• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St was going to use the Ducks like a blowup doll. Very sad that will be missed this fall.

I don't disagree. I only had the Ducks with a 10% chance to win..which may have been too high.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it this means the PAC will cancel its OOC as well now.

No cfb till the 3rd to 4th week of sept now. God damnit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I read on Reign of Troy that they are expecting the PAC to be the next conference to announce a conference only schedule. Seem to think it will happen within the next few days.

What's going to be interesting is Notre Dame. Reign of Troy said that it's unknown right now if the USC/ND would be cancelled if the PAC goes conference only. I wonder if the PAC can force USC to not play in that game?

Which brings up another point...every game that Notre Dame plays is a non-conference game for their opponent.

Could their season get cancelled because they aren't in a conference?

For USC, I would expect that they will throw their weight around as much as they possibly can to make sure that game can happen...but I wonder if other teams will do the same in other conferences.

Notre Dame also plays Stanford...I wonder if Stanford would side with USC to try to keep their game?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I read on Reign of Troy that they are expecting the PAC to be the next conference to announce a conference only schedule. Seem to think it will happen within the next few days.

What's going to be interesting is Notre Dame. Reign of Troy said that it's unknown right now if the USC/ND would be cancelled if the PAC goes conference only. I wonder if the PAC can force USC to not play in that game?

Which brings up another point...every game that Notre Dame plays is a non-conference game for their opponent.

Could their season get cancelled because they aren't in a conference?

For USC, I would expect that they will throw their weight around as much as they possibly can to make sure that game can happen...but I wonder if other teams will do the same in other conferences.

Notre Dame also plays Stanford...I wonder if Stanford would side with USC to try to keep their game?

Notre Dame will be playing an ACC schedule.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s your guy’s guess?

Mine: Do away with OOC games. Although that provides a bit of a problem with the ACC & SEC. I would keep their OOC rival game in tact. Move their early conference game into the mix of bye week and late season patsies. This buys the country another 3 weeks. I’m sure someone smarter than me will shoot holes through my thought.
Starting to shake out

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the twitterverse is reporting it.

Yeah, I happened to turn it on ESPN shortly after my post and they were saying that they expect Notre Dame would just fill the rest of it's schedule with ACC teams.

Assuming there will be a post season, the cfp probably wouldn't be too effected. The biggest problem will be for teams like Oregon and USC.

The PAC isn't very well respected right now, so it will be tough for Oregon or USC to make the cfp going unbeaten or with 1 loss.

USC could have really helped itself with say a strong showing vs. Bama and a win over the Domers...Oregon could have done the same with a strong showing vs. tOSU.

Bowl games could be effected in a huge way. A lot of lower level P5 teams use OOC games against cupcakes to get themselves bowl eligible. We could see a pretty good size shortage of bowl eligible teams.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I happened to turn it on ESPN shortly after my post and they were saying that they expect Notre Dame would just fill the rest of it's schedule with ACC teams.

Assuming there will be a post season, the cfp probably wouldn't be too effected. The biggest problem will be for teams like Oregon and USC.

The PAC isn't very well respected right now, so it will be tough for Oregon or USC to make the cfp going unbeaten or with 1 loss.

USC could have really helped itself with say a strong showing vs. Bama and a win over the Domers...Oregon could have done the same with a strong showing vs. tOSU.

Bowl games could be effected in a huge way. A lot of lower level P5 teams use OOC games against cupcakes to get themselves bowl eligible. We could see a pretty good size shortage of bowl eligible teams.

If Oregon or USC go undefeated, it's likely they'll be in the playoff.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oregon or USC go undefeated, it's likely they'll be in the playoff.

I'm not so sure. We could see 5 unbeaten conference champions.

Suppose you have Bama, Clemson, tOSU, Oklahoma and Oregon or USC, all unbeaten.

How confident are you that Oregon gets chosen over 1 of those other 4?

Heck, USC is a blue blood, just about everyone says that cfb is better when USC is good...but I would be very surprised if we were chosen...even if the ND game was salvaged and we had a win over them on our resume', I'd be surprised if we got in.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heck, USC is a blue blood, just about everyone says that cfb is better when USC is good...but I would be very surprised if we were chosen...even if the ND game was salvaged and we had a win over them on our resume', I'd be surprised if we got in.

That can always be said. The likelihood of 5 undefeated P5 teams is extremely small

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be shocked if Bama went undefeated with a 10-game conference schedule. Oklahoma and the PAC12 champ are also unlikely to go unbeaten.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can always be said. The likelihood of 5 undefeated P5 teams is extremely small

In most seasons, I would agree 100%. But a conference only schedule changes things, imo.

Because Oregon gets USC in Autzen, they will be favored in every conference game they play.

USC will be favored in every conference game except vs. Oregon and I'll be surprised if they're favored by more than a field goal.

The PAC is usually full of landmines, but I don't think there are as many this year.

Outside of Notre Dame...who's challenging Clemson in the ACC?

Penn St., might be able to upset tOSU, but if they do, who's beating them?

Not sure who's challenging BAMA this year. LSU lost too much. Georgia?

I really don't see anyone challenging Oklahoma in the Big 12.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In most seasons, I would agree 100%. But a conference only schedule changes things, imo.

Because Oregon gets USC in Autzen, they will be favored in every conference game they play.

USC will be favored in every conference game except vs. Oregon and I'll be surprised if they're favored by more than a field goal.

The PAC is usually full of landmines, but I don't think there are as many this year.

It's a percentage thing. While Oklahoma is at least 70% likely to win any individual game on their schedule, it stands to reason based on probability that they will slip up at least once.

I doubt before the season started last year you would have picked Auburn to beat Alabama or Kansas St to beat Oklahoma.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People say this every year but it's extremely difficult to run through conference play (including the championship game) undefeated.

Here are the P5 teams that did it thought the last decade. You never see more than 3 teams. It could happen but it's extremely unlikely.

2019: LSU, Clemson, Ohio State

2018: Clemson, Alabama

2017: Nobody

2016: Oklahoma, Alabama

2015: Clemson

2014: Florida State

2013: Florida State, Michigan State

2012: Ohio State (Probation so doesn't include the Big Ten CG)

2011: LSU

2010: Auburn, Oregon, Virginia Tech

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a percentage thing. While Oklahoma is at least 70% likely to win any individual game on their schedule, it stands to reason based on probability that they will slip up at least once.

I doubt before the season started last year you would have picked Auburn to beat Alabama or Kansas St to beat Oklahoma.

Exactly. It's one thing to be favored in every game. It's a very different thing to win all of them.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was talk weeks ago about the Pac looking into an 11 game conf schedule this year. Not just cancelling the OOC, but a rework to have every team play every other team. As much as I hate missing those B1G games, I admit it would be cool to see a true conf slate again even if just for one year.