• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, but they have 4 wins that are better than Arizona's best win.

Meh, I'd say 3. But that's not important, the losses to UCSB and Oakland are the types of losses that outweigh those wins.

Plus the only ranked opponent you played beat you by 33. I'm not saying Washington isn't talented, but they need to be more consistent. Kind of what you expect from a young team. I think by next year if this team keeps gelling they'll be a real problem.

Hell, if they start showing up every night this year and get hot at the right time they could be a problem this year. Andrews is a beast.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me, or is the Pac 12 going to be even better next year?

Washington - 5 of their 7 best players are Freshman, they lose Andrews but bring in a McDonald's AA to replace him. Washington will be super talented next year.
USC - Top 8 players, no seniors
Arizona - Lose Zeus, Tollefsen, Anderson and York, but all of those are replaceable pieces and they will bring in a top class like ususal
UCLA - Only lose Parker, but bring in a top 5 class.
Oregon - Lose Cook and Benjamin, bring in a solid class
Stanford - Only lose Allen
Oregon State - Losing GP Jr. is a huge loss, but they have a lot of talented freshman.
Colorado - Really only lose Scott, but get Xzvier Johnson back next year
ASU - Year #2 w/Hurley

Really only Utah and Cal will probably take a step back next year, and even that's dependent on losing guys early to the draft(which I think Poeltl, Rabb, and Brown will)

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, but they have 4 wins that are better than Arizona's best win.
Not really sure if any of your wins are better than our best win. A road win @ Gonzaga is probably better than a neutral court vs. Texas.

I'll give you USC but their best player got hurt when they were up 22, so let's not overhype that one especially since you were at home.

You have an exciting young team, that's for sure. But if you go 2-7 on the road in conference (this could actually happen) I wouldn't really be surprised.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU also has a chance to land Thon Maker which would be a complete game changer for them.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Washington - 5 of their 7 best players are Freshman, they lose Andrews but bring in a McDonald's AA to replace him. Washington will be super talented next year.
Arizona - Lose Zeus, Tollefsen, Anderson and York, but all of those are replaceable pieces and they will bring in a top class like ususal
Oregon State - Losing GP Jr. is a huge loss, but they have a lot of talented freshman.
ASU - Year #2 w/Hurley

Really only Utah and Cal will probably take a step back next year, and even that's dependent on losing guys early to the draft(which I think Poeltl, Rabb, and Brown will)
No doubt, the PAC is going to be even more of a gauntlet next year. I was watching the UCLA game last night and thinking WOW all they lose is Parker?!? That's exciting.

You failed to mention WSU. They will be a bubble team next year as they lose NOBODY and actually have a decent squad this year. Not good, but with like 6 seniors next year they'll have a chance to dance.

I would honestly be surprised if Cal finished any higher than 11th in the league next year if Rabb and Brown leave.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure if any of your wins are better than our best win. A road win @ Gonzaga is probably better than a neutral court vs. Texas.

I'll give you USC but their best player got hurt when they were up 22, so let's not overhype that one especially since you were at home.

You have an exciting young team, that's for sure. But if you go 2-7 on the road in conference (this could actually happen) I wouldn't really be surprised.
I was just going off of current RPI's.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just going off of current RPI's.
But RPI doesn't reflect the quality of a team, it mostly reflects the quality of the competition a team has played, right?

RPI would tell you that beating Texas Tech is a better win than beating Michigan State, so.....yea

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ASU - Year #2 w/Hurley

Losing Scott is big for CU. Xavier Johnson isn't the same type of player and he's looking to try and still come back this year. Word is he's done with school and wants out soon as the opportunity presents itself. Problem is CU isn't recruiting on par with the rest of the league. Tad Boyle keeps losing these battles for 4* guys at the end and ends up with leftovers. They don't hit the JUCO ranks like other teams as well.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks up on the Trojans by 5 at half. Been a pretty tight game so far.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks making USC look like they are as young as they are.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ONLY HAVE THIS ON RADIO BUT IT SOUNDS TO ME THERE ARE MORE CAT FANS. On a kindle so sorry about the caps. go CATS.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks making USC look like they are as young as they are.
Glad the Ducks didn't let your boys get into a groove in the second half. That team is so scary when they are in the zone.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for the Ducks, road's tough.

Speaking of which, 9 turnover in the first half isn't getting it done for AZ right now in Palo Alto.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for Oregon. They earned it. The road is indeed very tough.

I'm not too discouraged with USC's performance though, quite frankly USC just missed more shots than it usually does, it just wasn't our night tonight. Defense gotta play better though, too many breakdowns equals a loss.

Gotta get the split on Sunday in Corvallis. Not gonna be easy but gotta be done.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good run by AZ to put some room between them.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for the Ducks, road's tough.

Speaking of which, 9 turnover in the first half isn't getting it done for AZ right now in Palo Alto.
Looks like Zona has things in hand now. Once Stanford started throwing up desperation threes to try and stay in contact it was over.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't pretty but we got the job done. Seems like everytime we go to Stanford the refs can't stop blowing their whistles. Strong Arizona crowd was obvious.