• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OxnardKingsFan

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Holy c r a p! I did not see that coming. I go way back to ESPN and your grandfather was one of the guys who got me through those really tough years. (Cloutier as goalie anyone?) Your wonderful grandfather wa always optimistic and reminded us often that the ones in charge knew what they were doing and we should have faith. Well that faith was paid off once Lombardi came aboard and I knew Ox was right about Kings management (finally! Lol). His posts added to my life and knowledge about hockey and the Kings. I am so glad he let Puck know ahead of time because of their friendship and their leadership on this board. I alwYs loved that he and Ox could disagree and correct one another and yet their mutual respect and friendship shone through and set a good example for this board. God bless you and your family in these difficult times.
And, heck yes!, raise Ox to the rafters on this banner!

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year my wife got a suite for my Bday. Mostly friends that don't watch hockey. I had a few cancel so I sent tickets to Tom and Rosemary as kind of a payback for tickets he has given me( and my wife knew Rose and April from a Kings cruise)
When my non hockey friends saw on Facebook that Tom had passed, several called to say what a nice guy he was. These are people who just sat near him one time in a suite. He had that type of impact.

DOD0083

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stunned. I got to meet Tom a few years back in front of the Gretzky statue so I could buy some tickets from him. He wore a Navy shirt that day and as I'm retired Navy myself, a normal 5 minute transaction turned into a 30+ minute bs session about all the great times we had in the service. RIP Tom, you will be truly missed my friend.

londav78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello, this is Sarah (David's wife). I wanted to thank all of you for your thoughts, prayers and kind words about Tom. I have been letting our daughter read some of your posts. I am grateful I can share with her the impact her great-grandfather had on so many people. It has been very comforting to read these posts in our time of sorrow. Thank you to everyone.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I could make a suggestion, maybe see if you can fit the two Cup banners in there? I think that was the defining moment for a lot of us, especially him, since he waited so long for them.

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! I'm totally floored. It was a privilege to have met Tom the times I went to California to see the Kings, and to have shared a few beers and conversations with him. What a gentleman, and a great Kings fan. I considered it the only disappointment of the 2012 Cup run that I didn't get to see the Cup presented in person at Prudential Center in game 5...I was seven rows behind the LA bench that night. But it was people like Tom that made me happy that the Kings wrapped it up on home ice, especially in such a convincing fashion that it could be enjoyed for much of the actual game.

Rest easy my friend...SO Glad you got to see the first two Cups...and that you FINALLY got named "Fan Of The Game"!

lapd334128

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sending my thoughts and prayers from 2000 miles away up in London Ont Canada. I will truly miss reading your grandfathers "view from the Ox box" as I've been reading since the early 2000's. He definately helped us kings fans through so tough years and I'm so glad he was able to witness both Stanley Cups.

Rip my friend

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't make a new thread so I wanted to post this here. If the family approves can we please have this as our new banner to honor our good friend.

oxbanner.jpg
ABSOLUTELY. One thing, is there a way to get a picture of Tom included?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have the banner up this afternoon gents. I just haven't been home to do it. :suds:

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I just read this. I'm stunned. I met Tom a few times and he was always very nice and a great person to talk to. I loved reading his post here as he was always very nice and always kept things on an even keel.

Im grateful to have met such an awesome person in my life and glad he got to see the Kings win twice. Its crazy to think how time flies having first been on the ESPN board over 15 years ago.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though a Sharks' fan, I enjoyed the hockey insights & general musings of The Ox. It's great to get all perspectives, even from the "mortal enemy". There are no mortal enemies when a bunch sports-goofs get together & solve the world's problems on a daily basis. I know it's a bit late, but RIP OX.