• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pacers to sign Andrew Bynum

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bynum is high on crack or hgh if he thinks he is going to get a legitimate spot as a center. Possibly with the Lakers they are so desparate, but the kid is a basket case - that's just not going to happen

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kinda does remind me of what Boston did with Murphy a few seasons ago

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I covered that, a mutual agreement to just stay off the courts. IND is helped by MIA not being helped and Bynum does not like basketball. Win win.

At your other statement of not responding, all of my thoughts are very legitimate. Inarguable yes, that is what makes them legit.

Yeah, I think ill just wait on a real argument from someone else.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahinmi has not done all that bad a job as a backup. I would say he is slightly above average for a guy coming off the bench in that position. Rather surprising. Didn't know Kravitz had that kind of influence.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this goes comes to fruition I really think that Bynum and the Pacers have an agreement that he will not play or even need to show up for meetings. They are just paying him not to be a Heat.

This story line is so hilarious I had to explain it to my gf.

OH come on now. You have Odin. And I hear you have been giving Thor a look as well.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what is the Lone Granger's reaction to this ? :L

Free agent Andrew Bynum meets with Indiana Pacers - ESPN

I came here to post that link and saw this thread.

If Bynum played hard, he would be a great pickup, but I think he's a jerk off and I don't like assholes on my team. I hope Lance never becomes one, BTW, or I will be pissed. I had enough of that with S Jax and Artest.

Honestly, a part of me is able to breath easier if he does sign, however. But only so the Heat don't get him. I hate the Heat and want them to lose and I fear that if Bynum played decent for them, it may really help them combat my team down low.

In a perfect world, I wish Bynum straightened out his act and was an awesome back-up for Indy. I'm worried that won't happen, though, and quite frankly I wish that Andrew Bynum didn't even exist and this crap wasn't happening at all.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bynum acts like a fool then he gets cut or sits the bench. I dont see it being a bad move at all. There is no risk with this move.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they signed him after all. Good luck Bynum, I hope Indy helps you become a better player.

Free agent Andrew Bynum signs with Indiana Pacers - ESPN

"It really wasn't a hard decision, I think it's the right fit for me and, in all honesty, I think we've got the best chance of winning," said Bynum. "It will be great to back up Roy and I'll do whatever I can to help this team."

That,was nice to hear him say.

Last edited by a moderator:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice pick up by IND, I obviously hope it blows up in your face but IND is one of the cultures that could survive that.

Anybody remember this post? This thread? :D

The Heat are SO WORRIED about Indiana that they are desperately trying to do whatever they can to weather the upcoming Pacers playoff storm. I thought you could beat Indy the way you were last year? I mean...what's the problem? Hahaha.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good pickup by Indy. The Heat were interested in Bynum as insurance in case the Oden experiment doesn't work out. Indy's biggest advantage over the Heat is in the paint, so anything that keeps Miami from improving in the paint is a win for Indy.

Worst case, Bynum continues to be Bynum and Indy parks him on the end of the bench or cuts him after it's too late for the Heat to sign him. Still a win because Miami didn't get him.

Best case, being on a contender again motivates him and he actually plays well.

In either case, it helps Indy.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David West is the real leader of this team. How these two relate will pretty much tell the tale. Vogel is a good coach, but mostly a rah rah guy. If anyone has to do some ass kicking, it will be West or Bird.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice pick up by IND, I obviously hope it blows up in your face but IND is one of the cultures that could survive that.

Anybody remember this post? This thread? :D

The Pacers can beat Miami without Bynum lol. They are just making sure that the Heat stay the way they are and don't improve their chance at stopping Indy in the paint. The Pacers I believe grabbed Copleland because he killed them last year for the Knicks. Now they are getting Bynum so he doesn't potentially do damage to them for the Heat. Haha, the Pacers may just end up having two players that will sit on the bench collecting money. But, if Bynum can be valuable, he will play for Indy, bet on it.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bynum is done as a "focused" player. If he was capable of that he would have played hard for the Cavs and tried to work his way into a long deal.

At this point, whoever signs him is getting a player who could not care less about basketball if it was not for the checks. Good luck.

He "couldn't care less about basketball?" Then why is he playing basketball? For league minimum? I think not.

I can see this as a pivotal move for the Pacers.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pacers can beat Miami without Bynum lol. They are just making sure that the Heat stay the way they are and don't improve their chance at stopping Indy in the paint. The Pacers I believe grabbed Copleland because he killed them last year for the Knicks. Now they are getting Bynum so he doesn't potentially do damage to them for the Heat. Haha, the Pacers may just end up having two players that will sit on the bench collecting money. But, if Bynum can be valuable, he will play for Indy, bet on it.

My son tells me the only reason Copeland isn't playing is that his butt hole puckers when he is doubled and has a tendency to turn over the ball. Don't be surprised if he sticks and is an asset in the future. Guess they are working on him a lot in practice.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good pickup by Indy. The Heat were interested in Bynum as insurance in case the Oden experiment doesn't work out. Indy's biggest advantage over the Heat is in the paint, so anything that keeps Miami from improving in the paint is a win for Indy.

Worst case, Bynum continues to be Bynum and Indy parks him on the end of the bench or cuts him after it's too late for the Heat to sign him. Still a win because Miami didn't get him.

Best case, being on a contender again motivates him and he actually plays well.

In either case, it helps Indy.

Agreed. And it can be seen as a defensive move as well to keep him off other rosters of contenders. Oh wait, there are no other contenders in the East.

Yeah, good move.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in the camp of the posters that suggest this is a stupid move. Bynum is playing old white guys with money for easy money. He has no intent of focusing on anything other than weed. If some idiot owner is even considering bring this guy into a franchise, then P.T. Barnum is still right: There is a sucker born every minute. Play basketball?? Focus? Practice? Hell the dude can barely walk.