• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: PAC12 CCG: Oregon vs Arizona

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking about how different things would look right now if we didn't miss that damn FG against USC.

This could've been two top 5 teams playing for the Ship.

If only. (a tear drops from the right eye)

lmao. Wanna talk about missed fgs, missed blocks, "runner wasn't down" , and near miss heartbreaks?

Ducks fans have a few stories to share. Not to mention an unsportsmanlike penalty from this season, which as it turns out didn't impact anything in the long run... But hey, no team's fans better to talk about near NC misses than Oregon.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's hilarious when other fans think that a few posters being confident on SportsHoopla = the actual coaching staff and players are overlooking their next opponent. What we say/think has absolutely zero impact on the actual game. I'm sure Oregon damn well knows the game against ORST is a must-win for them to stay alive for a playoff spot. That's all the motivation they should need.

I've never understood that whole "I hope your team is taking them as lightly as you are" nonsense.

It's comical. The tiny fraction of fans tend to represent an entire fanbase on msg boards sometimes also.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao. Wanna talk about missed fgs, missed blocks, "runner wasn't down" , and near miss heartbreaks?

Ducks fans have a few stories to share. Not to mention an unsportsmanlike penalty from this season, which as it turns out didn't impact anything in the long run... But hey, no team's fans better to talk about near NC misses than Oregon.

Hey man, look at my favorite teams. They can all relate to Oregon when it comes to heartbreak and title dreams being crushed. :bawling::suds:

But at the end of the day it'll make it that much sweeter when our teams actually do win. Some fans are spoiled bastards.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's hilarious when other fans think that a few posters being confident on SportsHoopla = the actual coaching staff and players are overlooking their next opponent. What we say/think has absolutely zero impact on the actual game. I'm sure Oregon damn well knows the game against ORST is a must-win for them to stay alive for a playoff spot. That's all the motivation they should need.

I've never understood that whole "I hope your team is taking them as lightly as you are" nonsense.

I didn't say I think the actual coaching staff and players are overlooking their next opponent... And you know that because you acknowledged it in the last line of that little rant.

Just commenting on the overconfidence of Duck fans (or fan, sorry for lumping you in Mr.Hockey) when their teams blown it in a similar situation in recent past.

I'm allowed to hope. You'll get over it.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say I think the actual coaching staff and players are overlooking their next opponent... And you know that because you acknowledged it in the last line of that little rant.

Just commenting on the overconfidence of Duck fans (or fan, sorry for lumping you in Mr.Hockey) when their teams blown it in a similar situation in recent past.

I wasn't referring solely to you, sir. A couple others on this thread posted something similar so it was just in general. I have seen many folks post things like that and it's just meh to me. :noidea:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cry moar Fusky. I lol that my confidence in the Ducks has you rattled.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think his comment more referred to someone like hornetstampede who made a way out in left field assumption.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cry moar Fusky. I lol that my confidence in the Ducks has you rattled.

I know you live in your own little world, but rattled isn't the word. I actually like how confident you are. There's a fine line between "This is what I wanted, Oregon's gonna win, bookmarkit," and Helfrich just can't keep them at the same level as Kelly, we had a good run, not bad for little 'ol Oregon" for your bipolar ass.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you live in your own little world, but rattled isn't the word. I actually like how confident you are. There's a fine line between "This is what I wanted, Oregon's gonna win, bookmarkit," and Helfrich just can't keep them at the same level as Kelly, we had a good run, not bad for little 'ol Oregon" for your bipolar ass.

Bipolar or giving u all hope (although false as it was) that you Fuskies obviously so desperately desired....

Makes this all the sweeter. I fed into and through gasoline on the fire that y'all created. Narrative was Oregon was dead and buried after Chip left. What better time to offer my doom and gloom persona after losing to Zona for a second straight time?

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Tejas fan that can stand new kids sitting at the blue blood table .

The last two vs Tejas isn't sitting well with them and neither is the Ducks last handful of games vs the big12 conference. They told us K State would kill Oregon and the game was over in 7 seconds.

I think he's also butt hurt that Oregon is pulling good recruits out of Texass. Them boys is supposed to stay in state!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh considering most good teams typically improve as a year goes on...yes "somehow" they got better. As did Arizona most likely as well. WTF?

As for the bolded part, again WTF? Are you drunk? What do you mean they shouldn't have to? That is how sports are

Seriously, I have read a lot of stupid but saying a rematch is "unnecessary" is at the top of the list. I will never even come close to knowing what the shit your reasoning is.

well hell, why don't we just make it a freggin 7 game series then since "that's how sports are". This aint MLB or the NBA.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very difficult to beat the same team twice in one season.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me this can't be what Oregon wanted. If I were a Duck fan this is the last thing I would want. It's not about pride or validation or revenge, it's about getting to the playoffs anyway you can. It's also about match ups and Arizona matches up extremely well with Oregon. I was at last night's game in Tucson. They owned ASU. It was not as close as the score. I don't have anything against Oregon. I think they are a formidable team and I want the PAC represented in the playoffs, but if I were still a betting man, I would be throwing down on U of A on the money line for sure. I think they win outright (yet again) on a neutral field this time. I sure as hell hope it doesn't happen. As an ASU grad I do not like U of Gay or that shithouse, dirty town they reside in. Should be a great game, but I give the edge to U of A.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me this can't be what Oregon wanted. If I were a Duck fan this is the last thing I would want. It's not about pride or validation or revenge, it's about getting to the playoffs anyway you can. It's also about match ups and Arizona matches up extremely well with Oregon. I was at last night's game in Tucson. They owned ASU. It was not as close as the score. I don't have anything against Oregon. I think they are a formidable team and I want the PAC represented in the playoffs, but if I were still a betting man, I would be throwing down on U of A on the money line for sure. I think they win outright (yet again) on a neutral field this time. I sure as hell hope it doesn't happen. As an ASU grad I do not like U of Gay or that shithouse, dirty town they reside in. Should be a great game, but I give the edge to U of A.

very well said, and IMO you are right. we don't match up great and the game worries me. but as a fan, this is what I want. :suds:

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well hell, why don't we just make it a freggin 7 game series then since "that's how sports are". This aint MLB or the NBA.

To answer your previous question Oregon was missing the top THREE offensive tackles in the WSU and UA games. They have since gotten the two that started the season back. I'd be willing to bet that the game would've been much different if they had had those two the first time the two teams met. Also, as was seen in the NCG a couple years back just because two teams met earlier in the season doesn't mean the outcome of the second game is determined.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Ducks damn it!!!

They are healthier now than they were the previous time they played them. That should help.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I still can't believe that we won the south. I know oregon expects to win the Pac every year but the fact that we won our division speaks volumes to how far our program has come under Rich Rod. It just feels good to be relevant in football and not just basketball. I can't wait to play oregon to win the pac 12 outright. If we want to be crowned the champs, the road goes through oregon. Should be a fun one.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona hasn't seen a healthy Oregon Duck offensive line this year. ALWAYS tough to beat the same twice in one year. Zona QB aint where he was at the start of the year versus one week from now.

Oregon rolls.