• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: PAC12 CCG: Oregon vs Arizona

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona hasn't seen a healthy Oregon Duck offensive line this year. ALWAYS tough to beat the same twice in one year. Zona QB aint where he was at the start of the year versus one week from now.

Oregon rolls.

Ya it's gonna be more of a challenge for sure but we've beat Oregon twice in a row now and I think we can do it again. Jeff Casteels defense matches up well against Oregons offense. This will give us at least a punchers chance of winning. That and a whole lot of confidence from our players going into this game.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me this can't be what Oregon wanted. If I were a Duck fan this is the last thing I would want. It's not about pride or validation or revenge, it's about getting to the playoffs anyway you can. It's also about match ups and Arizona matches up extremely well with Oregon. I was at last night's game in Tucson. They owned ASU. It was not as close as the score. I don't have anything against Oregon. I think they are a formidable team and I want the PAC represented in the playoffs, but if I were still a betting man, I would be throwing down on U of A on the money line for sure. I think they win outright (yet again) on a neutral field this time. I sure as hell hope it doesn't happen. As an ASU grad I do not like U of Gay or that shithouse, dirty town they reside in. Should be a great game, but I give the edge to U of A.

very well said, and IMO you are right. we don't match up great and the game worries me. but as a fan, this is what I want. :suds:

If Zona is the team that beat the Ducks and are perceived to be the best, any fan with pride wants to beat them.

If Oregon is to be good and lucky enough to win it all, I want them to leave no doubts. That starts with beating a team that already beat them. Then hopefully the path goes through FSU and Bama .

To be the champ, you gotta beat the champ(s)

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I still can't believe that we won the south. I know oregon expects to win the Pac every year but the fact that we won our division speaks volumes to how far our program has come under Rich Rod. It just feels good to be relevant in football and not just basketball. I can't wait to play oregon to win the pac 12 outright. If we want to be crowned the champs, the road goes through oregon. Should be a fun one.

:suds:

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Zona is the team that beat the Ducks and are perceived to be the best, any fan with pride wants to beat them.

If Oregon is to be good and lucky enough to win it all, I want them to leave no doubts. That starts with beating a team that already beat them. Then hopefully the path goes through FSU and Bama .

To be the champ, you gotta beat the champ(s)

Well if Oregon does win and does happen to get matched up with FSU in the semifinal, I think the Ducks will hand it to them good. Unlike FSU, Oregon plays a real schedule and FSU struggles to run, struggles often times to block, and struggles along their front seven on defense. They have issues.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me this can't be what Oregon wanted. If I were a Duck fan this is the last thing I would want. It's not about pride or validation or revenge, it's about getting to the playoffs anyway you can. It's also about match ups and Arizona matches up extremely well with Oregon. I was at last night's game in Tucson. They owned ASU. It was not as close as the score. I don't have anything against Oregon. I think they are a formidable team and I want the PAC represented in the playoffs, but if I were still a betting man, I would be throwing down on U of A on the money line for sure. I think they win outright (yet again) on a neutral field this time. I sure as hell hope it doesn't happen. As an ASU grad I do not like U of Gay or that shithouse, dirty town they reside in. Should be a great game, but I give the edge to U of A.

Typical ASU "grad" as soon as you receive that "diploma" you cut ties with the university and start rooting for another school.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona hasn't seen a healthy Oregon Duck offensive line this year. ALWAYS tough to beat the same twice in one year. Zona QB aint where he was at the start of the year versus one week from now.

Oregon rolls.

I'm not sure I understand the logic on this one. Anu is a freshman, straight up. For the first game, it was the first time he had ever played a ranked team, let alone doing so on the road, and with a team that he was still trying to develop chemistry with. Since landing in Eugene he has led the Cats to wins against 3 ranked teams, and two of those on the road. He has also faced down his ranked rival in a dogfight with an injured ankle. Anu is growing by leaps and bounds every game. He doesn't feel pressure because he know enough to let it get to him.

If you want to say that his ankle might be a little tender still, then I can get behind that. But saying that a freshman QB whose only game experiences at that point were against UNLV, UTSA, Nevada, and Cal "ain't where he was at the beginning of the year versus one week from now" then I agree, but not how you mean it. He is so far beyond where he was to start the season. Since flying into Eugene, he has played Oregon, USC, UCLA, WSU, Colorado, UW, Utah, and ASU. He has done his job to beat everyone this year but UCLA. "At the beginning of the year", he hadn't played a single team that is guaranteed a bowl. Since then, he has played 6 teams that have won 7 games or more. He has led AZ to win the South 'ship, and take the T-Cup.

He's still a freshman, so I'm not saying he can even sniff Mariota, but September Anu doesn't hold a candle to December Anu.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I applied for ASU but the coloring book portion just got a bit extensive and the maze was tough but I pulled it off somehow.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I understand the logic on this one. Anu is a freshman, straight up. For the first game, it was the first time he had ever played a ranked team, let alone doing so on the road, and with a team that he was still trying to develop chemistry with. Since landing in Eugene he has led the Cats to wins against 3 ranked teams, and two of those on the road. He has also faced down his ranked rival in a dogfight with an injured ankle. Anu is growing by leaps and bounds every game. He doesn't feel pressure because he know enough to let it get to him.

If you want to say that his ankle might be a little tender still, then I can get behind that. But saying that a freshman QB whose only game experiences at that point were against UNLV, UTSA, Nevada, and Cal "ain't where he was at the beginning of the year versus one week from now" then I agree, but not how you mean it. He is so far beyond where he was to start the season. Since flying into Eugene, he has played Oregon, USC, UCLA, WSU, Colorado, UW, Utah, and ASU. He has done his job to beat everyone this year but UCLA. "At the beginning of the year", he hadn't played a single team that is guaranteed a bowl. Since then, he has played 6 teams that have won 7 games or more. He has led AZ to win the South 'ship, and take the T-Cup.

He's still a freshman, so I'm not saying he can even sniff Mariota, but September Anu doesn't hold a candle to December Anu.

What about Nov 1st Anu?

30 incompletions.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Nov 1st Anu?

30 incompletions.

What about it? And he only had 6 incomplete passes yesterday. I would say that his performance against UCLA on the road wasn't as bad as 25 incompletions at home against UTSA.

I guess I don't understand what your point is. Do you really think that Anu after his first four games against very weak competition is better than Anu after wins against 6 bowl teams, 3 ranked, and 2 on the road since then?

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Oregon does win and does happen to get matched up with FSU in the semifinal, I think the Ducks will hand it to them good. Unlike FSU, Oregon plays a real schedule and FSU struggles to run, struggles often times to block, and struggles along their front seven on defense. They have issues.

Yeah, but they do have this:

1419598580_Fan_Art__Robot_Devil_by_dover19_xlarge.jpeg

dealwdevil001.png

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical ASU "grad" as soon as you receive that "diploma" you cut ties with the university and start rooting for another school.

The W.P. Carey school of business was top 20 for public universities. I'm not sure if that's still the case, but I do know if you don't have at least a 3.6 or so your first couple years of college, you shouldn't even bother applying because you're not getting in. And don't act like U of A is some fine institution of higher learning either because it's far from it.

And yeah I have season tickets to ASU and I want to see them do well. But I was born and raised in Boise and we had season tickets and also travelled to most of their road games while I was growing up. I'm a Boise fan first, second, and third. I'm not the kind of guy who lists three different "favorite" teams. No matter how good or bad Boise is or what conference they are affiliated with, they will always be my team. Nothing will ever change that.

Congrats on your Territorial Cup win. I said before that I was there and U of A controlled that game. They deserved to win. We'll see how the PAC 12 CG goes. I expect an incredible game, can't wait to watch it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U of Alcoholics living up to it's rep. WR Samajie Grant cited for DUI on friday night. Won't be starting for the PAC CG. No word if he'll be suspended entire game or just 1Q or 2.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
na I agree, the south is a good division but... you have already beaten Oregon, did they somehow become better? I don't think it proves much if you do it again. This is one of the big draw backs to the ccg format imo. Zona shouldn't have to play the Ducks AGAIN, once was enough imo.

LOL. How would you do it, flip a coin? Duck fans been begging for this rematch.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U of Alcoholics living up to it's rep. WR Samajie Grant cited for DUI on friday night. Won't be starting for the PAC CG. No word if he'll be suspended entire game or just 1Q or 2.

Why would he be suspended? Maybe after the bowl game. Nah.