, then they'll do the things to engage their investment and in this case, they will pump the player full of pain killers, tape, brace, whatever him up and send him to play. They aren't concerned about long-term consequences. It is the under world of pro sports, the dirty little secrets of pro sports first exposed by Dave Meggasy way back in 1966.

So when I state that Bynum can barely walk any distance considered to be of normal activities of daily living, it is indeed a state of his health but the Pacers know this and believe their medical staff can piece together enough of him to play for them and give the Pacers what they are paying the million for to begin with.

That is why I say it is a stupid move in the long run.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Bynum joined the Pacers because they have the "best chance of winning." - Andrew Bynum

Hahaha, eat that Heat "fans" and fans!

Let me guess the retort by Miami fans though. Hmmm, something like Andrew Bynum being an idiot hahaha. Fear Indiana, you Heat lovers.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from Feb. 27th 2012 when the rumors of Bynum for Howard trade talks were heating up.

“It doesn’t matter to me; I don’t read the headlines,” Bynum said Friday according to the Orlando Sentinel. “There’s a bank in every city, and I’m going to play hard basketball wherever I go, so I’m good. “I really don’t care about it, man. You’ve just got to play basketball, just have fun

He's right about the banks, but the Cavs will tell ya about his "play hard wherever I go" attitude.

For the money spent, it's a good signing.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIA didn't offer him a contract.

So, the best chance of winning...for who offered him a contract. #Jaded

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retroram52, my thing is, how is this a stupid move for the Pacers, when it wont make them worst or mess with the salary cap? If he gets injured or acts childish, he will be benched or cut. If his mind is in the game, then he will be a great backup.

Its not like they signed him to a year plus contract. Its just insurance for the rest of the year.

You dont agree this is a low risk high reward type of signing?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10:
Agreed. And it can be seen as a defensive move as well to keep him off other rosters of contenders. Oh wait, there are no other contenders in the East.

Yeah, good move.

I think you have give Bynum some props for knowing how to get out of Cleveland and get into Indiana which clearly will be a serious contender in the playoffs. In fact coming off the bench until the playoffs will be smart and then start him against Miami and if Bynum remains healthy - MIAMI GOES DOWN FOR THE COUNT. GUARANTEED

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good signing by the Pacers for 2 reasons.

1. if Bynum can play a little bit like 10 minutes a game in a series against the Heat.

2. They take Bynum off the market in case the Heat wanted to pick him up.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BfZkDt-CAAAtgVA.jpg

All Heat fans after the Pacers signed Andrew Bynum.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers+USC. It is a bad move because, as Jim_Doors pointed out, Bynum is a complete fraud and a lockerroom cancer. He says one thing but does another. Cleveland found that out and along with his constant medical bills and is he healthy enough to play garbage, he eventually wears out his welcome.

If a club is willing to put up that kind of financial expense for Bynum's "insurance", well they have that right but it is going to cost them and I am stating that his reward to the team for the risk he is going to cost them is way too small. Obviously the Pacers disagree and apparently you do also.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers+USC. It is a bad move because, as Jim_Doors pointed out, Bynum is a complete fraud and a lockerroom cancer. He says one thing but does another. Cleveland found that out and along with his constant medical bills and is he healthy enough to play garbage, he eventually wears out his welcome.

If a club is willing to put up that kind of financial expense for Bynum's "insurance", well they have that right but it is going to cost them and I am stating that his reward to the team for the risk he is going to cost them is way too small. Obviously the Pacers disagree and apparently you do also.

He won't do shit wrong to the Pacers locker room. No way. Everyone is too tight there. Not a concern one bit.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right The Lone Granger! Because if you guys pull off a Raiders-type reclamation project, you'll reap the rewards the Pacers and their fans are hoping for and possibly a title. And I will be the first to congratulate you if that occurs. But I have seen this act before and the body of evidence is on the side of what I described. I am not so sure.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good signing by the Pacers for 2 reasons.

1. if Bynum can play a little bit like 10 minutes a game in a series against the Heat.

2. They take Bynum off the market in case the Heat wanted to pick him up.

I don't think the heat ever wanted him for 2 reasons. First is they like what they see from oden and the other reason is they don't have any room on the roster