• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we know who has balls and vaginas

Attachments

• 72B7EDF4-41C8-4CBB-8349-70E58CFFD90D.jpeg
    72B7EDF4-41C8-4CBB-8349-70E58CFFD90D.jpeg
    277.5 KB · Views: 11

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is completely irrelevant, but I just don't see a scenario where the Pac-12 makes the playoffs with this stupid seven week plan. How would a 7-0 Oregon or USC, with MAYBE one ranked win, make the game over, say, a 9-2 UGA? Seven weeks is a joke. It's not even worth doing.

PSUTE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is completely irrelevant, but I just don't see a scenario where the Pac-12 makes the playoffs with this stupid seven week plan. How would a 7-0 Oregon or USC, with MAYBE one ranked win, make the game over, say, a 9-2 UGA? Seven weeks is a joke. It's not even worth doing.
Remains to be seen how many games are actually played, lots of cancellations have already happened...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First off, there's no guarantee that teams will be able to play all of the games they have scheduled. So, 9-2 could verey well end up being 7-2 or 6-2 depending on how things go.

Also, considering that this is an unprecedented situation, the committee is likely to adjust their selection process. I expect things like the "eye test" will be used more than usual.

It'll likely be difficult and they will need some other stuff to happen, but it's definitely possible.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, there's no guarantee that teams will be able to play all of the games they have scheduled. So, 9-2 could verey well end up being 7-2 or 6-2 depending on how things go.

Also, considering that this is an unprecedented situation, the committee is likely to adjust their selection process. I expect things like the "eye test" will be used more than usual.

It'll likely be difficult and they will need some other stuff to happen, but it's definitely possible.
For years you guys tried to discredit the SEC for playing one less IC game than the PAC. Now you are going to play 4 less IC games than the SEC, B12, and and the ACC. Any team with 1 or 2 losses will be considered before an undefeated PAC team, so long as they play 10 - 12 games that are scheduled. You can't just say, it's different this year. It's different because the PAC fucked up and brought it on themselves. Playing 4 less games, likely missing against the best other teams - as stupid as the PAC is, they will clear the way for Ore, USC and Utah - isn't a little thing. The the reasons you will be ignored are obvious:

First, you simply can't compare the accomplishments ... so much could happen in the extra 4 games (losses, injuries, general wear and tear, etc). Second, it's the PAC who has not done well in the CFP, and has always been the first conference out. The CFP won't do them any favors, although that's all your crapping commissioner can say right now, but he doesn't believe that - he's just trying to figure out how to get another bonus before you finally fire him. Third, if you let them in, they are at a huge advantage of having played 4 less games, less likelihood of injury, fresher legs, etc. At the end of the day fairness will dictate, you fucked up by deciding to not play, you don't have a body of work we can compare against the other teams, and it would not be fair to allow you, a fresher team, to play teams that played 4 or 5 more games than you did.

Imagine trying to argue a 7-0 Oregon who played Cal, Stanford, WSU, UW, OSU, and the worst team in the south, then USC should get in before a 10-1 Bama SEC runner-up, who played UGA twice, Auburn, LSU, TAMU, UTjr, OM, MSU, Mizzou, Arky, and Vandy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For years you guys tried to discredit the SEC for playing one less IC game than the PAC.

Was there a pandemic those other years?

No?

Then, nothing in your post, which I stopped reading after what I quoted, has anything to do with this season.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For years you guys tried to discredit the SEC for playing one less IC game than the PAC. Now you are going to play 4 less IC games than the SEC, B12, and and the ACC. Any team with 1 or 2 losses will be considered before an undefeated PAC team, so long as they play 10 - 12 games that are scheduled. You can't just say, it's different this year. It's different because the PAC fucked up and brought it on themselves. Playing 4 less games, likely missing against the best other teams - as stupid as the PAC is, they will clear the way for Ore, USC and Utah - isn't a little thing. The the reasons you will be ignored are obvious:

First, you simply can't compare the accomplishments ... so much could happen in the extra 4 games (losses, injuries, general wear and tear, etc). Second, it's the PAC who has not done well in the CFP, and has always been the first conference out. The CFP won't do them any favors, although that's all your crapping commissioner can say right now, but he doesn't believe that - he's just trying to figure out how to get another bonus before you finally fire him. Third, if you let them in, they are at a huge advantage of having played 4 less games, less likelihood of injury, fresher legs, etc. At the end of the day fairness will dictate, you fucked up by deciding to not play, you don't have a body of work we can compare against the other teams, and it would not be fair to allow you, a fresher team, to play teams that played 4 or 5 more games than you did.

Imagine trying to argue a 7-0 Oregon who played Cal, Stanford, WSU, UW, OSU, and the worst team in the south, then USC should get in before a 10-1 Bama SEC runner-up, who played UGA twice, Auburn, LSU, TAMU, UTjr, OM, MSU, Mizzou, Arky, and Vandy.

Meh, unlikely the other conferences play full schedules anyway.

Muncie2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
, they will clear the way for Ore, USC and Cal
Ftfy.

It's amazing how little people from the sec know about Pac-12 football.

Cal is 15-3 when Garbers starts and finishes a game.

That being said...Cal is bringing back more starters and players with game experience than any team in the conference and it's not close.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ftfy.

Sorry I don't follow Cal football. Not many people do. In the SEC or elsewhere. But, good to know you may be the 7-0 team that doesn't get in the CFP. That would suck.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there a pandemic those other years?

No?

Then, nothing in your post, which I stopped reading after what I quoted, has anything to do with this season.
Pandemic doesn't affect the fact that your conference screwed up and will play 4 games less. It would be absolutely unfair to allow a PAC teams playing 4 less games to be in the CFP. They will know that and won't do it. Do you really not see the problem in a team playing 4 less games due to their own ineptitude?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pandemic doesn't affect the fact that your conference screwed up and will play 4 games less. It would be absolutely unfair to allow a PAC teams playing 4 less games to be in the CFP. They will know that and won't do it. Do you really not see the problem in a team playing 4 less games due to their own ineptitude?

Pandemic changes everything. We don't know how many games anyone is going to play. There have already been games cancelled.

Depending on timing, how many, if any make up dates there are...teams within the same conference may not be able to all play the same number of games.

Everyone is literally doing the best they can to figure this out as it goes and crossing their fingers that we can get some kind of a decent season out of it.

Hilarious that you think this is in any way, like any other season.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pandemic changes everything. We don't know how many games anyone is going to play. There have already been games cancelled.

Depending on timing, how many, if any make up dates there are...teams within the same conference may not be able to all play the same number of games.

Hilarious that you think this is in any way, like any other season.
I obviously don't think it's like any other season. My posts make that obvious. And you are correct ... if the Alpha 3 conferences end up cancelling 3 or 4 games, then the PAC might have a chance. Absent that, pandemic or not, they won't let someone who played 4 less games into the CFP. Everyone not a PAC homer knows this to be true.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ftfy.

Cal is 15-3 when Garbers starts and finishes a game.

That being said...Cal is bringing back more starters and players with game experience than any team in the conference and it's not close.

I think SEC school degrees are written in crayon.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I obviously don't think it's like any other season. My posts make that obvious.

No they don't. You're trying to bring in shit from past seasons that have zero to do with this season and not taking into account that each conference was effected differently.

The California schools literally just got the ok to gather in groups greater than 12 so they can actually have real practices. So, while I think the B1G and the PAC shouldn't have cancelled their seasons, at least for the PAC, chances are, they wouldn't have been able to start full practices before now anyway.

Now run along and stop dumbing down this thread.

Last edited:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now run along and stop dumbing down this thread.
Lol, in other words I can’t refute what your are stating, I give up but shall call you names. We’ll revisit this thread in a couple months.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, in other words I can’t refute what your are stating, I give up but shall call you names. We’ll revisit this thread in a couple months.

You're right. You can't refute what I'm saying. Glad we agree.

Now, like I said, run along and stop dumbing down this thread.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Oh look...Another e-genius. How impressive.:rolleyes2:
Weak response. You attacked, I responded. Don’t want someone to refute your nonsense, don’t say things you can’t back up. Think before you post.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak response. You attacked, I responded. Don’t want someone to refute your nonsense, don’t say things you can’t back up. Think before you post.

lol

Yeah, I'm impressed by your "e-degrees".

Are you a French model too?

We can be anyone on the interwebz.