• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. USC really rejuiced the program with the Riley hire. Things are going to heat up quickly as I expect them start recruiting top 10 classes again. OC and DC choices will be critical as well. But got to say. That's an impressive move by USC to land him.
No kidding, did anyone really think SC was going to get a real coaching name? SC officially has the most playoff coaching experience now.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appears the players will have a fairwell banquet with the last of the current staff on Monday and Huskies will be announcing their new HC to the players at a meeting on Tues, 9am.
Any rumors on who?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appears the players will have a fairwell banquet with the last of the current staff on Monday and Huskies will be announcing their new HC to the players at a meeting on Tues, 9am.
Looks like Campbell was in talks, balked, and then was back at the table for something around 7.5m/5y and they have DeBoer on the backburner. I'd bet the latter more than the former, but Campbell is expected to talk tomorrow.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding, did anyone really think SC was going to get a real coaching name?

I did. It usually takes them about 3ish coaching hires after a successful one leaves before they get it right. So, Kiffin, Sark, then Helton...it was time. lol

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like DeBoer is a done deal. He is set to speak to his team soon.

Not the splashy move, but I get the rush to secure a guy. So many open spots this year. Even next tier guys are going to get offered crazy money to bail on their schools.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not the splashy move, but I get the rush to secure a guy. So many open spots this year. Even next tier guys are going to get offered crazy money to bail on their schools.
Think that is a good move. Young guy and has won wherever he has coached. May take a few seasons to ramp up, due to current recruitment, but this is a good hire.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These things are always crap shots. The big question is how long of a contract was signed so we know the soonest we could get out of it if it doesn't work.

And no, I don't expect him to fail, but that does happen in college football too often not to discuss contract length.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. It usually takes them about 3ish coaching hires after a successful one leaves before they get it right. So, Kiffin, Sark, then Helton...it was time. lol
But Riley? I thought at most Fickell but Riley is a top 4 coach at least by resume.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know it is way too soon, but you really like the hire? He was dude that was rumors of we might be interested in him. No idea who is actually available but I thought you guys would shoot hire, just my two cents.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it is way too soon, but you really like the hire? He was dude that was rumors of we might be interested in him. No idea who is actually available but I thought you guys would shoot hire, just my two cents.
It's all a crapshoot. Best coach in UW history was grabbed from Kent State. On paper it isn't a shitty choice, but doesn't mean it won't turn out that way. Also isn't flashy but could work out perfectly.

I'm just happy they have someone now for the last bit of recruiting season. He's got connections in Cali.

I need to see who they tap for DC before I get too excited either way. The staff is probably more important than the HC these days. DeBoer may be a big offense guy, but you can't win at the P5 level without a really solid D to go with it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all a crapshoot. Best coach in UW history was grabbed from Kent State. On paper it isn't a shitty choice, but doesn't mean it won't turn out that way. Also isn't flashy but could work out perfectly.

I'm just happy they have someone now for the last bit of recruiting season. He's got connections in Cali.

I need to see who they tap for DC before I get too excited either way. The staff is probably more important than the HC these days. DeBoer may be a big offense guy, but you can't win at the P5 level without a really solid D to go with it.
I guess just underwhelming IMO. Yeah Don James came from a lower school but that was also the 70’s. It seems like Campbell said no but if your alumni are so quick to fire a dude who at least got a division championship with an asterisk it seems they would fork money over to someone.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess just underwhelming IMO. Yeah Don James came from a lower school but that was also the 70’s. It seems like Campbell said no but if your alumni are so quick to fire a dude who at least got a division championship with an asterisk it seems they would fork money over to someone.
We're a public school just like you. They can't do the shit USC and other similar schools can. That said, there are a FUCK TON of big jobs open. It's not like there's a big name that was just a check away from going to Montlake anyway. They were in on Campbell, but if he didn't want to go for the money offered there isn't much anyone could have done. Maybe he's got something else brewing or maybe he didn't want to leave where he's at.

Still it's funny you keep trying to diminish it when you ended up with an in house guy. The odds of that failing seem much higher.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're a public school just like you. They can't do the shit USC and other similar schools can. That said, there are a FUCK TON of big jobs open. It's not like there's a big name that was just a check away from going to Montlake anyway. They were in on Campbell, but if he didn't want to go for the money offered there isn't much anyone could have done. Maybe he's got something else brewing or maybe he didn't want to leave where he's at.

Still it's funny you keep trying to diminish it when you ended up with an in house guy. The odds of that failing seem much higher.
This isn’t a bash on you guys. But we also aren’t the same caliber as UW and aren’t fighting (or suppose) to be fighting for the same people. But ya, we hired an in house guy because the governor fired our coach, your alumni fired Jimmy Lake

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn’t a bash on you guys. But we also aren’t the same caliber as UW and aren’t fighting (or suppose) to be fighting for the same people. But ya, we hired an in house guy because the governor fired our coach, your alumni fired Jimmy Lake
Jimmy lake fired Jimmy lake. He would have had at least next year had he been faster at doing something about that bad start and not made physical contact with a player on national TV. You can get away with that if it's WSU v OSU on the Pac12 network. You aren't going to get away with it on that stage.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy lake fired Jimmy lake. He would have had at least next year had he been faster at doing something about that bad start and not made physical contact with a player on national TV. You can get away with that if it's WSU v OSU on the Pac12 network. You aren't going to get away with it on that stage.

Similarly, Rolovich fired Rolovich.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to be a dream weekend/early week for USC.

1) They poach Riley, a guy who will crush it.
2) The best coach since at least Lou at ND is now bailing for LSU for some weird fucking reason.

I'm basically pulling for massive Oregon improvements and just taking their wins as my own. Or a little help not negative recruiting anymore. Help us, please. 50/50 with Cristobal.

Like the sound of that.

I need some Gear from you, alright? I'll send you a list. And we gotta go out to some place far. Like the desert. Oregon plays their games with desert voodoo working on their side now.

WE CANT TALK TO EACH OTHER ON THE PHONE. PEOPLE ARE LOOKING AT US.

Last edited: