• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But damn, what a hire Coach Rolo is. In his first year he leads his team to tying for a conference championship.

UW will probably claim a natty

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

Yeah, those are the reasons they give. They're also all bullshit.

This came from the Presidents, not the AD's.

This about liability and the players trying to organize. Doesn't have shit to do with player safety.

They're afraid that if a player gets it and there's a bad outcome...they'll be sued. But that's not even the main reason because they'd have a chance of winning or at worst, would settle out of court.

The main reason is that they don't want to end up having to cede to any of the demands from the #WeAreUnited or whatever players.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say I told you so, but this was why I stopped following CFB news and chat in March. What's the point when it was inevitable it would be either cancelled or drastically pushed back? :noidea:

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead and crown ASU with the Rose Bowl if you are going to cancel PAC12. We will take the Virtual Bowl.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Yeah, those are the reasons they give. They're also all bullshit.

This came from the Presidents, not the AD's.

This about liability and the players trying to organize. Doesn't have shit to do with player safety.

They're afraid that if a player gets it and there's a bad outcome...they'll be sued. But that's not even the main reason because they'd have a chance of winning or at worst, would settle out of court.

The main reason is that they don't want to end up having to cede to any of the demands from the #WeAreUnited or whatever players.

But the Presidents and chancellors are pretty naive to think this won’t pop up again when ever football resumes. It seems some players want to have a players union even though they aren’t smart enough to realize what that entails.

Muncie2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Presidents and chancellors are pretty naive to think this won’t pop up again when ever football resumes. It seems some players want to have a players union even though they aren’t smart enough to realize what that entails.

The Cal students that started this are plenty smart enough.

I applaud them.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cal students that started this are plenty smart enough.

I applaud them.

No they aren’t. Educated and smart are not the same thing. They have a list of unattainable demands in which shows they are not smart because a few of the things they are asking from the conference are out of their control. They do not have a structure to actually unionize or what they are calling Unity.

Muncie2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they aren’t. Educated and smart are not the same thing. They have a list of unattainable demands in which shows they are not smart because a few of the things they are asking from the conference are out of their control. They do not have a structure to actually unionize or what they are calling Unity.

Really?

I'll agree with your premise, but

Critical thinking is taught at Cal.

Another aspect is this...

Lateral thinking - Wikipedia

You can get from point A to point C without going through point B.

Cal students are some of the smartest in the world.

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings

They know exactly what they are doing.

Muncie2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really?

You can get from point A to point C without going through B.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Cal has the biggest racist anti Constitution cvnts in the conference. They hate free speech and people who don't think like the rest of the herd.

Welcome to Cal.

1735259_020217-kgo-black-bloc-fire-img_Image_23-06-10,26.jpg

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

So you agree that educated is not the same thing as smart or are you trying to argue all freshmen that enter take those classes go on to success? No one is saying Cal isn’t a fine institution but that doesn’t change the fact there is no thinking involved just an emotional reaction to the movement of the day. Now I am no expert in all of Berkeley’s thinking courses but these players demands aren’t A-C this is an A-Z. Your genius Cal players have went from A (where they are) to Z (where their goal is) but at this stage they don’t have B even locked down, which is getting every single player on a P5 scholarship to join the “cause”

You cannot skip B-Y and say there is any critical thinking involved. It take years of negotiations to get a viable CBA even with strike power, which the players think they have but do not.

Muncie2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cal students weren't extremely smart... you wouldn't be talking about this movement.

PSUTE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My 2 cents. Between scholarships (remember, the actual cost for out of state tuition (waived) that others have to get loans for), books and expenses, room & board, trainers tables, cost of attendance stipends for all athletes in all sports, uniforms and other team gear provided for free, etc. If you add it up for all athletes in all sports, guessing it comes to more than 50% of athletic department expenses, and it would not take too much, if any creative accounting to do it. So no, IMO, they don't know WTF they are doing...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cal students weren't extremely smart... you wouldn't be talking about this movement.

Why not? We point out stupid stuff on here all of the time.

lol @thinking that a bunch of people, most of whom have never had a job in their lives are going, to know about forming a labor union because they took a critical thinking class.