• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair assessment. Though I really doubt they will be worse than last year. I'd venture to say that they will win at least 7 games, most likely 8. But that would probably still be the "death knell" for Helton.

But, IF they can build some good momentum and do well those first 4 games, then they certainly have "a shot" at 9 wins. :noidea:

However after those first 4 games comes @Washington game and then a bye, and then @ND game. THAT should prove interesting! heh heh :nod:
The first half of the schedule looks brutal.

2019 USC Football Schedule | FBSchedules.com

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seeing 8 - 4 and a 2nd place finish in the South behind the Utes. Unless Utah gets hit with the injury bug I don't see anyone in the conference beating them.

I can't say you're wrong . I just think they have way too much talent on the offensive side to lose to some teams. The ineptness of the defense killed them last year and the O line was horrible. I see them being able to score a lot more and if the defense is just a bit better that should get them to min 8 wins. Washington Oregon Notre Dame will be losses . I'm going to the Washington game anyway. lol. Stanford is a toss up.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say you're wrong . I just think they have way too much talent on the offensive side to lose to some teams. The ineptness of the defense killed them last year and the O line was horrible. I see them being able to score a lot more and if the defense is just a bit better that should get them to min 8 wins. Washington Oregon Notre Dame will be losses . I'm going to the Washington game anyway. lol. Stanford is a toss up.
Washington isn't going to do shit this season if they don't get their QB situation taken care of and it's not all on the QB's but more on the shitty QB coaching. Until Petersen goes out and gets a legit OC/QB coach I don't see UW winning a whole lot of big games.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first half of the schedule looks brutal.

2019 USC Football Schedule | FBSchedules.com

Fresno finished 18th in the country
Washington is predicted to win the north
Utah is predicted to win the south
Stanford is Stanford , always a brutal game
and Notre dame who was in the playoff last season
@BYu.

Yeah that's kinda a fucked up way to start a season.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fresno finished 18th in the country
Washington is predicted to win the north
Utah is predicted to win the south
Stanford is Stanford , always a brutal game
and Notre dame who was in the playoff last season
@BYu.

Yeah that's kinda a fucked up way to start a season.
SC should handle Fresno St. easily. They lost a shitload of starters on both sides of the ball.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington isn't going to do shit this season if they don't get their QB situation taken care of and it's not all on the QB's but more on the shitty QB coaching. Until Petersen goes out and gets a legit OC/QB coach I don't see UW winning a whole lot of big games.

I hear ya. It sucks when everyone sees a particular flaw year in and year out and it doesn't get addressed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

USC

Clay Helton: There isn't a more polarizing coach in the Pac-12 at the moment -- and maybe in all of college football, for that matter. On one hand, Helton went 21-6 in 2016 and '17, winning a Rose Bowl and a Pac-12 title. But then he went 5-7 in 2018 and the Trojans played some of the most frustrating, undisciplined football of any team I watched. Like Tom Herman at Texas, Helton is going to rise and fall faster and harder than most coaches simply based on his employer. But heading into 2019, there's no doubt he's on the hot seat.

This seems fair. Going 21-6 his first couple of years was great, but when you look at the 6 losses, they were games against better teams and there was a clear difference in those teams and USC that simply shouldn't exist given the talent USC typically has.

He got a reprieve for a year by changing out most of his staff. If there is significant improvement, he'll be fine. If there isn't, he'll be gone and he should be.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I reluctantly agree. I'm not a big fan of churning through assistant coaches, but Petersen needs to move on from Hamden if Eason doesn't show substantial development from his year at Georgia and if the offense sputters again.

Despite the substantial turnover on defense, it'll be on the offense this year if they want to step up. It's a team sport and if the offense struggles, that puts more pressure on the defense.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and to add to the above post,

I love what Petersen has done at UW, but I really believe he needs to start looking more outside the box with his assistant coaching hires. He's extremely constrained by just going with "his guys" that he has experience working with.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and to add to the above post,

I love what Petersen has done at UW, but I really believe he needs to start looking more outside the box with his assistant coaching hires. He's extremely constrained by just going with "his guys" that he has experience working with.
I want to see Petersen hire Graham Harrell after Helton gets his walking papers.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Petersen hire Graham Harrell after Helton gets his walking papers.

That would be an interesting hire.

Unfortunately I believe that unless the season is a complete disaster, Hamden won't be replaced. If he were to be replaced I have a strong feeling he would just promote Junior Adams.

I know that we Husky fans have a justifiably sour taste in our mouth whenever Steve Sarkisian comes up, and I doubt many would agree with this sentiment but I would've been happy seeing him become offensive coordinator. For all the struggles the Huskies had with Sark I always felt he is a really strong offensive mind.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be an interesting hire.

Unfortunately I believe that unless the season is a complete disaster, Hamden won't be replaced. If he were to be replaced I have a strong feeling he would just promote Junior Adams.

I know that we Husky fans have a justifiably sour taste in our mouth whenever Steve Sarkisian comes up, and I doubt many would agree with this sentiment but I would've been happy seeing him become offensive coordinator. For all the struggles the Huskies had with Sark I always felt he is a really strong offensive mind.
Sark is a cancer imo. For as much as I like coach Carroll, his assistants turned out to be a bunch of no class cvnts.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark is a cancer imo. For as much as I like coach Carroll, his assistants turned out to be a bunch of no class cvnts.

Yeah I definitely understand that sentiment, which is why I mentioned that not many would agree with me on that. I just felt he did a great job with Keith Price at QB who had a ton of limitations. I always felt Jake Locker was really overrated, but he transformed into a much better passer with Sark as HC.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But they proved to be good coordinators or assistants. Not the head guy material but good in the backup role. Kind of like Wade Phillips.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark would be awesome. But no chance it would happen. You don't get hired back at a place you were fired from, and who would take that anyway? And with a demotion at that?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the offense performs well enough and Helton still got fired, I would expect that Harrell would probably become the HC.

Of course, if the offense performs well enough, it probably saves Helton's job.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark would be awesome. But no chance it would happen. You don't get hired back at a place you were fired from, and who would take that anyway? And with a demotion at that?

Yeah, it's too bad too because he would really help you guys a lot.

I've said all along that if I were a head coach of a major program and needed an OC...Lane Kiffin and Sark would be among my first phone calls.

Both were train wrecks as head coaches, but damn good OC's.