• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Big changes to the PAC bowl game lineups, including potential SEC matchups in the Vegas bowl.

Pac-12 (8)
2020-25 lineup:
Rose vs. Big Ten
Alamo vs. Big 12
Las Vegas vs. SEC/Big Ten
Los Angeles vs. Mountain West
Holiday vs. ACC
Redbox vs. Big Ten
Sun vs. ACC
Independence vs. ACC

Changes: The NCAA granted the Pac-12 an additional bowl bid in the new cycle and the Pac-12 is expected to add the Los Angeles Bowl vs. the Mountain West and the Independence Bowl against the ACC. The Pac-12 also will play against either the SEC or the Big Ten in the new Las Vegas Bowl. By adding two bowls, the Pac-12 had to drop one – it’s expected to be the Cheez-It Bowl. The Pac-12 will now have Power 5 opponents in seven of its eight bowls, including three from the ACC and at least two from the Big Ten.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Big changes to the PAC bowl game lineups, including potential SEC matchups in the Vegas bowl.

Pac-12 (8)
2020-25 lineup:
Rose vs. Big Ten
Alamo vs. Big 12
Holiday vs. ACC
Redbox vs. Big Ten
Sun vs. ACC
Independence vs. ACC

Changes: The NCAA granted the Pac-12 an additional bowl bid in the new cycle and the Pac-12 is expected to add the Los Angeles Bowl vs. the Mountain West and the Independence Bowl against the ACC. The Pac-12 also will play against either the SEC or the Big Ten in the new Las Vegas Bowl. By adding two bowls, the Pac-12 had to drop one – it’s expected to be the Cheez-It Bowl. The Pac-12 will now have Power 5 opponents in seven of its eight bowls, including three from the ACC and at least two from the Big Ten.

I'm surprised the new rams stadium can't attract a big game.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised the new rams stadium can't attract a big game.
Maybe a NY6 level type of bowl is in the future, but not bad with starting out with the 4th best bowl with the PAC. Holiday bowl ended up taking a major hit with Vegas and LA getting new world class NFL level stadiums. Sun bowl has taken a hit as well.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a NY6 level type of bowl is in the future, but not bad with starting out with the 4th best bowl with the PAC. Holiday bowl ended up taking a major hit with Vegas and LA getting new world class NFL level stadiums. Sun bowl has taken a hit as well.

Sorry, but a PAC-12 v MWC game is pretty shitty compared to the games hosted by Mercedes Benz Stadium, Cowboys Stadium, etc.

Pony up the dough to get a ACC/SEC/BigXII #3/4 to come over.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but a PAC-12 v MWC game is pretty shitty compared to the games hosted by Mercedes Benz Stadium, Cowboys Stadium, etc.

I'm sure a kickoff classic type of game with two big boys (should obviously be from the PAC) is in works for opening weekend at the LA stadium. That would be a no-brainer. Now the PAC won't have to travel to what amounts to a tSEC home game at Mercedes.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see. Maybe more guys are starting to buy in to what Helton and the coaches are doing?

There have been some pretty positive changes, imo. I'm sure playing in the "Air Raid" system doesn't hurt as far as the receivers are concerned either. lol

That's the reason. The offense under Tee was not attractive to these WRs. God help teams if the O line can actually give the QB time. This is a really great WR unit and easily the most talented WR unit in the PAC .

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see. Maybe more guys are starting to buy in to what Helton and the coaches are doing?

There have been some pretty positive changes, imo. I'm sure playing in the "Air Raid" system doesn't hurt as far as the receivers are concerned either. lol
Helton may still be on the hot seat this year, but I'm expecting an improved USC team this year. I'm so glad we finally get to play USC again this year and while it's in our house, I won't be taking anything for granted as the talent level at USC is always there.
He's probably getting fired unless they find a way to win at least 9 games, but still see USC as being a dangerous opponent that will challenge for the south crown this year.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pac-12 (8)
2020-25 lineup:
Rose vs. Big Ten
Alamo vs. Big 12
Holiday vs. ACC
Redbox vs. Big Ten
Sun vs. ACC
Independence vs. ACC

the way i read it back when it was first announced was it wasnt a SEC or Big Ten so much as both affiliated and having 3 appearances each across 6 years.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pac has played MW cham since 2001 in Vegas. the 2 have a big brother little brother relationship but like only 1 year or 2 apart where little brother bests big brother sometimes.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helton may still be on the hot seat this year, but I'm expecting an improved USC team this year. I'm so glad we finally get to play USC again this year and while it's in our house, I won't be taking anything for granted as the talent level at USC is always there.
He's probably getting fired unless they find a way to win at least 9 games, but still see USC as being a dangerous opponent that will challenge for the south crown this year.
If SC doesn't win the PAC12, I think he's gone. After the Rose Bowl win against Penn St., we have slid backwards, and that doesn't work at SC. A 9-3 season is not going to save his job

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If SC doesn't win the PAC12, I think he's gone. After the Rose Bowl win against Penn St., we have slid backwards, and that doesn't work at SC. A 9-3 season is not going to save his job
What happens if USC wins the South. Lose the PAC Championship game by a bad call. But win in impressive fashion in their bowl game?