• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

P Manning has a $2 Million incentive to win the Super Bowl

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine him not hitting the open market if the Broncos try and force him to a pay cut.

Like I said, LT's simply don't grow on trees. I'd imagine he would be able to find a contract that would pay him at least 2 years $20M that he is currently under with the Broncos.

I bet a team would be willing to give the Broncos a mid round pick for him on his contract.
I really doubt it. This isn't the Ryan Clady that was dominant. He's getting old, can't stay healthy, and wasn't good the last season he did play. If a team offered Denver a mid round pick for him, I'd jump on that in an instant.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any way they cut Clady? I know he's been hurt but LT's don't grow on trees. And with Mathis likely gone this offseason, I can't imagine a team starting over and and completely re-doing the left side of their OL when they have a young QB to protect.

There is a very real chance he is gone. At his kind of money to me they can sign a younger better option. The 2014 season he finished ranked 22nd as a starting LT on PFF. He really isn't even close to the Clady that he was in the beginning.

Throw in right now there is actually a decent list of guys at the position about to hit FA...

Okung--Honestly I think the Broncos could sign him as he has been playing in a ZBS but then again he has been pretty injury prone too.

Kelvin Beachum--The Steelers have liked the guy that took his place once he got hurt but his last healthy season he was actually pretty good.

Cordy Glenn--He has started all but 3 games since arriving in the league and has done a very good job especially run blocking which is what Kubiak wants to do.

All of those guys would most likely take at or below what Clady is making right now. There is also talk that the Broncos will once again enter into trade talks with the Browns for Joe Thomas. So I do think there is a real chance that Clady is cut unless he is willing to take a pay cut.

Also just as a point of reference with all of his major injuries this year he is starting to remind me of Jake Long. Teams will be hesitant to give $10 million a year to a guy that has missed more games in 4 years than he has actually played in.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the broncos cap situation yeah that is a bit overblown. They have plenty of ways of cutting the fat. Manning is all but gone saving the team $19 million right off the bat. Clady as already talked about adding another $9 million. Ware could go either way but another player is that of Britton Colquitt which would save the team another $3.25 million. So already over $30 million for guys most did not expect back on the team. That would be able to sign Von, Malik, and Osweiler with that money. Have to remember it is very easy to manipulate the cap number. The Broncos have been fortunate that the draft has turned out well for them over the past 5 years. They can sign these big contracts and be just fine.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much $ he'd give for a W in SB 50.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning's incentives would have only been considered LTBE if the Broncos had achieved that goal last season.

So if they had won the SB last year, the incentives would have been LTBE and cost $4M against this years cap. But because they didn't (and because they didn't win the AFCCG last year) they will be considered not likely to be earned and will count now against next year's cap.

Someone that knows what he is talking about with the salary cap! You are 100% correct on the LTBE and counting on next years cap.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not the first to say that already and won't be the last. There is reason to believe this could happen.
I'm rooting for you guys.
I wish that could help, but it wont.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it a million times and I'll say it again. Incentive contracts are the best contracts you can possibly give out. Make them earn their money… give them a base that lets them live comfortably, but add incentives for milestones, stats, awards, playoff wins, TD's, sacks, etc. and you'll get your money's worth. Win-win.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the broncos cap situation yeah that is a bit overblown. They have plenty of ways of cutting the fat. Manning is all but gone saving the team $19 million right off the bat. Clady as already talked about adding another $9 million. Ware could go either way but another player is that of Britton Colquitt which would save the team another $3.25 million. So already over $30 million for guys most did not expect back on the team. That would be able to sign Von, Malik, and Osweiler with that money. Have to remember it is very easy to manipulate the cap number. The Broncos have been fortunate that the draft has turned out well for them over the past 5 years. They can sign these big contracts and be just fine.
....? = can I take my jersey off to shower, I smell kinda bad..?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a very real chance he is gone. At his kind of money to me they can sign a younger better option. The 2014 season he finished ranked 22nd as a starting LT on PFF. He really isn't even close to the Clady that he was in the beginning.

Throw in right now there is actually a decent list of guys at the position about to hit FA...

Okung--Honestly I think the Broncos could sign him as he has been playing in a ZBS but then again he has been pretty injury prone too.

Kelvin Beachum--The Steelers have liked the guy that took his place once he got hurt but his last healthy season he was actually pretty good.

Cordy Glenn--He has started all but 3 games since arriving in the league and has done a very good job especially run blocking which is what Kubiak wants to do.

All of those guys would most likely take at or below what Clady is making right now. There is also talk that the Broncos will once again enter into trade talks with the Browns for Joe Thomas. So I do think there is a real chance that Clady is cut unless he is willing to take a pay cut.

Also just as a point of reference with all of his major injuries this year he is starting to remind me of Jake Long. Teams will be hesitant to give $10 million a year to a guy that has missed more games in 4 years than he has actually played in.

Boy you are dreaming on some of those guys.

Glenn is going to either be franchised or he will sign a 5 year $60M contract. That's his absolute floor contract.

The dominating LT contract out on the market right now is obviously Tyron Smith's @ 8 year $97M. Obviously none of those guys fall into that category.

But Cordy Glenn falls into the Trent Williams contract which is 5 years $68M.

And the Brandon Alberts contract of 5 years $47M looms large too for the rest of them.

The long and short of it is that all of these guys are well under the age of 30. And when left tackles can play great ball into their early to mid 30's, any of them would be a fool to sign a long term extension that didn't top $10 per.

Clady might need to suck it up and play on a one year prove it contract.....but that one year won't pay him less than $8M in a season IMO. Which is just slightly less than what the Broncos already have him under contract for. But even that I doubt because of how desperate teams are for LT's and willing to pay for guys that have proven they are good even if they are coming off injuries. Look at Jake Long: 4 year $34M coming off an ACL tear and that contract was 3 years ago.

In other words the Broncos are stuck paying a LT around $10M a year....or else they are going to be taking a LT, who might or might not work out, with their first round pick.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glenn is going to either be franchised or he will sign a 5 year $60M contract. That's his absolute floor contract.

The dominating LT contract out on the market right now is obviously Tyron Smith's @ 8 year $97M. Obviously none of those guys fall into that category.

And the Brandon Alberts contract of 5 years $47M looms large too for the rest of them.

The long and short of it is that all of these guys are well under the age of 30. And when left tackles can play great ball into their early to mid 30's, any of them would be a fool to sign a long term extension that didn't top $10 per.

Clady might need to suck it up and play on a one year prove it contract.....but that one year won't pay him less than $8M in a season IMO. Which is just slightly less than what the Broncos already have him under contract for. But even that I doubt because of how desperate teams are for LT's and willing to pay for guys that have proven they are good even if they are coming off injuries. Look at Jake Long: 4 year $34M coming off an ACL tear and that contract was 3 years ago.

In other words the Broncos are stuck paying a LT around $10M a year....or else they are going to be taking a LT, who might or might not work out, with their first round pick.

Keep in mind Denver already drafted a tackle in last year's draft. Ty Sambrailo played left tackle in college, but he was expected to play the right side in Denver, opposite Clady. Of course, Clady's injury forced him to the left side where he played 3 games before suffering a season ending injury himself. He was ok, had nice moments but struggled at times adjusting to the speed of the NFL. Frankly I think the Broncos would be more comfortable moving forward with him at left tackle, rather than paying Clady $10 million to be a below average tackle if he even plays at all. Clady now has had two major knee injuries in his career, and a foot injury. He's only played 18 games combined in the last 3 seasons, and he wasn't that great anymore when he did play.

I know that Clady at one time was among the best left tackles in the game, but it's been at least 3 seasons since that was the case. Can he regain that form? Maybe, but I wouldn't pay him $10 million on the hope that he does.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clady is reaching that Jake Long situation though in my opinion where the injuries are getting beyond the risk of long-term commitment and big money commitment. I mean no team wanted to sign him this past year. I think with Clady missing multiple seasons and having something like 4 major injuries especially to the lower body he is going to have a tough time finding somebody who wants to give him $10 million. My guess is the Broncos will talk to him about the idea of following in Manning's footsteps. Where they cut his salary but offer incentives for him to get the lost money back. Let's say they cut him down to $5 million which would be worth trying to see what he has. Then offer $2.5 million if he plays all 16 games and another $2.5 million if he makes All-Pro. I could definitely see that happening. Elway has shown since he got here that he is not afraid to play hardball with these veterans. He did it with Manning and Dumervil already so I can definitely see him doing it with Clady.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with that Super Bowl run costing the Broncos an extra $4 million. Completely worth it!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Miller's price tag just went up even more. He will be the highest paid defender in football.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on the radio this morning that Budweiser paid PM another $2 million for the plugs he gave them in his post game interviews. NICE, just talking about drinking beer can earn you serious $$