• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Oregon and Zona go really far in the tourney next year. And I believe they will. That is as long as they don't run into old uncle Bucky.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Oregon and Zona go really far in the tourney next year. And I believe they will. That is as long as they don't run into old uncle Bucky.

Thanks. I'm a Bucky fan myself so I always root for Wisconsin. That's why the Elite 8 this season was so hard to watch.

Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Gordon is gone. What about Johnson…?

Good to see another grateful red.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU's Shaq McKissic granted 6th year of eligibility... My guess is he will be ASU's most important player.

Forever

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,681.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson fired from Oregon St. yesterday...not too big of a surprise, but later than expected. And Oregon just had Dotson, Artis, and Austin suspended for alleged r*pe charges. Not good for Oregon, especially with an alleged crime like that. I was hoping Artis transferred to Cal as we needed a PG, but i think this just about seals his fate. Too bad

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad Dwindidle declared for the draft. He would have made CU a whole lot better then they were this past season.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could potentially be another down year for the PAC. Looks like ZONA's gonna be holdin' it down alone again.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we'll see. You never know. With those three gone from Oregon, it'll make it tough for Altman to get the guns in this season to make another wave in Eugene. I really thought they were going to be a definite 2nd place team next year. UCLA took about an equal hit with Adams, Anderson, and Levine gone. Add to that them losing the Wear twins, and they look pretty depleted. Stanford and CU also took some hits, but not as much. Same with Cal. And of course, ASU is completely void of talent, again. I think UW only lost Wilcox, and I think Utah returns everyone. OSU, WSU, and USC are all still going to be weak.

I think that AZ will be further separated from the Pac next year. They won the Pac by 3 games last season, and will probably win it by at least that next season. The only thing I can think of, is a team like CU also beating up on everyone, and that might make the race at the top closer.

I know it's only May, so this might change, but this is how I see next year shaking out.

Tier 1
AZ

Tier 2
CU
Utah

Tier 3
Cal
UW
Oregon
UCLA
Stanford

Tier 4
USC
ASU
WSU
OSU

I think that AZ, CU, and Utah get into the dance. I think that only one or two teams out of the 3rd tier make it. My guess is maybe UW if they are healthy, and a Bay area school.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like you guys predicted ASU to be bottom feeders this past season. Watch ASU finish higher and I will watch you eat crow.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like you guys predicted ASU to be bottom feeders this past season. Watch ASU finish higher and I will watch you eat crow.

We actually never thought ASU would be bottom feeders last year. Our fans are smarter than that... we may hate ASU, but when they are somewhat talented (which is rare) we give them their due. Last year I picked them to finish 6th in the Pac and this year I think they finish 10th.

There's just not enough talent on that roster, don't be a homer!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally, I thought ASU underperformed last season. I had them as the pac 12's dark horse at the start of the season. I thought Carson and Bachynski we're going to be a tough duo to deal with and make some noise in the pac 12. bachinsky was your most consistent player. Next season, I have ASU towards the bottom of the pac.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hahahaha, Fork. You bum. "Whaaaaaaaa, everyone hates ASU, whaaaaaa:bawling:

Cry me a fucking river. I said from the very beginning last year that ASU was right on the fringe of making it to the dance, and that their biggest weakness was their bench. And guess what, they barely squeaked in, the lowest of the Pac seeds (Stanford was also a 10 seed, but in the better bracket). And then they promptly lost, and that was the story of them. I was completely right with my preseason picks. I said that they would be fighting for the last ticket to dance. I never said one way or another that they would go (regardless of how much Jahii baited me to), because it was too close to call. Most of us called exactly what happened.

Now, to this year. Unless Herb gets some serious transfers, ASU is going to have a rough season. I don't know how you can predict anything different. I'm not sure what their OCC looks like, and the Pac will be down this season, but they are not going to make the dance. As a matter of fact, they are going to battling to even get to .500 (and just might get there, only because the Pac will be weak next year). McKissic was granted his 11th year of eligibility. That's great for you guys, nothing like having a 30 year-old on the team. You guys are like the secular BYU. Again, how are you going to replace your top 3 scorers (60% of your ppg), 3 of your top 5 rebounders (40% of your rpg), and your top 2 in assists (50% of your apg)? Because I would love to know. Because seriously, those 4 (Carson, Marshall, Bach, and I'll throw Edwards in there just for fucks) ate up half of your minutes.

I see your rotation looking something like this:

PG Robinson
SG McKissic
SF Sai
PF Gilling
PF Jacobsen

Barnes, Egor, and Murray, for your backcourt rotation (should be decent), but what about your bigs? You have no size anywhere. Gilling will probably be your starting PF at 6'7" 220 (which is okay, I guess). And you are probably going to be starting Jacobsen at a big PF at 6'10" 250 (alright, although I wonder how many boards he's good for). But then who comes in for those guys, and Sai? You don't even have another guy on your team who is 6'6". Kearney? Okay, I'll give you Kearney, coming in for Sai. And then....? Looks like you have ol Conner McDougall coming in. He's 6'8" 220. Apparently he is the #61 C(?). Is he going to contribute? And it looks like you have another freshman, "Slick" Willie Atwood at 6'7" 190. He's listed as a SF, but you might have to slide the giant over to give Gilling a rest. How's that tall drink of water going to do pounding down low with guys who are 2-3 inches taller, with 30-40 lbs on him?

So maybe those are your bench guys: Barnes, Egor, Murray, Kearney, Atwood, and McDougall. My bad Fork, you're right, I don't know what I was thinking. You guys should be fine. Their won't be any drop off from that stellar starting lineup next year. Shouldn't skip a beat!

As it stands, everyone you have coming back for your potential rotation averaged 26.9 ppg (34% ppg), 20.2 rpg (40% rpg), and 8 apg, (55% apg). There is so much to make up there. After McKissic, you have nothing. Nothing wrong with taking an objective look at the numbers, and calling it what it is. ASU is going to be lucky to sniff the top half of the Pac next year.

Are you seeing something that we are not???

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKissic was granted his 11th year of eligibility. That's great for you guys, nothing like having a 30 year-old on the team.

Hahahahaha KILLED IT! I'm dying laughing over here.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DS could be had for 700K/year, but looks like State may be after a bigger fish in the pond.

UCLA's ex big Benner wanted the moon dollar wise and the Beaver AD aint buyin his sales pitch.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DS could be had for 700K/year, but looks like State may be after a bigger fish in the pond.

UCLA's ex big Benner wanted the moon dollar wise and the Beaver AD aint buyin his sales pitch.

Whew, hopefully Damon stays at AZ!!!