• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See you don’t get it. It’s passion for the program. There is plenty of stuff to do wherever you live.

Recruits have specifically cited that lack of interest in college football in Los Angeles as one of the reasons they chose to play in the SEC instead of USC or UCLA.

LA residents can claim they have "better things to do" but that's just a rationalization for the lack of interest

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruits have specifically cited that lack of interest in college football in Los Angeles as one of the reasons they chose to play in the SEC instead of USC or UCLA.

LA residents can claim they have "better things to do" but that's just a rationalization for the lack of interest

lol

Yeah, it really seems to be hurting USC.

Tell us, how many Natty's has Oregon won with all of that "Spring game passion"?

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Tell us, how many Natty's has Oregon won with all of that "Spring game passion"?
Closer than any PAC team in the playoff era. Obviously it takes a lot of parts to compete at that level. Passion for the program is one of them.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

the lack of enthusiasm has certainly hurt USC. They have severely underachieved the last decade given their resources and recruiting grounds. Recruits have literally cited the lack of interest in USC football as a reason for leaving LA. They’ve gone to the SEC and Ohio State where fans are more passionate.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the lack of enthusiasm has certainly hurt USC. They have severely underachieved the last decade given their resources and recruiting grounds. Recruits have literally cited the lack of interest in USC football as a reason for leaving LA. They’ve gone to the SEC and Ohio State where fans are more passionate.
lol

Suuuuure it has. The lack of coaching is what has hurt USC.

There used to be fewer people at USC Spring games when Pete Carroll was running things than they got at this last one.

"Enthusiasm" never seemed to be an issue. Getting top recruits....also never an issue.

It's a real simple equation at USC. High quality coach brings in high quality recruits, everyone gets "enthusiastic" and shows up for the games that actually count.

But please, continue to lecture USC fans about "enthusiasm" for the program...it's very entertaining.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess USC fans have other things to do while attending a game.
7A080747-A40B-4090-B1E3-B98EA9095F2A.jpeg

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @Ducks fans and their National Championship in Springtime Enthusiasm.

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @Ducks fans and their National Championship in Springtime Enthusiasm.

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal
I forgot how annoying USC fans get when they're confident.

Normally we'd be in position to foil but we're on fire and actively looking for a gasoline tanker to crawl into. Still... Chill. Talk after you win.

And your coaches were TERRIBLE the last few years compared to others. Not all of them obviously, but in general? ASU is getting poached because we were good at talent evaluation, development and made the program vulnerable, and it's a joke that boosters are reaching out to players in other programs so they have a whole set up NIL offer before they even join the portal. Gentry was legit tampered. I assume Lole was too. The Pitt guy looks like tampering too, but we're in the wild west now.

Maybe the rules don't matter anymore, but your dudes are really making this "unfun". Though you're by no means the only ones.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot how annoying USC fans get when they're confident.

lol

The Ducks started it.

Normally we'd be in position to foil but we're on fire and actively looking for a gasoline tanker to crawl into.

It sucks that this is going on there. Most of my family are ASU fans, so I pretty much pull for them when they're not playing USC. Much rather see you guys do well than those damn Bruins. lol

And your coaches were TERRIBLE the last few years compared to others.

Preaching to the choir. Helton started out okay and was a grown up in charge of the program when we needed one. Especially after the frat boys Kiffin and Sark. But he never grew into the job and couldn't hire decent assistants to save his life.
Gentry was legit tampered. I assume Lole was too. The Pitt guy looks like tampering too, but we're in the wild west now.

It depends on who contacted them. A coach can't contact a player until he's in the portal, but players can talk all they want. From what has been said, it looks like Caleb Williams was the one who contacted Addison. So as long as it's players contacting each other, it's not tampering.

Having said that...I have no doubt that coaches all over the country have told their players..."If you know anyone who can help us..."

Maybe the rules don't matter anymore, but your dudes are really making this "unfun". Though you're by no means the only ones.

Sounds like whining here. I hate seeing what's happening to ASU, but your wounds are largely self inflicted. If ASU or any other program has evidence of USC or anyone else "legit tampering", they should present it to the NCAA.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We just have a different expectations if you're going to get our time and money. We don't have to go see you play if you're not putting out a good product. I have plenty of friends ( my brother too) that declined season tickets until USC got rid of Clay-dough.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's usc's record vs oregon the past 15 years?

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

The Ducks started it.

It sucks that this is going on there. Most of my family are ASU fans, so I pretty much pull for them when they're not playing USC. Much rather see you guys do well than those damn Bruins. lol

Preaching to the choir. Helton started out okay and was a grown up in charge of the program when we needed one. Especially after the frat boys Kiffin and Sark. But he never grew into the job and couldn't hire decent assistants to save his life.

It depends on who contacted them. A coach can't contact a player until he's in the portal, but players can talk all they want. From what has been said, it looks like Caleb Williams was the one who contacted Addison. So as long as it's players contacting each other, it's not tampering.

Having said that...I have no doubt that coaches all over the country have told their players..."If you know anyone who can help us..."

Sounds like whining here. I hate seeing what's happening to ASU, but your wounds are largely self inflicted. If ASU or any other program has evidence of USC or anyone else "legit tampering", they should present it to the NCAA.
The presumption is that it's not coaches doing it. It's coaches maybe kinda sorta once in a while talking to a booster group who just happens to reach out to players, and since all they want want to do is just advertise... Free for all. Can we not pretend it's not legalized bag men?

Why the fuck did a freshman All American in line for a huge role at his original choice just decide to go to cross division school? Some kid from Pennsylvania just suddenly, abruptly realized he really, really wanted to play for USC all this time? Why did Lole word it way the way he did? He "hopes to remain at ASU?" That's a "pay me" threat if I ever heard one.

Your team is using boosters and NIL to buy other team's players. But hey, it's legal so fuck it, right? To be clear, I'm not mad at you or USC. Just the lack of legislation and jurisdiction when this train was coming down the line for years. It's really bad for the sport we used to have and love. It's a shit system now that really sucks for the other teams. At least we're trying on NIL finally, but we lost a lot of ground because we're under suspicion from the NCAA for some plane tickets that happened a few months before outright free agency, so we look like we're in trouble.

Our starting QB, RB, top 2 WRs, top DT, backup DT and a freshman superstar LB off the top of my head have all gone NIL hunting. It's not fucking cool. We aren't talking recruits. We're talking developed players just leaving for money.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The presumption is that it's not coaches doing it. It's coaches maybe kinda sorta once in a while talking to a booster group who just happens to reach out to players, and since all they want want to do is just advertise... Free for all. Can we not pretend it's not legalized bag men?

Its absolutely legalized bag men.

Why the fuck did a freshman All American in line for a huge role at his original choice just decide to go to cross division school?

If you're referring to Gentry, your program is hemorrhaging coaches, the NCAA is expected to be coming with a hammer and I read today that you guys have something like 14 players that have hit the portal or are expected to. Meanwhile, the cross division school has hired one of the top coaches in college football and is creating a lot of excitement around the program...even without NIL kids would be looking to get out. A kid like Gentry will play a big role wherever he goes.

Some kid from Pennsylvania just suddenly, abruptly realized he really, really wanted to play for USC all this time?

I guess you missed the part where Caleb Williams was the one who contacted him. The quarterback who was throwing to him all of last season has graduated and a quarterback, who many are saying could win the Heisman, contacts him and asks him to consider joining his team...and he's just expected to say no? Even without NIL, he would be crazy not give it some serious thought. Btw, he hasn't made a decision yet and based on what I read today, it looks like he will take his time. He has apparently been contacted by several schools.

Your team is using boosters and NIL to buy other team's players. But hey, it's legal so fuck it, right? To be clear, I'm not mad at you or USC. Just the lack of legislation and jurisdiction when this train was coming down the line for years. It's really bad for the sport we used to have and love. It's a shit system now that really sucks for the other teams. At least we're trying on NIL finally, but we lost a lot of ground because we're under suspicion from the NCAA for some plane tickets that happened a few months before outright free agency, so we look like we're in trouble.

lol

You need to get over yourself. If ASU wasn't looking at being hammered by the NCAA and was killing it in the transfer portal and NIL deals, you wouldn't be bitching about it, you'd be happy. Let's not pretend Herm wouldn't be using his NFL experience and connections to help with NIL.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @Ducks thinking football was invented 15 years ago...

and they wonder why every other fan base mocks them.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its absolutely legalized bag men.

If you're referring to Gentry, your program is hemorrhaging coaches, the NCAA is expected to be coming with a hammer and I read today that you guys have something like 14 players that have hit the portal or are expected to. Meanwhile, the cross division school has hired one of the top coaches in college football and is creating a lot of excitement around the program...even without NIL kids would be looking to get out. A kid like Gentry will play a big role wherever he goes.

I guess you missed the part where Caleb Williams was the one who contacted him. The quarterback who was throwing to him all of last season has graduated and a quarterback, who many are saying could win the Heisman, contacts him and asks him to consider joining his team...and he's just expected to say no? Even without NIL, he would be crazy not give it some serious thought. Btw, he hasn't made a decision yet and based on what I read today, it looks like he will take his time. He has apparently been contacted by several schools.

lol

You need to get over yourself. If ASU wasn't looking at being hammered by the NCAA and was killing it in the transfer portal and NIL deals, you wouldn't be bitching about it, you'd be happy. Let's not pretend Herm wouldn't be using his NFL experience and connections to help with NIL.
I was talking about Gentry still. He's from PA. Your team just straight up bought our linebacker. It sounds like you're doing the same to the DT. It'd be one thing and I could tolerate it a bit better if we at least didn't have to play them.

The Pitt WR is their problem and more understandable from his perspective. Still, is this the CFB you want or are you just justifying it because of the helmet?

Tell me if feels good collecting other teams' players instead of building something. At least when Pete made a monster, he did it largely internally.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about Gentry still. He's from PA. Your team just straight up bought our linebacker. It sounds like you're doing the same to the DT. It'd be one thing and I could tolerate it a bit better if we at least didn't have to play them.

Bought him how?

You talk about a kid from Pennsylvania suddenly deciding he wanted to play at USC his whole life. You're telling me that same kid, a linebacker playing in the shadow of ''Linebacker U'' wanted to play for ASU his whole life? What was he promised? What did Herm give him to leave Pennsylvania and travel all the way to the desert? Is his recruiting part of why your program is hemorrhaging coaches? Why the NCAA is bringing a hammer to it?

USC is a fairly well known college football program and when they're good, kids want to play there. But they were going through some down years because of crappy coaching and didn't get some of the kids they targeted because of it. You don't think that at least some of the kids transferring to USC might be kids who would have chosen USC in the first place, but didn't because of the lousy coaches?

As I said, ASUs wounds are self inflicted. You've got 14 kids hitting the portal, USC landed 1 so far, but somehow, USC is the problem?
The Pitt WR is their problem and more understandable from his perspective. Still, is this the CFB you want or are you just justifying it because of the helmet?

Not justifying anything because of the helmet. USC has also lost players in the portal. Additionally, USC not having a ''collective of boosters'' setting up NIL deals as many other schools have, has cost them at least 1 recruit.

Why aren't you crying about Texas? They have a collective of boosters who guarantee $50k for o-linemen. USC doesn't have anything like that. Oh yeah, Texas hasn't signed anyone leaving your sinking ship yet.

Why aren't you crying about Ole Miss? They actually have benefitted from the transfer portal more than any other program and as of the start of spring practice, was rated the #1 portal recruiting school. Kiffin even sent out a hilarious tweet about it.

Tell me if feels good collecting other teams' players instead of building something. At least when Pete made a monster, he did it largely internally.

I'm not a fan of NIL. At least not the current iteration. I agree with what Lincoln Riley has said...that some changes need to be made and he believes that will happen.

I have always thought players should be paid something, but couldn't see a way to do it that didn't turn into the wild, wild west. But, the rules changed and teams are built differently now. I expected USC to adjust to the new rules and operate within them. So far, they have. So, it ''feels'' fine.

USC has lost their fair share of players to the transfer portal, has lost at least 1 player because they haven't pushed NIL as far as many other schools, but somehow...they're the problem.

As I said before, don't try and pretend that if ASU wasn't looking at NCAA issues, they wouldn't be doing the same thing and you wouldn't be celebrating it.

You wanna be mad and throw blame...throw it at Herm and whoever got your program in trouble. USC had nothing to do with it.