• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Owners son knocks Phillie fan base.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The son of John Middleton ( a Phillies owner) says the fan base is not loyal. Season ticket sales are expected to drop and overall attendance is down.. Guess he expects us to show up based on past performance. However I think most fans would return to see younger players play and develop win or lose. I for one would like to see more of Galvis,Henandez and Ruf. Blocking these players with 34 and 35 year old guys is not the future. By the way Middletons son is a Hollywood producer and not a baseball guy. Last but not least if they keep Amaro it will continue to hurt attendance. Young players combined with new management could draw more fans. IMO.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the man himself. Cigar billionaire owner John Powers Middleton (son of John S.) is a genuine mover and shaker. Lives the good life at his Palm Beach and Malibu mansions. Can't beat that!

attachment.php

The view from JP'S front window in Malibu where he often thinks about the Phillies. And watches all the Phillies games while gobbling cheese steaks flown in from Genos, for sure.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to get fans back in the stands they need to fire Amaro.. get rid of the old tallent and put in some young prospects and get back to some solid baseball fundamentally. Kinda hard when you trot out aging players and a basement dwelling season.

I stopped caring about the Phillies this year after the trade deadline when they didn't make any moves. I knew they were headed for the basement at that point.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they'll be headed there next year because Boobens is back and so are the aged ones especially lard ass Howard.