• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1912. They were known as the Methodists or Wesleyans. An LA Times columnist wrote an article about "the fighting spirit of USC athletes" and called them "Trojan". The name stuck.
Good stuff! I always thought Trojan was their original name.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU and ND aren't comparable. ND has a national brand, BYU has a regional brand. ND has a much larger fanbase.
BYU has a global base. Not sure where you think they are a Boise State. BYU isn’t and won’t ever reach Notre Dame’s level because requirements are a little different for athletes at BYU than Notre Dame.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU has a global base. Not sure where you think they are a Boise State. BYU isn’t and won’t ever reach Notre Dame’s level because requirements are a little different for athletes at BYU than Notre Dame.

ND can join whatever conference they want. No Power conference wants BYU. BYU is a regional brand. Nobody east of the Mississippi cares about BYU, at all

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU gets a commit from 4 star DB Alfonzo Allen from Florida. He's the 2nd 4 star DB from that school so far and ASU's 3rd 4 star DB overall in this class. Offers from Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, USC, Florida, FSU, LSU, Miami, Oklahoma, Penn State and more. His teammate Marshall is recruited at CB. Allen and top 60 player Larry Turner-Gooden at safety. With last years haul, presuming everything sticks, ASU is going to have a really good situation in the secondary going forward.

The 4th recruit drags the average down a bit, but he's 247's #1 kicker so whatever.

Also likely the favorites to get Edric Weldon now from that school, who is a 3 star that's really interesting. Plays corner and safety, but is 6'5" 210 and will likely grow into an OLB with cover skills and elite size/speed.

Herm and co. are off to a great start.

Last edited:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weldon recently got his 4th star. Forgot that.

Last edited:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That moves you guys up to 8th in the PAC and 53rd in the country / congrats
3rd and 25th, thank you very much.

We don't have free Nikes. This is new ground for us. Several national recruits already, 2 or 3 more we're the odds on favorite for, and it's not April yet.

What else do you want to talk about?

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd and 25th, thank you very much.

We don't have free Nikes. This is new ground for us. Several national recruits already, 2 or 3 more we're the odds on favorite for, and it's not April yet.

What else do you want to talk about?

sorry guess you were talking about 2022. Bit early to be celebrating but congrats again

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sorry guess you were talking about 2022. Bit early to be celebrating but congrats again
True, they might decommit. I think we're going to snowball and have a top 15 class though.

2021 was a small class. ASU lost almost no one off the 2 deep and was up against a scholarship crunch. A center and a WR who was hurt. Crosswell left the team after 1 game and wasn't especially missed, as he'd lost his starting job. Recruit average wasn't amazing, but the quality was generally decent and on par with everyone not named USC and Oregon. It's a little better than it looks with transfers Conyers and Miller both still being freshmen. If you look at it that way, there are 6 4-star freshmen inbound out of 15, one of whom burned his RS, plus normal grad transfer type stuff.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU is going national with their recruiting. It's an interesting approach. However, they let their home state get raided last year. The top 14 players in the state of Arizona went somewhere else. Given that Arizona is an emerging hot bead for high school football, I would focus a little more on keeping local kids home.

That said, if guys like Thompson and Walden keep ending up at Oregon, I won't complain.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU is going national with their recruiting. It's an interesting approach. However, they let their home state get raided last year. The top 14 players in the state of Arizona went somewhere else. Given that Arizona is an emerging hot bead for high school football, I would focus a little more on keeping local kids home.

That said, if guys like Thompson and Walden keep ending up at Oregon, I won't complain.
A lot of Arizona players want to leave Arizona, or there families were originally from elsewhere. It's getting pretty bad, but this isn't a new phenomenon. It's not that ASU doesn't want those players. Hopefully we get Lucas this year.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of Arizona players want to leave Arizona, or there families were originally from elsewhere. It's getting pretty bad, but this isn't a new phenomenon. It's not that ASU doesn't want those players. Hopefully we get Lucas this year.
I was going to say I already though Arizona football is like Las Vegas, where they rarely ever commit to their state school

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good get for UCLA. Strong start for them on the 2022 class so far.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good get for UCLA. Strong start for them on the 2022 class so far.

They seem like they could have pretty good momentum going forward. If Chip gets them rolling this year and they can put up 9 or 10 wins, they'll be recruiting very well.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update on ASU WR's in practice, sort of. Or at least an article on it. Seems relevant since that's the biggest question mark for ASU.

Typical fluff piece, but I've mentioned Elijhah Badger a few times. I don't think he'll be the guy right away, but once he gets his feet wet and settled, I think he's going to be a monster. Like a slightly bigger Aiyuk. Think Wilson will be a great 3rd down target and he looked decent ever since he got over his drops in the USC game (he dropped 4 or 5 in his first college game). Not mentioned is Hodges, the starting TE again at 6'8" and 260ish. Ocho Cinco's kid is apparently making big strides, too.

With the OL returning 4 of 5, Daniels, the RBs, the DL bringing back everyone including guys who've played for 4 years, the LBs too and a secondary that might be older than some NFL secondaries (there are 3 guys in the secondary who started their first game in 2017)... Feeling really good. Presuming we can throw the ball, and I've got high hopes even if we lean heavily on the run early on.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update on ASU WR's in practice, sort of. Or at least an article on it. Seems relevant since that's the biggest question mark for ASU.

Typical fluff piece, but I've mentioned Elijhah Badger a few times. I don't think he'll be the guy right away, but once he gets his feet wet and settled, I think he's going to be a monster. Like a slightly bigger Aiyuk. Think Wilson will be a great 3rd down target and he looked decent ever since he got over his drops in the USC game (he dropped 4 or 5 in his first college game). Not mentioned is Hodges, the starting TE again at 6'8" and 260ish. Ocho Cinco's kid is apparently making big strides, too.

With the OL returning 4 of 5, Daniels, the RBs, the DL bringing back everyone including guys who've played for 4 years, the LBs too and a secondary that might be older than some NFL secondaries (there are 3 guys in the secondary who started their first game in 2017)... Feeling really good. Presuming we can throw the ball, and I've got high hopes even if we lean heavily on the run early on.
Oh thank god!!!!