• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC trying to hike its skirt for some money

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there enough viewership demand for this? Sounds like buying a pig in a poke to me unless I'm missing something.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one do not like Apple products. I am not an iphone ipad person and have no desire to add apple tv. Larry Scott is an idiot.
Not every carrier has Pac12 network so now he is working on a deal that would isolate more fans?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there enough viewership demand for this? Sounds like buying a pig in a poke to me unless I'm missing something.
I think Apple knows they arent getting USC v Oregon or Utah vs Washigton but rather would have UCLA vs Oregon State

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow, Larry Scott is in negotiations with America On-Line and MySpace.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Scott needs to be put adrift in the Pacific Ocean. Dudes a tool who sold the powers that be in the conference a load of shit because he was the man who presided over Serena Williams becoming a star.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Scott needs to be put adrift in the Pacific Ocean. Dudes a tool who sold the powers that be in the conference a load of shit because he was the man who presided over Serena Williams becoming a star.
I saw Serena Williams in a Law & Order cameo appearance from the early 00's last week. That's more than I saw of Pac Football on the Pac Network this year. :D

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Apple knows they arent getting USC v Oregon or Utah vs Washigton but rather would have UCLA vs Oregon State

You may be correct but we thought the same thing when we (Big12) struck the deal with ESPN+ but then Okie State and ..KState? IIRC (it was a good matchup that should have been on the main networks) got stuck on there, it was a disaster and now for hoops BOTH WVU/KU games are on it as well which is B12 getting screwed by ESPN imo so.. depending on how many eyeballs they want, it may well involve some of the better match ups.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be correct but we thought the same thing when we (Big12) struck the deal with ESPN+ but then Okie State and ..KState? IIRC (it was a good matchup that should have been on the main networks) got stuck on there, it was a disaster and now for hoops BOTH WVU/KU games are on it as well which is B12 getting screwed by ESPN imo so.. depending on how many eyeballs they want, it may well involve some of the better match ups.
KU @ Iowa State is on ESPN+ too. Just a terrible business decision by the Big Xii Conference. I suppose I'll just listen on the radio. Never, ever going to pay to stream as my primary sports package.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been pimping this deal for about a year and I've been arguing that Apple should bite. I think they can add multiple years to the deal in negotiations and they should also go after the regional sports networks Disney had to dump as part of buying FOX.

Sports are going to be an important carrot to the streaming market. Just imagine if they lock the PAC down now and steal the SEC package from CBS in 2024.

If they acquire Sling with their live TV streaming and the above exclusive sports programming they immediately become a major player in the streaming market.

It's a better investment than Amazon paying half a billion for Lords of The Rings shows.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fucking this. We assumed "Hey this guy sold women's fucking tennis. He must be a killer". We were wrong. He had a star and he marketed that star. That's it. He can only sell the sure thing. Everyone can sell the sure thing.

Time to go.