• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

I knew you wouldn't just take the L.

I haven't argued a different point. What I find hilarious is that you think I'm arguing a different point.

You're wrong. It's really that simple.
reading comprehension
you guys strated at the same point but now your arguments and socals arguments are different.
i never said you changed your argument

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jim has though because now he isnt just fixed on 18 year olds but rather changing ones mind no matter what age which is what i argued from the get go that 18 year olds are no more likely than the rest of us to change their mind.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

I knew you wouldn't just take the L.

I haven't argued a different point. What I find hilarious is that you think I'm arguing a different point.

You're wrong. It's really that simple.
there is no L to take.
and im not.
Jim despite arguing with me is now making my point for me

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats not what it says. making decisions differntly is not the same as making a decision and changing it.

Yes, it actually is. Indecision is part of their different process. It's hilarious that you think that you and some friends doing things differently means everyone else did things the same way.

"Gee, me and my friends didn't do it that way. So that means the entire rest of the world doesn't either.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it actually is. Indecision is part of their different process. It's hilarious that you think that you and some friends doing things differently means everyone else did things the same way.

"Gee, me and my friends didn't do it that way. So that means the entire rest of the world doesn't either.
no it means their reasons are different. younger people see things differently. different things have different value in life. it doesnt make them more indecisive. or more likely to change their mind.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about this the number of recruits that commit to all the schools in a given year what % decommit or reopen their recruitment vs how many commit and sign?
more stay than change.
and that doesnt factor in those that change for reasons like coaches leaving or something.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about this the number of recruits that commit to all the schools in a given year what % decommit or reopen their recruitment vs how many commit and sign?
more stay than change.
and that doesnt factor in those that change for reasons like coaches leaving or something.

Because the NCAA doesn't like it when they do that and makes it hard for them. You pretty much gotta be a star player from a big time school to do this. Try being a second string punter from Akron and try to transfer or change your commitment without losing a year and see how far he gets. But Tate Martell can because he has lawyers ready to sue the NCAA and Ohio State if they didn't allow it. It doesn't mean there aren't more who would if they thought they could. Like I said . 80% of college grads had a change in their major. Which means they didn't go through and finish the major they thought they wanted at 17 when they applied and at 21 they had a different view. If they could change schools as easy as they can change majors there would be so much movement it would be crazy.
You should just stop. You're looking like an idiot here.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could list people i know that also did this. i dont believe that you statement that most dont is actually a fact as much as an opinion. fact is, i know a lot of people that did it this way. fact is, i have many in my family that have done this. fact is, i have a lot of friends that have done this. fact is, i have a lot of coworkers that have done this.
see i can say fact is too.
Fact is about 2/3 of highschool grads end up going to some kind of college and just around 1/3 of adults over 25 have a college degree or higher.

So the fact is the majority of kids at 18 don't end up where they thought they would unless your opinion is a whole lot of kids knew they wouldn't reach higher levels in life leading up to college age and were aware they were going to drop out or not go on to try at all.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fwiw, about 1/3 of all kids who enter school for a degree change their major at least once. At least according to one study that followed all kids entering both 2 year and 4 year programs in 2011/2012. 52% of math majors change, go figure.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fwiw, about 1/3 of all kids who enter school for a degree change their major at least once. At least according to one study that followed all kids entering both 2 year and 4 year programs in 2011/2012. 52% of math majors change, go figure.

Many don't declare (undecided) a major till the end of their sophomore year. Can you believe it? A kid not knowing exactly what he wants to do (study) before he starts college and even after his second year.
After working on aircraft in the Marines.I thought I wanted to be an aircraft mechanic. Even took classes while in the Marines for my license. After getting out (military life not for me) I worked in aerospace and after realizing I really liked making things I ended up going to The Art Center in Pasadena and began designing and making furniture for movies and TV shows and later started my company that does iron work for designers and architects in custom homes and commercial projects.

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many don't declare (undecided) a major till the end of their sophomore year. Can you believe it? A kid not knowing exactly what he wants to do (study) before he starts college and even after his second year.
After working on aircraft in the Marines.I thought I wanted to be an aircraft mechanic. Even took classes while in the Marines for my license. After getting out (military life not for me) I worked in aerospace and after realizing I really liked making things I ended up going to The Art Center in Pasadena and began designing and making furniture for movies and TV shows and later started my company that does iron work for designers and architects in custom homes and commercial projects.
Given that more than half of kids that go to college fail to get a degree and 1/3 of grads change their major at least once, it's obvious it is a minority that see things through from pre 18 to graduation. Oly's just being Oly on this one. :noidea:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than 1 in 3 people with college degrees have a career inside their field of study. All humans change their minds, but facts illustrate the younger the person the more often they change. It's called life!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...r-major/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9c3858639c08
not getting a job in your field of study isnt exactly changing ones mind. sometimes other opportunities present themselves.
All humans change their minds. thats what i have been saying from the start. I dont believe younger people do it more than older people. i work with both every day and see it pretty equally.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that more than half of kids that go to college fail to get a degree and 1/3 of grads change their major at least once, it's obvious it is a minority that see things through from pre 18 to graduation. Oly's just being Oly on this one. :noidea:
failing to get a degree isnt changing ones mind. half the people that fail to get a degree doesnt mean they did so at 18. changing major at least once while in college again doesnt mean at 18. this has been the point the whole time.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not getting a job in your field of study isnt exactly changing ones mind. sometimes other opportunities present themselves.
All humans change their minds. thats what i have been saying from the start. I dont believe younger people do it more than older people. i work with both every day and see it pretty equally.

So you went on a rant telling us how you knew what you wanted at 17 and have never changed your mind and how everyone in your family has never changed their minds and every person you know hasn't changed their minds.
To all humans change their minds. LOL
Younger people are more able to change their minds and they are more inclined to change their minds because they haven't settled into a carrier and a lifestyle (job, marriage,kids, responsibilities). When grown ass men make radical changes it's called mid life crisis. When an 18 year old decides he'd like to change his major or move closer to home it's called being a kid. We make a big deal of it because it's a good player going from one program to another but he's still a kid.

Last edited:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you went on a rant telling us how you knew what you wanted at 17 and have never changed your mind and how everyone in your family has never changed their minds and every person you know hasn't changed their minds.
To all humans change their minds. LOL
Younger people are more able to change their minds and they are more inclined to change their minds because they haven't settled into a carrier and a lifestyle (job, marriage,kids, responsibilities). When grown ass men make radical changes it's called mid life crisis. When an 18 year old decides he'd like to change his major or move closer to home it's called being a kid. We make a big deal of it because it's a good player going from one program to another but he's still a kid.
No you did.
ive made the argument from the get go that 18 year olds are no more or less likely than anyone else to change their mind about anything.
there was no rant.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree. I'm glad he's coming back. He's an 18 year old kid, so indecision kind of comes with the territory.

Having sais that, if I were Helton, I'd have some serious questions for him before I agreed to take him back.

when i was 18 i chose a college and a major and stuck with it. never wavered. i dont think being 18 makes one more probable to be indecisive.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys are too busy arguing trying to be right you don't even stop and look at whats acutually being argued.