• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The average NFL fan doesn't care where their teams players or fantasy players played college ball.

Wilson and some guy named Amadi have a bet on today's rose bowl. Wouldn't have known really who he was or that he was a duck outside of that.

Marcus Peters and Budda Baker are probably the most visible players. Both made the pro bowl. Still more from UW and more actually starting/contributing than the ducks. That's the point. If you want to make the league you absolutely shouldn't go to ewwgene.

And if you want to beat the Ducks, you absolutely shouldn't go to Seattle.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The average NFL fan doesn't care where their teams players or fantasy players played college ball.

Wilson and some guy named Amadi have a bet on today's rose bowl. Wouldn't have known really who he was or that he was a duck outside of that.

Marcus Peters and Budda Baker are probably the most visible players. Both made the pro bowl. Still more from UW and more actually starting/contributing than the ducks. That's the point. If you want to make the league you absolutely shouldn't go to ewwgene.
Ya a Heisman means nothing. Question was name a player.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 former dawgs were on an NFL roster to start this last season. 21 former ducks.

If you have the goal of going to the NFL as a high school player you honestly want nothing to do with Oregon. They really fail at talent level to NFL conversion. And it's actually astoundingly bad.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at bringing up a heisman player in a discussion about the NFL. Your one heisman player got fucking benched over Ryan freaking Tannehill. BENCHED ffs.

:rofl:

Heisman to NFL bust. Congrats.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't specify college football fan. I said football fan. Say Troy Polamalu and USC or Pittsburgh or both come to mind. I was just trying to think of a Husky player the average football fan would know and Kennedy and Kaufman and Tuiasosopo come to mind but they are from years past 2000.
The ducks have Marriota as someone the average fan would know.
The kid on the Rams Rapp. Is becomeing well known in LA. He had a great year.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 former dawgs were on an NFL roster to start this last season. 21 former ducks.

If you have the goal of going to the NFL as a high school player you honestly want nothing to do with Oregon. They really fail at talent level to NFL conversion. And it's actually astoundingly bad.
If that is your college programs goal so be it. No wonder you have lost 14 of 16 haven’t won a playoff game, haven’t produced a Heisman, only 1 Rose Bowl this decade. But we put in more NFL PLAYERS!!! :L

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at bringing up a heisman player in a discussion about the NFL. Your one heisman player got fucking benched over Ryan freaking Tannehill. BENCHED ffs.

:rofl:

Heisman to NFL bust. Congrats.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Can you believe Cody Kessler and Matt Barkley are still NFL QBs? lol. Is Browning still on a roster?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't specify college football fan. I said football fan. Say Troy Polamalu and USC or Pittsburgh or both come to mind. I was just trying to think of a Husky player the average football fan would know and Kennedy and Kaufman and Tuiasosopo come to mind but they are from years past 2000.
The ducks have Marriota as someone the average fan would know.
The kid on the Rams Rapp. Is becomeing well known in LA. He had a great year.
Yet most wouldn't know he was from UW unless they were die hard college fans.

The point is even household named NFL stars few know where they came from.

As for just known at all, fantasy football has changed that a lot. However, most of UW's NFL studs are on the defense where fantasy players tend to pick an entire defense, not named players. There are a ton of former dogs on defenses as starters tearing up the league though.
Budda Baker, Desmond Trufant (been in the league forever), Byron Murphy, Taylor Rapp, Shaq Thompson, Kevin King, Marcus Peters, Sidney Jones, Danny Shelton, Vita Vea. Those are just the highlights on the D.

But to the original point, doesn't matter how many are household names. The point is if you are a 3 star low 4 star and still have your sights on the league, you really want to go to UW. Oregon would be a bad idea.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for just known at all, fantasy football has changed that a lot. However, most of UW's NFL studs are on the defense where fantasy players tend to pick an entire defense, not named players. There are a ton of former dogs on defenses as starters tearing up the league though.
Budda Baker, Desmond Trufant (been in the league forever), Byron Murphy, Taylor Rapp, Shaq Thompson, Kevin King, Marcus Peters, Sidney Jones, Danny Shelton, Vita Vea. Those are just the highlights on the D.

But to the original point, doesn't matter how many are household names. The point is if you are a 3 star low 4 star and still have your sights on the league, you really want to go to UW. Oregon would be a bad idea.

If you have your sights set on losing to Oregon, you really want to go to UW. No PAC team has a worse win % vs. the Ducks since 2000 than the Huskies.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have your sights set on losing to Oregon, you really want to go to UW. No PAC team has a worse win % vs. the Ducks since 2000 than the Huskies.
It really is amusing this is your only comeback from your fans.

You want to have elite recruiting. No kid coming on a visit cares one bit about which rival you do what with. It has zero impact. Even many kids that really have no shot at the league at least dream of it and want that chance. It gets kids in the door.

There's a reason UW is leading on
2020 Pac-12 Football Team Rankings

But you just keep on trolling up the wrong lane. It's what ducks do. :pound:

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is amusing this is your only comeback from your fans.

You want to have elite recruiting. No kid coming on a visit cares one bit about which rival you do what with. It has zero impact. Even many kids that really have no shot at the league at least dream of it and want that chance. It gets kids in the door.

There's a reason UW is leading on
2020 Pac-12 Football Team Rankings

But you just keep on trolling up the wrong lane. It's what ducks do. :pound:

What was the reason Oregon had a better class than UW in 2019?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the average football fan name any football player from UW from the past 20 years?

Happy New Year! lol

Jake Locker, John Ross, Danny Shelton countless other first round busts

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You keep making my point. Most football fans couldn't tell you what college or what NFL team those players are on. I'm talking Troy Polamalu , Reggie Bush, Matt Lienart, Mark Sanchez , JuJu smith notoriety. I think Rams Robert Woods is more well known than all of them ( the UW players you listed) except for Marcus Peters and I wouldn't include him ( Woods).

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep making my point. Most football fans couldn't tell you what college or what NFL team those players are on. I'm talking Troy Polamalu , Reggie Bush, Matt Lienart, Mark Sanchez , JuJu smith notoriety
And that has zero to do with the points brought up in the first place so congrats? :L

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that has zero to do with the points brought up in the first place so congrats? :L

LOL. I'm the one who asked the original question so I'm pretty sure I know what the main point is and was. You wanna go off on some other tangent talking about fantasy players.