• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC/Wazzu has been moved to 6pm Sunday. Hopefully it will be played.
Wouldn’t count on it. WSU has been steadfast on the 53 man scholarship deal which we barely met for Oregon State and allegedly didn’t for Oregon with only 3 confirmed cases. Something weird is going on at WSU and no one is saying how we got 85 scholarships but can’t make a 53 man roster. If the game happens IMO, SC/Pac 12 muscled them into the game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t count on it. WSU has been steadfast on the 53 man scholarship deal which we barely met for Oregon State and allegedly didn’t for Oregon with only 3 confirmed cases. Something weird is going on at WSU and no one is saying how we got 85 scholarships but can’t make a 53 man roster. If the game happens IMO, SC/Pac 12 muscled them into the game.

I think it's not just about a 53 man roster. It's about having enough scholarship players for specific position groups as well.

For example, USC had, I believe, 7 players out for the Colorado game 2 who tested positive and 5 more were identified through contact tracing as having to be quarantined. They should still have plenty of scholarship players, even if you account for injuries and redshirts.

Problem was, they were all o-linemen which meant we didn't have enough scholarship players in that position group.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's not just about a 53 man roster. It's about having enough scholarship players for specific position groups as well.

For example, USC had, I believe, 7 players out for the Colorado game 2 who tested positive and 5 more were identified through contact tracing as having to be quarantined. They should still have plenty of scholarship players, even if you account for injuries and redshirts.

Problem was, they were all o-linemen which meant we didn't have enough scholarship players in that position group.
There are for sure positional requirements for some. I recall reading you need 7 scholarship OL.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sun bowl has been cancelled. One less bowl for pac qualifiers this year.

Stanford is traveling to Seattle today and will practice somewhere around the city for its game this sat. They then will head down to Oregon and camp somewhere for next week and play Beavs.

So sounds like they're good to go for both games baring some covid positives, etc...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But that isn’t/hasn’t been the problem with WSU. I am just purely speculating because they don’t list reasons why people haven’t played and Coach Rolo has been pretty outspoken about not wanting to play this fall, and would’ve preferred spring. I just don’t feel the administration wants to play and will find an excuse not to now that they lost to Oregon. Had they beat Oregon, they would’ve played Stanford and the Apple Cup. There has been one confirmed case of Covid by any one who actually is on the depth chart.

Just to me, the 53 man scholarship is just an excuse because the Cougs haven’t and won’t come close to using 53 scholarship guys (including the scholarships guys who didn’t play a snap in the first two games) and every person outside of Abe Lucas and Max Borghi have said they are coming back next year.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 ASU starting DBs, Ashari Crosswell and Jack Jones, were suspended. I don't know what for.

Also limited info on who got sick and how sick they were. ASU's got an LSU DE transferring in that apparently caught it over the summer and lost like 25 pounds in a few weeks. When my sister had it bad, she couldn't smell or taste anything, and had no appetite at all.

On the bright side, it looks like we actually get to play football again.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that isn’t/hasn’t been the problem with WSU. I am just purely speculating because they don’t list reasons why people haven’t played and Coach Rolo has been pretty outspoken about not wanting to play this fall, and would’ve preferred spring. I just don’t feel the administration wants to play and will find an excuse not to now that they lost to Oregon. Had they beat Oregon, they would’ve played Stanford and the Apple Cup. There has been one confirmed case of Covid by any one who actually is on the depth chart.

Just to me, the 53 man scholarship is just an excuse because the Cougs haven’t and won’t come close to using 53 scholarship guys (including the scholarships guys who didn’t play a snap in the first two games) and every person outside of Abe Lucas and Max Borghi have said they are coming back next year.
That's kind of messed up. Beat Oregon and continue to play but since they lost just pack up and call it quits and screw over other teams that do want to play.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of messed up. Beat Oregon and continue to play but since they lost just pack up and call it quits and screw over other teams that do want to play.
It ain’t official but that is my personal opinion. They had enough players to be at the airport to take the flight to Palto Alto but got called off at the last minute and was physically impossible to get enough tests back by that Saturday night to call off the Apple Cup. No clue on an answer nor is it official but only one confirmed case of a starter on a Tuesday for a game 10 days later is out yet our basketball coach gets the Covid and is allowed to coach 10 days later.

DieSonneTeufeln

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 ASU starting DBs, Ashari Crosswell and Jack Jones, were suspended. I don't know what for.

Also limited info on who got sick and how sick they were. ASU's got an LSU DE transferring in that apparently caught it over the summer and lost like 25 pounds in a few weeks. When my sister had it bad, she couldn't smell or taste anything, and had no appetite at all.

On the bright side, it looks like we actually get to play football again.
Violation of team rules. It sucks but we’re deep at those spots.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas and Redbox bowls are officially toast now too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas and Redbox bowls are officially toast now too.

An ever tightening spiral down into the abyss.
We have 3 Saturdays left. Will we make it till then?
If we do, can we make it to the CFP?
We have had a lot of football, so I'm grateful for that, but the future isn't looking good.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was expected that most bowls would cancel. The whole point of most of them is to generate tourism for those towns. Expect many more to cancel in the next week.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was expected that most bowls would cancel. The whole point of most of them is to generate tourism for those towns. Expect many more to cancel in the next week.
Playoff bowls could still happen, but really can't see others. Didn't expect any when the season started. Really don't care a whole lot about the CCG this year either as the season was so imbalanced it just doesn't mean much.

Each week is just another chance to watch some kind of college football. Championships really aren't a thing this year. Nor bowls.