• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our problems are solved

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrell Owens has his agent reach out to the Dallas Cowboys about possible return to the NFL at 41
BY DANIEL POPPER

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 10:55 AM
owensweb23s-1-web.jpgRONALD MARTINEZ/GETTY IMAGES
Terrell Owens enjoys three productive seasons with the Dallas Cowboys before off-the-field issues sour his relationship with the organization.

No bridge is ever truly burned for Terrell Owens.

The former Cowboys wide receiver, now 41, revealed in an interview with Rich Eisen on Monday night that his agent has reached out to Dallas about a possible return to the field. Long-term injuries to Tony Romo and Dez Bryantapparently gave way to opportunity.

“I’m not sure what the situation is,” Owens said. “My name may have come up in discussion as far as bringing me in. But again, a lot of people are going to factor in my age as far as why I can’t play.”

Owens last played in an NFL regular season game in 2010, with the Bengals. The Seahawks signed him to one-year before the 2012 season, but released him 20 days later.

Owens spent three seasons with the Cowboys and owner Jerry Jones from 2006 to 2008. He went over 1,000 yards receiving and 10 touchdowns in each campaign, but his release in the spring of 2009 was largely related to off-the-field issues.

FOLLOW THE DAILY NEWS SPORTS ON FACEBOOK. "LIKE" US HERE.

Most notoriously, Owens openly complained about the close relationship between Romo and tight end Jason Witten. The receiver believed Romo and Witten would hold secret meetings to create plays to get Witten the ball more. Eventually, other Cowboys receivers followed Owens’ lead, and a major schism developed in the locker room.

Dallas finished 9-7 in 2008 and missed the playoffs.

“We all know what happened when I was there, and there were some things said where it kind of maybe fractured the relationship between myself and Witten and Romo,” Owens said. “Time has passed, and hopefully, they know that I’ve moved on beyond that. Maybe, hopefully, they have. But for me, it’s all about giving myself an opportunity. That’s all I ever really wanted.

“A lot of people talk about the Hall of Fame. I don’t even think about it. I’m very honored to be in such a class with a number of people as far as the nomination are concerned. But for me, as I said, I don’t really think about it because I know I still probably should be playing. So for me, it’s just if an opportunity arises, I’ll entertain it. And why wouldn’t I want to go back to somewhere where I know I felt at home? I know the owner. I was there with some of the guys that are still there. And yeah, I loved my time in Dallas.”

Eisen then asked Owens why any time would consider giving an opportunity to an aging player who’s been known to divide locker rooms.

“I’m not that same guy that I was years ago. And I know throughout my career that there are some things…I shouldn’t have said. And I think that comes with the maturation process. And for me, I respect Jerry, I respect that organization,” Owens said. “Sometimes my competitive edge gets the best of me. And for me, I’d really have to curtail that a little bit. But as far as me being on the football field, I think everybody knows what they’ll get.”

Terrell Owens says he's reached out to Cowboys about return

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious. At least he kind of admits he was wrong.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry will Have presser later announcing the signing of TO and VY

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, hopefully, they have. But for me, it’s all about giving myself an opportunity. That’s all I ever really wanted.

Bahahahahaha how many opportunities does this guy think he should get? What a waste of talent.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He burned his bridges. Him and McNabb were so much alike tha they imploded

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36