• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desirability. The nicer a place is or just the availability the more people can ask for their property when they sell it. So it's also Austins residences making money off Californians. To be fair. lol
It's kinda weird though. Growing up here there were always New Yorkers moving here for work and I never said or heard people say that they were screwing up the market. If you make enough and you can pay for it then good for you.
Bro.. My mom bought the house I grew up in (middle and high school) for 92K back in 1991/1992. Her neighbor just sold hers for 412k. Sure my mom is gonna get a grip whenever she sells but she's gonna have to move into a condo or something if she wants to stay in the city limits. Hell I been looking for homes and for the size we are accustomed to, it's looking like we well have to settle for outside the city.. then I look at the woodlands outside Houston and I think we get much better bang for our buck. There is a 2800 sq ft house, with detached garage out back and a swimming pool for 370K.. trying to find that in Austin is like 480k.. I obviously need a raise. Any of you rich CA have a job opening for a medical risk adjuster?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.
Bro.. My mom bought the house I grew up in (middle and high school) for 92K back in 1991/1992. Her neighbor just sold hers for 412k. Sure my mom is gonna get a grip whenever she sells but she's gonna have to move into a condo or something if she wants to stay in the city limits. Hell I been looking for homes and for the size we are accustomed to, it's looking like we well have to settle for outside the city.. then I look at the woodlands outside Houston and I think we get much better bang for our buck. There is a 2800 sq ft house, with detached garage out back and a swimming pool for 370K.. trying to find that in Austin is like 480k.. I obviously need a raise. Any of you rich CA have a job opening for a medical risk adjuster?
lol. Yeah , the house I grew up in was 95K in the 80s and now it's 650k -700k.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dicks Drive Inn is solid, so is the Pick-Quick in Fife. Totally legit walk up joint.

Wendy's, BK, and Md's are all hot garbage.

Sonic used to have good drinks, that's about it.

Wish I had an Arby's closer to home.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dicks Drive Inn is solid, so is the Pick-Quick in Fife. Totally legit walk up joint.

Wendy's, BK, and Md's are all hot garbage.

Sonic used to have good drinks, that's about it.

Wish I had an Arby's closer to home.
Mmmm Arbys. I don;t go often but they got some good sandwiches.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm Arbys. I don;t go often but they got some good sandwiches.
It's probably a good thing I don't have one close because I'd probably have it way too often. WAY better than fast food burger joints.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richmond actually has been good to me and my family well the suburbs have been. But Austin is still the greatest city even tho the Californians have jacked up the housing market

Eh, Austin is a town IMO most rationale people would want to spend as much time as Pullman. It takes a special type of fruit loop to want to stay in Austin as opposed to several more rationale cities in Tejas.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pickwick in Fife used to be decent.

No idea where that is at. The only thing I know about Fife really is the Poodledog but that isn’t a drive in. Buckley has Wally’s but that is like Great Value brand of Drive In’s.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea where that is at. The only thing I know about Fife really is the Poodledog but that isn’t a drive in. Buckley has Wally’s but that is like Great Value brand of Drive In’s.
Pickwick is right down the road (highway 99) from the Poodle Dog. Buckley used to be all about Buzz's drive in back in the day.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pickwick is right down the road (highway 99) from the Poodle Dog. Buckley used to be all about Buzz's drive in back in the day.
70-yr-old PICK-QUICK Drive In could be in Sound Transit's demolition path

_5rStHEHkRNuZBcjQ3pacMI4_CqzLBBUB4AbY2kJDC2Ni0i6-oKz3kC0mlgoRAydHoSh4nzlwps6P-LGxC6c6IPe1fA

Pick-Quick.jpg

5587158233_334303971b_b.jpg

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, Austin is a town IMO most rationale people would want to spend as much time as Pullman. It takes a special type of fruit loop to want to stay in Austin as opposed to several more rationale cities in Tejas.

I will say this...people in Austin do know the difference between rationale and rational.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin is awesome. The bars the restaurants , the river, the art scene. Dallas sucks ass. Boring as hell. Houston is horrible for a good part of the year .So hot and humid. You gotta be a nut to not like Austin

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called the Pick-Quick and has been there forever on hwy 99. Walk up hole in the wall joint that serves old fashioned style burgers.

EDIT. I see he finally got the name right.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called the Pick-Quick and has been there forever on hwy 99. Walk up hole in the wall joint that serves old fashioned style burgers.

EDIT. I see he finally got the name right.

Federal Way or Tacoma side of Fife? I work in Fife by the Port but don’t ever take Pac Highway or I-5.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Federal Way or Tacoma side of Fife? I work in Fife by the Port but don’t ever take Pac Highway or I-5.
Not far from the puyallup river, close to Tacoma. It's not that far of a drive for us from bonney lake

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh? Special fruit loop? I never been to Pullman but this is the first time I've heard it being brought up with Austin. I used to think Austin was just too small and I needed to get the hell out.. Then when I joined the Marines and ended up stationed in Norfolk, VA.. I realized how lucky I was growing up there. Only other city that I enjoyed more was San Diego. Dont get me wrong, LA is cool too but I hated that traffic.. HATED. I had a friend from high school that moved there, she stayed in Santa Monica. She literally would be stuck in her camry for almost 3 hours to commute to her job that should have only taken 20/25 minutes in normal cities lol.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh? Special fruit loop? I never been to Pullman but this is the first time I've heard it being brought up with Austin. I used to think Austin was just too small and I needed to get the hell out.. Then when I joined the Marines and ended up stationed in Norfolk, VA.. I realized how lucky I was growing up there. Only other city that I enjoyed more was San Diego. Dont get me wrong, LA is cool too but I hated that traffic.. HATED. I had a friend from high school that moved there, she stayed in Santa Monica. She literally would be stuck in her camry for almost 3 hours to commute to her job that should have only taken 20/25 minutes in normal cities lol.

That sounds like she liked living in Santa Monica more than she hated the commute. In three hours you should be in Ventura /Cammarillo or even Santa Barbara if you go north or Carlsbad almost San Diego if you go south. Unless you're saying its 3 hours total. Even then you need to either work closer to home or live closer to work (is that the same thing? lol)
I lived in Burbank and worked in Tustin for a while and anyone who knows so cal knows thats a hella commute. But we started early like 550am and got off like 250pm. I have a convertible 5.0 mustang and always had the top down. Loved that drive because I could go 75mph there and 60 back. But traffic has gotten worse for sure.
Fellow jarhead huh. Knew there was something I liked about you. lol. Semper Fi

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds like she liked living in Santa Monica more than she hated the commute. In three hours you should be in Ventura /Cammarillo or even Santa Barbara if you go north or Carlsbad almost San Diego if you go south. Unless you're saying its 3 hours total. Even then you need to either work closer to home or live closer to work (is that the same thing? lol)
I lived in Burbank and worked in Tustin for a while and anyone who knows so cal knows thats a hella commute. But we started early like 550am and got off like 250pm. I have a convertible 5.0 mustang and always had the top down. Loved that drive because I could go 75mph there and 60 back. But traffic has gotten worse for sure.
Fellow jarhead huh. Knew there was something I liked about you. lol. Semper Fi
ohh rah lol

She worked at a place called kelly paper or something.. this was in 2000. First time I went to LA was during the 98 to99 New Year's 96 we had. I had just reported in Camp Pendleton. So 3 other Marines and I figured we would bring 1999 in in LA while a good friend of mine just wanted to hook up with hookers in Tijuana lol.

We stayed at some low down, sketchy motel near sunset. We walked to Fluorentine Gardens on Vine street to party. We got shit faced there even tho we were under age, they saw our Military IDs and just kept serving us. On the way back to the hotel we got mugged.. I thought it was a joke but it was for real.. luckily I spent all my money at the club and they didn't take my Marine Corps West debit card. One of the other Marines told a Sargent when we reported back what happened and we got it bad.."How do 4 US Marines get robbed?!?" good times man, good times.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohh rah lol

She worked at a place called kelly paper or something.. this was in 2000. First time I went to LA was during the 98 to99 New Year's 96 we had. I had just reported in Camp Pendleton. So 3 other Marines and I figured we would bring 1999 in in LA while a good friend of mine just wanted to hook up with hookers in Tijuana lol.

We stayed at some low down, sketchy motel near sunset. We walked to Fluorentine Gardens on Vine street to party. We got shit faced there even tho we were under age, they saw our Military IDs and just kept serving us. On the way back to the hotel we got mugged.. I thought it was a joke but it was for real.. luckily I spent all my money at the club and they didn't take my Marine Corps West debit card. One of the other Marines told a Sargent when we reported back what happened and we got it bad.."How do 4 US Marines get robbed?!?" good times man, good times.
lol. Florentine Gardens was were we all went when we were 18 and over but not 21. They would give you a different wrist band if you were legal to drink.
My son was 20 and would get carded (last year) and like you once they saw he was military most would serve him.