• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's usc's record vs oregon the past 15 years?
Yeah thats how people with actual football programs shit talk to each other. LOL. When it's real its how many National Championships has the school won. Oregon would be at the kids table.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah thats how people with actual football programs shit talk to each other. LOL. When it's real its how many National Championships has the school won. Oregon would be at the kids table.

How many NCs has USC won in the past 15 years?

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bought him how?

You talk about a kid from Pennsylvania suddenly deciding he wanted to play at USC his whole life. You're telling me that same kid, a linebacker playing in the shadow of ''Linebacker U'' wanted to play for ASU his whole life? What was he promised? What did Herm give him to leave Pennsylvania and travel all the way to the desert? Is his recruiting part of why your program is hemorrhaging coaches? Why the NCAA is bringing a hammer to it?

USC is a fairly well known college football program and when they're good, kids want to play there. But they were going through some down years because of crappy coaching and didn't get some of the kids they targeted because of it. You don't think that at least some of the kids transferring to USC might be kids who would have chosen USC in the first place, but didn't because of the lousy coaches?

As I said, ASUs wounds are self inflicted. You've got 14 kids hitting the portal, USC landed 1 so far, but somehow, USC is the problem?

Not justifying anything because of the helmet. USC has also lost players in the portal. Additionally, USC not having a ''collective of boosters'' setting up NIL deals as many other schools have, has cost them at least 1 recruit.

Why aren't you crying about Texas? They have a collective of boosters who guarantee $50k for o-linemen. USC doesn't have anything like that. Oh yeah, Texas hasn't signed anyone leaving your sinking ship yet.

Why aren't you crying about Ole Miss? They actually have benefitted from the transfer portal more than any other program and as of the start of spring practice, was rated the #1 portal recruiting school. Kiffin even sent out a hilarious tweet about it.

I'm not a fan of NIL. At least not the current iteration. I agree with what Lincoln Riley has said...that some changes need to be made and he believes that will happen.

I have always thought players should be paid something, but couldn't see a way to do it that didn't turn into the wild, wild west. But, the rules changed and teams are built differently now. I expected USC to adjust to the new rules and operate within them. So far, they have. So, it ''feels'' fine.

USC has lost their fair share of players to the transfer portal, has lost at least 1 player because they haven't pushed NIL as far as many other schools, but somehow...they're the problem.

As I said before, don't try and pretend that if ASU wasn't looking at NCAA issues, they wouldn't be doing the same thing and you wouldn't be celebrating it.

You wanna be mad and throw blame...throw it at Herm and whoever got your program in trouble. USC had nothing to do with it.
I am mad and frustrated, and you're probably right that it's getting to me. There was a part of me, I guess, that felt like USC might stay above messing with their "fallen compatriots" rosters because they'd been there a decade ago over similar bullshit with the NCAA. Obviously that's not the case or something I should realistically expect.

But it's going to be really fucking stupid watching Jermayne Lole, who was already an All American candidate, and Eric Gentry, who I believe we were the only significant P5 offer for, wind up calling USC their alma mater on Sundays. Those are the two in the portal who hurt the most, and they're both probably going to USC from what it sounds like unless ASU can package up a pile for Lole. The speculation from ASU insiders and journalists was Gentry got a few hundred K and Lole might get as much. I'm not sure we have the money bags to compete with people staying away from the program while it has the NCAA stuff lingering.

And it bothers me that we have to compete to keep our own people.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Yeah, it really seems to be hurting USC.

Tell us, how many Natty's has Oregon won with all of that "Spring game passion"?
At least Oregon has made it to a national championship game in the CFP era (even if it was way back in 2014). USC hasn't been close to even sniffing the playoffs.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about Gentry still. He's from PA. Your team just straight up bought our linebacker. It sounds like you're doing the same to the DT. It'd be one thing and I could tolerate it a bit better if we at least didn't have to play them.

The Pitt WR is their problem and more understandable from his perspective. Still, is this the CFB you want or are you just justifying it because of the helmet?

Tell me if feels good collecting other teams' players instead of building something. At least when Pete made a monster, he did it largely internally.
Pete did it with lots of booster cash to his top players. That's why he got out of Dodge before the hammer fell. He was a very good coach & a very likeable fellow. He might still be in the college game if his players hadn't been getting NIL-type money before it became legal.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete did it with lots of booster cash to his top players. That's why he got out of Dodge before the hammer fell.

lol

The NCAA would like to see your evidence because they investigated for 5 years and found nothing but what the Bush family did.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So question. Since the conference is essentially getting rid of divisions does Stanford and Cal quit getting special treatment when it comes to scheduling UCLA and SC? I get Stanford is a SC “rival” but at what point does Cal and Stanford not having any fans eliminate it’s rivalry status.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attendance helps with revenue that helps teams recruit. But I listed this due to the call out of attendance in the earlier post
You ever hear a player pick Alabama because of attendance? Ohio State? Michigan (maybe) . You think with how NIL works they are getting players because of attendance or because of alums ponying up cash? USC had a coaching problem not an attendance problem. A well coached team brings fans not the other way around

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever hear a player pick Alabama because of attendance? Ohio State? Michigan (maybe) . You think with how NIL works they are getting players because of attendance or because of alums ponying up cash? USC had a coaching problem not an attendance problem. A well coached team brings fans not the other way around
B162B0FD-A4E8-428D-B0DB-DEEACBE0DF10.png

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So question. Since the conference is essentially getting rid of divisions does Stanford and Cal quit getting special treatment when it comes to scheduling UCLA and SC? I get Stanford is a SC “rival” but at what point does Cal and Stanford not having any fans eliminate it’s rivalry status.

The California 4 are going to continue to play each other. I'm guessing the PAC 12 will move to 4 team pods for scheduling purposes.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The California 4 are going to continue to play each other. I'm guessing the PAC 12 will move to 4 team pods for scheduling purposes.
Sure but a pod system is very stupid for a 12 team conference. Let alone it isn’t as lucrative for the next contract if the conference wants to maximize a tv deal. How does not have Oregon and SC not play every year appeal to Mickey Mouse. Fox had a shit load of money but the conference squandered that one already.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but a pod system is very stupid for a 12 team conference. Let alone it isn’t as lucrative for the next contract if the conference wants to maximize a tv deal. How does not have Oregon and SC not play every year appeal to Mickey Mouse. Fox had a shit load of money but the conference squandered that one already.

I'm not sure what the other options would be. Stanford, USC, UCLA and Cal made it very clear that they will continue to play each other every year. If the PAC 12 is really trying to maximize it's next TV deal, it needs to kick out it's 2 or 3 least valuable members and play a round robin schedule.