• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@socaljim242

Saw an article yesterday where USCs coaching staff was saying that the team ''has a long way to go to get to where they need to be''. I found that to be a bit refreshing after Heltons constant sunshine pumping only to end up with teams that were average at best.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@socaljim242

Saw an article yesterday where USCs coaching staff was saying that the team ''has a long way to go to get to where they need to be''. I found that to be a bit refreshing after Heltons constant sunshine pumping only to end up with teams that were average at best.
Lol. My brother loved calling Clay a sunshine pumper. This is a good sign for sure. No way with all new coaches a bunch of new players that they are close to anywhere they gotta be.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. My brother loved calling Clay a sunshine pumper. This is a good sign for sure. No way with all new coaches a bunch of new players that they are close to anywhere they gotta be.

Yeah, I like that they told the truth. Nothing wrong with being a "sunshine pumper" if you are an assistant coach or if you are a head coach who mixes in some truth with the sunshine.

As much as I defended him for a few years, I never liked that part of his coaching style. Hearing him talking about a game where I was questioning if he coached the same team that I just watched, got old.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I like that they told the truth. Nothing wrong with being a "sunshine pumper" if you are an assistant coach or if you are a head coach who mixes in some truth with the sunshine.

As much as I defended him for a few years, I never liked that part of his coaching style. Hearing him talking about a game where I was questioning if he coached the same team that I just watched, got old.
Lol. My brother would throw up in his mouth every time after a bad loss clay would say we got to look at the tape when the reporters ask him what happened.
Good guy but over his head coaching at that level

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. My brother would throw up in his mouth every time after a bad loss clay would say we got to look at the tape when the reporters ask him what happened.
Good guy but over his head coaching at that level

No doubt. I have yet to come across a single person that had a negative thing to say about him as a person and the kids loved the guy.

I think that's why he lasted as long as he did. He's such a good guy folks kept hoping something would click and he'd become a great coach.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. I have yet to come across a single person that had a negative thing to say about him as a person and the kids loved the guy.

I think that's why he lasted as long as he did. He's such a good guy folks kept hoping something would click and he'd become a great coach.
You either have it or you don't. He was exactly what he was the first couple seasons. Giving him more time was a mistake in hindsight. I think the fact that he wasn't a clown show like Kiffen and Sark made him millions of dollars.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You either have it or you don't. He was exactly what he was the first couple seasons. Giving him more time was a mistake in hindsight. I think the fact that he wasn't a clown show like Kiffen and Sark made him millions of dollars.

Yeah, the program needed an adult in charge and Helton definitely gave them that. He never should have been given that extension.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU Freshman AA Eric Gentry (who is going to be really, really good) entered the transfer portal, along with leading receiver Ricky Pearsall. Apparently it's NIL related. They haven't left yet but Gentry especially I'd expect to get some pretty serious money offers.

At this point I'm pretty inured to it.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it's basically a raid on ASU's roster by teams with NIL money. Jermayne Lole, who missed the season but was a preseason All American and one of the best DT's in the country, has entered the portal. People seem to think USC is going to give him a bunch of money and he'll follow Gentry.

His likely backup or the other starting DT also entered the portal. They haven't been recruiting. I don't know what the roster is even going to look like. We've lost the starting QB, RB, a freshman AA linebacker, an AA candidate DT, WR1 and who knows what else (something like 15 people since November). A lot of it's NIL.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @Ducksfans and their Spring National Championship.

Do people really give a shit about how many folks show up for a Spring game?

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @Ducksfans and their Spring National Championship.

Do people really give a shit about how many folks show up for a Spring game?
In the SEC they do, hence the performance on the field in the fall. PAC 12 teams will never compete with backseat passion.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the SEC they do, hence the performance on the field in the fall. PAC 12 teams will never compete with backseat passion.

Really? You think that actually translates?

They go to the Spring games in the South because there isn't shit else to do.

The Spring game attendance under Pete Carroll was less than this most recent Spring game and they seemed to do okay.

Do you get a trophy for your Spring game natty?

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You think that actually translates?

They go to the Spring games in the South because there isn't shit else to do.

The Spring game attendance under Pete Carroll was less than this most recent Spring game and they seemed to do okay.

Do you get a trophy for your Spring game natty?
See you don’t get it. It’s passion for the program. There is plenty of stuff to do wherever you live.