• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our WR's

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane, purely theoretical but would you rather have 3 1000-yard guys or 4 750-yard guys? I'm not sure any of these guys will even reach 1000 yards much less 1500, but there's enough weapons that that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I was basically saying that they don't have to put up stellar numbers because that would be tough. Not saying it won't happen but I don't have those kind of expectations for them right now.

To answer your question, it has to be the 3 1000 yard receivers because the media says its cool but I'd take either way. Media is everything nowadays. In 2008, Warner had 3 1000 yard receivers... Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Breston. And the media was praising them and rightfully so because that is impressive and to my knowledge, that was the 4th time in NFL history that it was done... But had the previous and this been 4 750 yard receivers... no hype because 750 is not a lot of yardage according to the media and 4 dudes instead of 3.

Either way, the ball is being spread to different receivers.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record Shane I wan't trying to call you out, basically I was piggy backing on what you had said. Point is I want to see the yards and I don't care who they're going to.

shop, if he's in the slot it could be an interesting mix of guys covering him and some underneath zones he sees. It'll be interesting but you're right, he's definitely a matchup problem simply because of speed and quickness.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great that this current crop of WR's are under the magnifying glass. They will try that much harder to nail a starting position. Competition is a good thing.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen Emory Blake and I know very little about him. Someone posted at NFL.com months ago that he was a good prospect. I checked his Draft analysis page and it didn't look promising. We have 5 WRs and TE/WR Cook who have guaranteed contracts for this year, (and 5 of the 6 are guaranteed next year too). For Blake to make the team he'll have to convince the staff that he'll be a starter within 15 months. The alternatives are a serious injury to someone else or the Rams giving up on someone who looks awful. Quick would be the only one they'd give up on and an injury would be a massive blow. If the first part comes true then we should contract out the Draft process to an Indian call-centre. Good luck to Blake but he's a real long-shot to make the team.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to be excited about WRs again. Harold Jackson, Henry Ellard and Ike Bruce were my favorites. Now I am already a Bailey, Austin and even Pettis fan. I think and hope 1 or more will be special. Go Rams

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record Shane I wan't trying to call you out, basically I was piggy backing on what you had said. Point is I want to see the yards and I don't care who they're going to.

I know man... I was ranting and raving.