• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of an era tonight. The last "Rocky Mountain Showdown" in sight. Oldest rivalry in our region and probably the last time for at least a decade, we get to see the Buffs smack around the Rams.

It must suck...to be...a CSU fan. It sucks to be a CSU Ram.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of an era tonight. The last "Rocky Mountain Showdown" in sight. Oldest rivalry in our region and probably the last time for at least a decade, we get to see the Buffs smack around the Rams.

It must suck...to be...a CSU fan. It sucks to be a CSU Ram.

Didn't the rivalry take a 25-year break earlier?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EDLySftXsAAeT_i.jpg

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like USC is College football analyst U. Matt Lienart , Reggie Bush , Mark Sanchez all have high profile gigs with Petros Papadakis has the B team gig.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, they are better at talking about football than they were playing it? :noidea:

:D

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone does subscribe and can do a copy/paste job, that'd be cool.

Sorry I've been MIA lately. If you're still interested, here it is:

SEATTLE — Jake Haener walked into coach Chris Petersen’s office at 12:20 p.m. Thursday, and walked out with a decision to make.

Jacob Eason had won the competition for Washington’s starting quarterback position, Petersen told him, as recounted to The Athletic by Haener’s father, Ryan. Petersen told Jake they were “splitting hairs,” and that it had come down to the wire, but that Eason’s upside put him over the top.

“He was extremely emotional about it,” Ryan said of his son, “because he felt like he had won the job.”

Petersen told reporters Friday that while Eason would be the starter, Haener also would play some in UW’s season opener against Eastern Washington, “because he deserves it.” But he also knew Haener was considering a transfer, and told him he needed a decision by 9 a.m. Saturday. The coach wanted him to stay, Ryan said, and so did offensive coordinator Bush Hamdan. But Haener, a third-year sophomore, ultimately made the difficult choice to leave Washington in pursuit of a starting job somewhere else.

The school announced his departure Saturday afternoon. Jake is crushed, but harbors no ill will toward UW, Ryan said. He doesn’t truly want to leave the school his grandfather and mother attended. But he feels he has to, for the sake of his football career.

“It was a decision that was carefully thought of and talked about,” Ryan said. “I just want to say that the Haener family and Jake are thankful to the University of Washington for the opportunity, and have nothing but the utmost respect for Chris Petersen and Bush Hamdan and the entire staff and team at UW, and we wish them nothing but the best moving forward in the 2019 season.”

Haener, from Danville (Calif.) Monte Vista, came to UW as a relatively unheralded three-star recruit in the 2017 class. He quickly impressed coaches and teammates with his confidence, poise and football IQ, and showed a stronger arm than his 6-foot, 194-pound frame might suggest. After redshirting, Haener spent the 2018 season as Jake Browning’s backup, seeing his most significant action in mop-up duty against North Dakota before being inserted into a close game at California in the fourth quarter.

That outing didn’t go so well. Haener threw an interception that Cal linebacker Evan Weaver returned for a touchdown, the decisive score in what turned out to be a 12-10 defeat. The very fact that Petersen was willing to put Haener in that situation — Petersen said he was searching for something that would spark UW’s stagnant offense — speaks volumes about how much he respects Jake’s abilities, even if it seemed an unfair scenario to throw a freshman quarterback into.

Most assumed Eason, a 6-foot-6, 227-pound former five-star recruit from Lake Stevens (Wash.) High, would run away with the starting job during spring and fall camp. But Haener kept things interesting, showcasing a live arm and a willingness to test the defense down the field. The two split reps throughout spring and the first three weeks of preseason camp. Settling on Eason, Petersen said, came down to a “gut feeling,” perhaps a nod to the upside he referenced when explaining his decision to Haener.

When Eason transferred to UW from Georgia after the 2017 season, Ryan said Jake reached out to his former high school coaches to gauge whether he should explore a transfer. But he decided then to stick it out.

“‘I’m gonna stay here and go toe to toe with this guy. I’m not gonna be intimidated because he’s a local kid,’” Ryan said of Jake’s mindset. “He could have easily just said ‘I’m out’ and not even competed, but he sat there and went toe to toe with Jacob and gave him a run for his money.”

Haener reflected the attitude of a competitor whenever he was asked about the quarterback competition, dating back to Rose Bowl media day in late December. He knew he was nobody’s favorite to win the job, and that everyone expected and wanted Eason to beat him out, and he didn’t care. He said this spring that he deleted his social media accounts, knowing there was little he might see that would qualify as encouraging.

“Everyone’s going to write me off and say I’m the underdog, which is great,” Haener said in December. “I’m ready for it. I’m going to prove a lot of people wrong. I’m ready to go fight and compete and do everything I can to give this team the best opportunity to win.”

Ryan said he had “a very respectful” conversation with Petersen for about an hour Friday, reviewing the situation and talking out their options. Petersen doesn’t agree with Jake’s decision to transfer, Ryan said, but he told him he will support him in any way possible. Coach and quarterback ended their Saturday meeting with a hug.

“He’s always been a very classy coach,” Ryan said, “and has treated my son with the utmost respect.”

Ryan Haener said Saturday afternoon that Jake was due to enter the transfer portal “within the next hour,” and that the two would meet up Sunday and drive together from Seattle to California. The plan is to evaluate Jake’s transfer options and enroll at a new school as soon as is feasible while sitting out the 2019 season. Haener will have two years of eligibility remaining after that.

As for UW, a quarterback room bursting with five passers in April now has dwindled to three: Eason, redshirt freshman Jacob Sirmon, and true freshman Dylan Morris. Sirmon himself entered the transfer portal after spring practices — on the same day as fellow redshirt freshman Colson Yankoff, who transferred to UCLA — but changed his mind and decided to stay at UW. That’s proving to be a wise move, as he now enters the 2019 season as Eason’s backup. If anything were to happen to either of those players, Morris could be pressed into emergency duty in his first college season. Eason is the only quarterback on the roster who has played in a college game. None have taken a snap for the Huskies.

Haener will take his next snap for somebody else.

“He worked as hard as anyone could possibly work to try to get better for this program,” Ryan said of his son. “That’s the main message. There are a lot of naysayers because he’s 6-foot and all the negative connotations that go with size, but the heart of the lion and the work ethic and the determination really define this young man’s character. I think he’s handled this entire situation with class, and distinguished himself very well.

“At the end of the day, Jake’s got to do what’s best for Jake and his future moving forward, because he can play the game.”

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I've been MIA lately. If you're still interested, here it is:

SEATTLE — Jake Haener walked into coach Chris Petersen’s office at 12:20 p.m. Thursday, and walked out with a decision to make.

Jacob Eason had won the competition for Washington’s starting quarterback position, Petersen told him, as recounted to The Athletic by Haener’s father, Ryan. Petersen told Jake they were “splitting hairs,” and that it had come down to the wire, but that Eason’s upside put him over the top.

“He was extremely emotional about it,” Ryan said of his son, “because he felt like he had won the job.”

Petersen told reporters Friday that while Eason would be the starter, Haener also would play some in UW’s season opener against Eastern Washington, “because he deserves it.” But he also knew Haener was considering a transfer, and told him he needed a decision by 9 a.m. Saturday. The coach wanted him to stay, Ryan said, and so did offensive coordinator Bush Hamdan. But Haener, a third-year sophomore, ultimately made the difficult choice to leave Washington in pursuit of a starting job somewhere else.

The school announced his departure Saturday afternoon. Jake is crushed, but harbors no ill will toward UW, Ryan said. He doesn’t truly want to leave the school his grandfather and mother attended. But he feels he has to, for the sake of his football career.

“It was a decision that was carefully thought of and talked about,” Ryan said. “I just want to say that the Haener family and Jake are thankful to the University of Washington for the opportunity, and have nothing but the utmost respect for Chris Petersen and Bush Hamdan and the entire staff and team at UW, and we wish them nothing but the best moving forward in the 2019 season.”

Haener, from Danville (Calif.) Monte Vista, came to UW as a relatively unheralded three-star recruit in the 2017 class. He quickly impressed coaches and teammates with his confidence, poise and football IQ, and showed a stronger arm than his 6-foot, 194-pound frame might suggest. After redshirting, Haener spent the 2018 season as Jake Browning’s backup, seeing his most significant action in mop-up duty against North Dakota before being inserted into a close game at California in the fourth quarter.

That outing didn’t go so well. Haener threw an interception that Cal linebacker Evan Weaver returned for a touchdown, the decisive score in what turned out to be a 12-10 defeat. The very fact that Petersen was willing to put Haener in that situation — Petersen said he was searching for something that would spark UW’s stagnant offense — speaks volumes about how much he respects Jake’s abilities, even if it seemed an unfair scenario to throw a freshman quarterback into.

Most assumed Eason, a 6-foot-6, 227-pound former five-star recruit from Lake Stevens (Wash.) High, would run away with the starting job during spring and fall camp. But Haener kept things interesting, showcasing a live arm and a willingness to test the defense down the field. The two split reps throughout spring and the first three weeks of preseason camp. Settling on Eason, Petersen said, came down to a “gut feeling,” perhaps a nod to the upside he referenced when explaining his decision to Haener.

When Eason transferred to UW from Georgia after the 2017 season, Ryan said Jake reached out to his former high school coaches to gauge whether he should explore a transfer. But he decided then to stick it out.

“‘I’m gonna stay here and go toe to toe with this guy. I’m not gonna be intimidated because he’s a local kid,’” Ryan said of Jake’s mindset. “He could have easily just said ‘I’m out’ and not even competed, but he sat there and went toe to toe with Jacob and gave him a run for his money.”

Haener reflected the attitude of a competitor whenever he was asked about the quarterback competition, dating back to Rose Bowl media day in late December. He knew he was nobody’s favorite to win the job, and that everyone expected and wanted Eason to beat him out, and he didn’t care. He said this spring that he deleted his social media accounts, knowing there was little he might see that would qualify as encouraging.

“Everyone’s going to write me off and say I’m the underdog, which is great,” Haener said in December. “I’m ready for it. I’m going to prove a lot of people wrong. I’m ready to go fight and compete and do everything I can to give this team the best opportunity to win.”

Ryan said he had “a very respectful” conversation with Petersen for about an hour Friday, reviewing the situation and talking out their options. Petersen doesn’t agree with Jake’s decision to transfer, Ryan said, but he told him he will support him in any way possible. Coach and quarterback ended their Saturday meeting with a hug.

“He’s always been a very classy coach,” Ryan said, “and has treated my son with the utmost respect.”

Ryan Haener said Saturday afternoon that Jake was due to enter the transfer portal “within the next hour,” and that the two would meet up Sunday and drive together from Seattle to California. The plan is to evaluate Jake’s transfer options and enroll at a new school as soon as is feasible while sitting out the 2019 season. Haener will have two years of eligibility remaining after that.

As for UW, a quarterback room bursting with five passers in April now has dwindled to three: Eason, redshirt freshman Jacob Sirmon, and true freshman Dylan Morris. Sirmon himself entered the transfer portal after spring practices — on the same day as fellow redshirt freshman Colson Yankoff, who transferred to UCLA — but changed his mind and decided to stay at UW. That’s proving to be a wise move, as he now enters the 2019 season as Eason’s backup. If anything were to happen to either of those players, Morris could be pressed into emergency duty in his first college season. Eason is the only quarterback on the roster who has played in a college game. None have taken a snap for the Huskies.

Haener will take his next snap for somebody else.

“He worked as hard as anyone could possibly work to try to get better for this program,” Ryan said of his son. “That’s the main message. There are a lot of naysayers because he’s 6-foot and all the negative connotations that go with size, but the heart of the lion and the work ethic and the determination really define this young man’s character. I think he’s handled this entire situation with class, and distinguished himself very well.

“At the end of the day, Jake’s got to do what’s best for Jake and his future moving forward, because he can play the game.”
Sounded a lot less drama than was painted by people in various articles as the news broke. He knew going in it was an uphill battle and gave it his best. May have lost that starting role, but I doubt anyone has anything but the utmost respect for the effort he gave and how he left on good terms.

Refreshing to see a kids dad not be a douchenozzle like so many vocal ones these days.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am feeling like @AlaskaGuy felt last year with Haener vs Browning. I want Gubrud over Gordon but obviously can’t really say anything negative about the results.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am feeling like @AlaskaGuy felt last year with Haener vs Browning. I want Gubrud over Gordon but obviously can’t really say anything negative about the results.
Gordon killed it today. With that said if he goes down I don't see Leach's offense missing a beat with Gubrud in there.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon killed it today. With that said if he goes down I don't see Leach's offense missing a beat with Gubrud in there.

I just want Gubrud because he can beat you guys, a Gordon led offense can’t because he is a statue like every other Leach QB who has been beat by your Mutts.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want Gubrud because he can beat you guys, a Gordon led offense can’t because he is a statue like every other Leach QB who has been beat by your Mutts.
Minshew was no statue. That guy can scramble.