• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is everyone’s take on the new hire. Looks good to me so far.

PSUTE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who it is. They have to perform. If he walked around in a clown costume but got the money rolling again, I wouldn't care.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who it is. They have to perform. If he walked around in a clown costume but got the money rolling again, I wouldn't care.
Biggest obstacle any person who fills in for commissioner is to bitch slap Cal and Stanford. Next obstacle is to somehow get rid of the PAC 12 Networks or get in bed with Amazon and right their coat tails with distribution of every game if those markets want the NFL. And finally, tell Fox and ESPN to pound sand. Either quit treating the conference like it is the MAC or don’t carry the games. FS1 and ESPN2 need to cut away from the programming they have that runs over. No one on the west coast should have to go to ESPNNews or FS2 to watch a west coast game.

Larry Scott was a terrible leader but his main problem was he was a terrible leader with way too expensive of taste. Hopefully this dude moves HQ to Vegas and get schools to focus on sports and quit pretending their revenue sports are full of kids who actually got into school because they met academic requirements.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s up with all the players leaving Washington for??????

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s up with all the players leaving Washington for??????

Jimmy Lake almost certain to be Pac-12's highest-paid assistant following  another raise, extension | The Seattle Times

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sun Devils Pre-season #15!!! #HermTrain

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one wants to talk about how much trouble ASU is in??????

Herm is done. Antonio Piece is done.

Jayden Daniels is a great QB though. As long as he's on their roster, they will be tough in 2021

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one wants to talk about how much trouble ASU is in??????
I still don’t get what the big deal is. It would truly be pathetic is ASU gets dinged but other programs have legitimately cheated.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don’t get what the big deal is. It would truly be pathetic is ASU gets dinged but other programs have legitimately cheated.

ASU is the most heavily penalized school in the NCAA. Not that the NCAA is light on any of the PAC schools but they really seem to love laying the penalties down on ASU.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU is the most heavily penalized school in the NCAA. Not that the NCAA is light on any of the PAC schools but they really seem to love laying the penalties down on ASU.
Sure, but this was a dumbass rule. If UNC can get off for a legit reason because of shenanigans then ASU should skate free.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ASU gets heavily penalized for doing what basically everyone else did, which was "arrange" meetings of coaches during unofficials, it will be pretty bull shit.

The biggest problem is some staff dudes are, or were, rats. And they didn't snitch on money bags, or car dealership jobs, or covering up assault cases. ASU tried to pretend to do normal operations and seems to have been caught because someone, and it seems ASU folks seem to think it was Mawae because he didn't want to recruit when he had the vacated OL job all but locked up, snitched. Mawae was all but promised the job and then somehow didn't get it.

Did ASU probably break the restrictions? Sure. But fuck, who wasn't making accidental meetings when 4 stars were touring their respective campuses? If Oregon, USC, UCLA, Utah, etc., let alone the big ones, weren't then they weren't trying. The SEC is still handing out cash grabs. ASU did nothing that wouldn't have been legal in a non-COVID atmosphere, besides one little sketch part to cover up the dust.

Only thing sketchy is Mama Daniels allegedly buying plane tickets, which are normally free anyway for officials. She might be in trouble.

Last edited:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herm is done. Antonio Piece is done.

Jayden Daniels is a great QB though. As long as he's on their roster, they will be tough in 2021

I think they come out fine. I think they broke the rules at the exact right time so that, if they really push it, they look like champions. They didn't give anyone bags of money. They didn't make a bunch of promises. They met players and showed them a program they believed in- And so did a bunch of programs. I talked to a friend of mine at a B1G program who more or less admitted that they did it too, albeit without the HC involved in the "accidental meeting". Maybe not as obvious, but if/when this goes to trial they're going to seem like Robinhoods. They made sure young, talented athletes got to see the school they wanted to go, regardless of rules and restrictions.

No buying. No purchasing. Just really, really aggressive recruiting by an African American staff for African American players. This isn't a fight the NCAA wants. Mawae, if it was him, probably ruined his coaching career more than he really fucked ASU football up. Nobody, especially the NFL, respects a snitch.

Last edited:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond that, want to bring attention to the fact that PFF named Jermayne Lole a 1st team Pre-Season All American right next to Oregon's golden child. Thibodeaux is probably the best DL since Myles Garrett, but Lole deserves credit for his development. He was a 6.5 sack, 10 TFL sophomore from the 5 tech in a 3-3 2 years ago, and looked better last year. With the same DL, including Davidson at nose who's a monster and deserves a lot more notice, and Tyler Johnson at DE who had more sacks than games played last year when finally healthy, that group should be really good.