• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't tell you how many times we were in the stands and people where calling the next play correctly. It was no wonder other teams with players not as big or fast looked better The halftime adjustments (if they did any) were horrible.

Yeah, I just looked at the 7 losses and USC had the lead at some point in 6 of those games. 3 times they led 14-0 at one point in the game and another they led 10-0 at one point in the game.

That speaks to teams adjusting to what they were doing and them not adjusting back or, maybe more importantly, not anticipating a teams adjustments and staying ahead of them.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just looked at the 7 losses and USC had the lead at some point in 6 of those games. 3 times they led 14-0 at one point in the game and another they led 10-0 at one point in the game.

That speaks to teams adjusting to what they were doing and them not adjusting back or, maybe more importantly, not anticipating a teams adjustments and staying ahead of them.

That's why Ive got some hope for this season. Not like 11 win hope but at least 9 win hope because say what you will they still have a lot of talent especially on the offensive side. If the new OC can do his thing then USC should be hard to stop on offense. And from the looks of it the Trojans are going to need points a plenty to win. The depth in the secondary is not there.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why Ive got some hope for this season. Not like 11 win hope but at least 9 win hope because say what you will they still have a lot of talent especially on the offensive side. If the new OC can do his thing then USC should be hard to stop on offense. And from the looks of it the Trojans are going to need points a plenty to win. The depth in the secondary is not there.
I could see 9 on that schedule. At ND, but after a bye, Utah and Stanford both at home and early in the season. Kind of weird in this era to see a team with 6 home and 6 road games, but it's not murderers row on most of those road games. If they'd stop stepping on their own dicks they have a schedule they can do some damage to.

But that last week bye again. :L The fuck is Scott doing? :noidea: That's the second time in like 3 years right?
Everyone else in the league has two legit byes this year with the schedule change. You know, byes with an actual game the week after. USC is the only team that gets fucked with that.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see 9 on that schedule. At ND, but after a bye, Utah and Stanford both at home and early in the season. Kind of weird in this era to see a team with 6 home and 6 road games, but it's not murderers row on most of those road games. If they'd stop stepping on their own dicks they have a schedule they can do some damage to.

But that last week bye again. :L The fuck is Scott doing? :noidea: That's the second time in like 3 years right?
Everyone else in the league has two legit byes this year with the schedule change. You know, byes with an actual game the week after. USC is the only team that gets fucked with that.

I haven't really looked at the schedule except the beginning sucks big time again I've heard . lol. I certainly didn't know they play 6 home 6 road. How many teams in the country have the same home games as road games? I bet no SEC teams.lol. And again they get the bye at the end? Fuck man. If they don't get to the conference championship game that means USC really didn't have a bye except to prepare for a bowl game if they get one. lol

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't really looked at the schedule except the beginning sucks big time again I've heard . lol. I certainly didn't know they play 6 home 6 road. How many teams in the country have the same home games as road games? I bet no SEC teams.lol. And again they get the bye at the end? Fuck man. If they don't get to the conference championship game that means USC really didn't have a bye except to prepare for a bowl game if they get one. lol
This year every team has two byes so it's not the same as a couple of years ago when they basically did 12 straight. USC plays 5 games, has a bye after the road game against UW, then goes to ND to start 7 straight.

USC also has two back to back road games once, and in fact it's 3 out of 4 weeks on the road. As well as a couple of Friday night games. One of those is Utah at home early in the season.

It's not an ideal schedule, but there are a few teams that would trade.

If USC can find a way to hold leads they could still do at least 9 wins on that slate. I mean let's face it, the Pac is still largely a complete and total fucking dumpster fire. And while Utah's schedule is almost a joke, I'd still like USC's chances more if they can just stay competent on offense.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year every team has two byes so it's not the same as a couple of years ago when they basically did 12 straight. USC plays 5 games, has a bye after the road game against UW, then goes to ND to start 7 straight.

USC also has two back to back road games once, and in fact it's 3 out of 4 weeks on the road. As well as a couple of Friday night games. One of those is Utah at home early in the season.

If USC can find a way to hold leads they could still do at least 9 wins on that slate. I mean let's face it, the Pac is still largely a complete and total fucking dumpster fire. And while Utah's schedule is almost a joke, I'd still like USC's chances more if they can just stay competent on offense.

Apparently, they are going to simplify the schemes a bit so the kids can play faster and are focusing on discipline to cut penalties and turnovers.

One of the the biggest problem last year, imo, was the inability to make in game adjustments. Not halftime, but the ones teams have to make on the sidelines.

There were quite a few games last year where they would come out at the start of the game or start of the 3rd quarter looking like they coulod be a playoff team.

Then, the opponent would start adjusting and shut down the offense and we'd keep running the same schemes and plays.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the the biggest problem last year, imo, was the inability to make in game adjustments. Not halftime, but the ones teams have to make on the sidelines.
Yeah, I read you talking about that a few days ago.

And welcome to our world. :tsk:

Love what Petersen has brought to Montlake, but so far in his tenure he hasn't had a competent OC and I hold no illusions that is going to change this year. My best hope is Hamdan continues to improve and they jump up enough in overall talent to get better on offense in spite of not having a real field general calling plays.

UW's schedule also sets up to help overcome what should still be less than an ideal situation on offense.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Friday night road game in Utah or Oregon State is just bad for any USC team including when Pete was running things. At least this ones is at home. There's a reason other conferences don't do this. Fucking horrible scheduling. Ridiculous.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I read you talking about that a few days ago.

And welcome to our world. :tsk:

Love what Petersen has brought to Montlake, but so far in his tenure he hasn't had a competent OC and I hold no illusions that is going to change this year. My best hope is Hamdan continues to improve and they jump up enough in overall talent to get better on offense in spite of not having a real field general calling plays.

UW's schedule also sets up to help overcome what should still be less than an ideal situation on offense.

I've never been a fan of a head coach handling OC or DC responsibilities.There is just too much going on in a game that he has to keep track of to also be calling plays, etc.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see the possibility of 9 wins for the Trojans, but I don't expect Notre Dame to be one of them. Getting Stanford at home early in the season is a bonus, and so is having an extra day to prepare for a road game at Washington. But, on the other side of the coin, I can see potential stumbling blocks in road trips to BYU & Cal, and possibly in their opener against Fresno St.

The Trojans could repeat their 5-7 mark from a year ago just as easily as they might go 9-3. I'm not a big believer in Helton's coaching ability, so I'm thinking 7-5 is their most likely finish.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the possibility of 9 wins for the Trojans, but I don't expect Notre Dame to be one of them. Getting Stanford at home early in the season is a bonus, and so is having an extra day to prepare for a road game at Washington. But, on the other side of the coin, I can see potential stumbling blocks in road trips to BYU & Cal, and possibly in their opener against Fresno St.

The Trojans could repeat their 5-7 mark from a year ago just as easily as they might go 9-3. I'm not a big believer in Helton's coaching ability, so I'm thinking 7-5 is their most likely finish.
Oh for sure I want counting ND as a win. I was pointing out the challenges and wasn't seeing enough of them to question one of their posters 9-3 mark. I too could see 7 or 8 wins if they continue to waste early leads and find ways to lose like they have in recent years.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure I want counting ND as a win. I was pointing out the challenges and wasn't seeing enough of them to question one of their posters 9-3 mark. I too could see 7 or 8 wins if they continue to waste early leads and find ways to lose like they have in recent years.
Sounds like Vegas has the over under for USC at 8.5 so I wasn't far off with my expectations.

PSUTE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I'd add this as food for thought before the conference tournament...

Just to make this clear the UofU swept all the Pac-12 California schools in Basketball AND Football. (didn't play Cal in football)

UCLA MBBx2 & FB
USC MBBx2 & FB
Stanford MBB & FB
Cal MBB

9-0 over the two revenue sports.

Of course, UCLA beat Utah in Women's Gymnastics, which is a revenue sport for Utah...

Yes, at the end of the day I'm a homer, not a conference honk...

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Vegas has the over under for USC at 8.5 so I wasn't far off with my expectations.
i was thinking 7 or 8
quite a few teams with enough questions along with USC themselves

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I'd add this as food for thought before the conference tournament...

Just to make this clear the UofU swept all the Pac-12 California schools in Basketball AND Football. (didn't play Cal in football)

UCLA MBBx2 & FB
USC MBBx2 & FB
Stanford MBB & FB
Cal MBB

9-0 over the two revenue sports.

Of course, UCLA beat Utah in Women's Gymnastics, which is a revenue sport for Utah...

Yes, at the end of the day I'm a homer, not a conference honk...
we all are unless its coming from outside the conference against the conference. if its against a specific school, meh depends on the facts.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was thinking 7 or 8
quite a few teams with enough questions along with USC themselves

There's so much shit thats gone on at USC with players and coaches in the past two season I feel like I can't keep up with the team let alone know anything about other teams in the PAC.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should have been doing this from Day 1. Now it has to continue and show on the field".
Yes, but will it make a difference in the end?

Sounds to me, like the bell could have been struck too late IYO. No?