• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon to expand alcohol sales during Ducks football games

BackDrop-Distilling-Welcome-To-Eugene-Oregon-Vodka_large.jpg

Beer and wine your picture is invalid

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 Regular Season Win Totals: Ranking & Predicting The Best Bets By Conference

Pac-12
The win totals are out from the Westgate Las Vegas Superbook. The projected totals are based on regular season games only, and not conference championships or bowl appearances.

The rankings are based on projected safest and most confident investment calls and predictions to the least confident.

1. USC 8.5
CFN Preseason Win Projection: 10
The Trojans will be undervalued because of the losses in the offensive backfield. The defense will take care of things on the way to a ten-win run, but that includes a projected win at Texas.
CFN 2018 USC Preview

2. Arizona 7.5
CFN Preseason Win Projection: 9
The Wildcats have to own Tucson, but they’ll have too much explosion not to blow past the 7.5.
CFN 2018 Arizona Preview

3. UCLA 5.5
CFN Preseason Win Projection: 6
Really? … REALLY? Chip Kelly isn’t going to get this team to six wins and a bowl? It’ll be dicey if the Bruins lost to Fresno State, but they’ll find a way to get over the 5.5.
CFN 2018 UCLA Preview

4. Cal 5.5
The team is too experienced and the coaching staff too good to not get to a bowl game. It’ll be tough over the second half, though.
CFN 2018 Cal Preview

5. Oregon State 2.5
CFN Preseason Win Projection: 4
Over, over, over. The Beavers will beat Southern Utah and they should win at Nevada. They’ll pull off at least one Pac-12 win, too.
CFN 2018 Oregon State Preview

6. Utah 7
CFN Preseason Win Projection: 8
And the eight-win projection might be way too low. Start with wins over Weber State, at Northern Illinois and BYU, and just assume the team will be good enough to win at least four Pac-12 games.
CFN 2018 Utah Preview

CFN Preview 2018: Pac-12 Preview
7. Stanford 8.5
There are way too many losable Pac-12 games, there’s the trip to Notre Dame, and there’s the opener against San Diego State. The Cardinal will be good, but there are four losses coming.
CFN 2018 Stanford Preview

8. Colorado 5
CFN Preseason Win Projection: 5
It’ll all come down to the finishing kick against Utah and at Cal to go over. The Buffs will lose both.
CFN 2018 Colorado Preview

9. Oregon 8.5
Oregon has the talent to get to nine wins, but can it beat the good teams this year? The schedule works out well to get over.
CFN 2018 Oregon Preview

10. Washington 10
CFN Preseason Win Projection: 11
It all comes down to the opener against Auburn. If you think the Huskies will pull off the win, they’ll get to 11. The under is the far safer play, though.
CFN 2018 Washington Preview

11. Washington State 6
It’s all about the opener at Wyoming. Pick the Cowboys, and Wazzu will have a hard time getting to six. This is a bit of a rebuilding season.
CFN 2018 Washington State Preview

12. Arizona State 4.5
Yuck … stay away from this one. The Sun Devils have road games at San Diego State, Washington, USC, Oregon and Arizona, and home dates against Michigan State, Stanford, Utah and UCLA. There’s too much risk with the 4.5.
CFN 2018 Arizona State Preview

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 Regular Season Win Totals: Ranking & Predicting The Best Bets By Conference

Pac-12
The win totals are out from the Westgate Las Vegas Superbook. The projected totals are based on regular season games only, and not conference championships or bowl appearances.

The rankings are based on projected safest and most confident investment calls and predictions to the least confident.

1. USC 8.5
CFN Preseason Win Projection: 10
The Trojans will be undervalued because of the losses in the offensive backfield. The defense will take care of things on the way to a ten-win run, but that includes a projected win at Texas.
CFN 2018 USC Preview

2. Arizona 7.5
CFN Preseason Win Projection: 9
The Wildcats have to own Tucson, but they’ll have too much explosion not to blow past the 7.5.
CFN 2018 Arizona Preview

3. UCLA 5.5
Really? … REALLY? Chip Kelly isn’t going to get this team to six wins and a bowl? It’ll be dicey if the Bruins lost to Fresno State, but they’ll find a way to get over the 5.5.
CFN 2018 UCLA Preview

4. Cal 5.5
The team is too experienced and the coaching staff too good to not get to a bowl game. It’ll be tough over the second half, though.
CFN 2018 Cal Preview

5. Oregon State 2.5
Over, over, over. The Beavers will beat Southern Utah and they should win at Nevada. They’ll pull off at least one Pac-12 win, too.
CFN 2018 Oregon State Preview

I do appreciate these posts about the PAC-12 you make.

6. Utah 7
And the eight-win projection might be way too low. Start with wins over Weber State, at Northern Illinois and BYU, and just assume the team will be good enough to win at least four Pac-12 games.
CFN 2018 Utah Preview

CFN Preview 2018: Pac-12 Preview
7. Stanford 8.5
There are way too many losable Pac-12 games, there’s the trip to Notre Dame, and there’s the opener against San Diego State. The Cardinal will be good, but there are four losses coming.
CFN 2018 Stanford Preview

8. Colorado 5
It’ll all come down to the finishing kick against Utah and at Cal to go over. The Buffs will lose both.
CFN 2018 Colorado Preview

9. Oregon 8.5
Oregon has the talent to get to nine wins, but can it beat the good teams this year? The schedule works out well to get over.
CFN 2018 Oregon Preview

10. Washington 10
CFN Preseason Win Projection: 11
It all comes down to the opener against Auburn. If you think the Huskies will pull off the win, they’ll get to 11. The under is the far safer play, though.
CFN 2018 Washington Preview

11. Washington State 6
It’s all about the opener at Wyoming. Pick the Cowboys, and Wazzu will have a hard time getting to six. This is a bit of a rebuilding season.
CFN 2018 Washington State Preview

12. Arizona State 4.5
Yuck … stay away from this one. The Sun Devils have road games at San Diego State, Washington, USC, Oregon and Arizona, and home dates against Michigan State, Stanford, Utah and UCLA. There’s too much risk with the 4.5.
CFN 2018 Arizona State Preview

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think they are giving Utah enough credit this year. I honestly think Utah will win a game or two that they aren’t favored in. Across the board that is. The way the game ended in Washington last year
And neither Utah and U$c have never lost to each other at home. And they visit Saltlake. It will be interesting with U$c. They visit late October the 20th
Most are picking Utah to win the south so I'm not sure how much more credit they can give.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most are picking Utah to win the south so I'm not sure how much more credit they can give.

Hmm welp from what AG
has posted on here and what I’ve seen, they are picked for 2nd in the south. But what I was referring to is, the depth Utah has. My point was Utah has some very good players. So that’s what I meant when I said
Across the board. I think this team with the players they have is Utah’s best chance to win the South. It’s this year. But ya I’d like to see who has picked Utah to win the South I’d like to read thier articles.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't seen anyone pick Utah to win the south. I've seen plenty give them a chance with USC question mark at QB. Utahs a tough team at home. thats a scary game for USC.

RoyUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 71,368.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think they are giving Utah enough credit this year. I honestly think Utah will win a game or two that they aren’t favored in. Across the board that is. The way the game ended in Washington last year
And neither Utah and U$c have never lost to each other at home. And they visit Saltlake. It will be interesting with U$c. They visit late October the 20th

Utah lost at home to USC in '12. They definitely have a shot to knockoff both the Trojans and Huskies there this year though.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media hasn't done anything close to a good job of predicting the South as it is.

Washington picked as Pac-12 favorite in preseason media poll

Since going to 12 teams, the worst the media has done in picking the North's first place finisher is a preseason second place prediction. That is, their #2 actually won it. That has happened in 5 of the 7 seasons so they have only predicted first place accurately twice. To be fair, two of those seasons had ties and the tiebreaker went to the predicted 2nd place finisher so they aren't that far off.

The South is entirely a different critter. They have twice nailed it just like the North. Both times they predicted USC and they delivered. The other 5 years it was the: 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 4th, and 6th place predicted finisher that won the South. Trying to predict the South finish order has turned out more futile than trying to herd cats. Their predicted 1st place finishers have done no worse than 2nd in 6 of the years with UCLA ending up tied for 4th as their only true whiff. That was the 2016 season that saw their predicted last place finisher (Colorado) actually winning the damned thing.

While all divisions across P5's feed on their own to some degree, I doubt any other division outside of the Pac12 South does a more complete job of cock blocking each other.

If you just look at first place votes it looks like the media is mostly on board for USC with 22 to Utah's 14. But the overall point total is just 225 to 209 so Utah is getting plenty of respect from the conference media representatives.

FWIW I'm taking USC for the South. I can't buy into Utah until they at some point end up at or above expectations. Too many years of falling short. Same reason I stopped picking ASU when the media was high on them after repeated disappointing seasons. Utah finished tied for first in 2015, but lost the head to head to USC and ended up second. That was the year Sark was the USC head coach and got fired or suspended mid season and the wheels came off the bus. Total self destruction by USC and they STILL finished ahead of a fairly solid Utah team.

Until Wittingham actually puts a full 12 games together at the expected level I won't ever bet on them.

And before Utah fans get all indignant, I'm for sure not saying they suck or aren't stacked for some major upsets. After the Auburn game, UW's game at Utah is the next biggest concern of a game going into this season IMO. It's setup perfectly for Utah. Early game at home and no other real challenges before that game so they can keep a ton of their playbook in their back pocket going into it. I simply won't trust them to do it EVERY week like what is needed to win that division until I see it. USC has too much talent up and down the roster and a history of doing enough to win that division to ignore.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah lost at home to USC in '12. They definitely have a shot to knockoff both the Trojans and Huskies there this year though.

Agree. I think the USC/Utah game will decide the South.

I think USC will win, because it'll be their 7th game of the season, so the quarterback should be acclimated.

But I wouldn't even be a little bit surprised to see Utah win.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4* ILB/Athlete

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA recruiting dead period is coming to an end. Coaches can start contacting recruits and commits again. Offers can also go out as well.

Oh and there appears to be this thing called fall camps starting up this weekend

and-so-it-begins-gif.gif