• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our new kicker- Wil Lutz

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that it has exactly been a bright spot. Lutz and Dixon have been not great, but ok, but the last game wasn't good. The missed extra point, botched snap and missed potential game winner were very poor. Lets give some more time, but that was a poor showing calling it like it is.
Where the Broncos are kicking butt on special teams is the advantage they have in the return game vs. their return game coverage - providing significant field position advantages each game.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that it has exactly been a bright spot. Lutz and Dixon have been not great, but ok, but the last game wasn't good. The missed extra point, botched snap and missed potential game winner were very poor. Lets give some more time, but that was a poor showing calling it like it is.

I would say other then last game Lutz has been pretty stinkin good. He had one miss early in the season but had been fantastic since. Riley Dixon will likely be here one year assuming he makes it through the year. Just like always probably have a new punter next year. I vote Iowa P Torry Taylor. We will have to use a draft pick on him though. He has been Iowa's MVP the last 3 years. ;)One missed XP was on Lutz, the other on Dixon. Not to make an excuse for their kicking issues on Thursday but they had a heck of a wind to deal with too. Dixon could never figure out the wind and kept booting the ball to the back of the EZ which is a clear sign he isn't dealing with the wind well. Although Lutz missed the one XP he was still clutch and ended up with 4 field goals. Of course he initially missed the game winner but hit it to win it at the end and that is what counts.

The kicking unit at the end of the half did a fantastic job of getting on the field quickly and nailing a FG with the clock ticking down. That isn't an easy thing to do.

In the 4th I sort of figured Payton may have them spike the ball so that Lutz didn't feel so rushed with time ticking away with the game on the line as the unit ran out there. However, I also get giving the Bills ZERO time on the clock especially since they executed it so well at the end of the half with less time on the clock. Just thought in that moment the most important thing is making the FG and figured the rush could get to Lutz a bit... At the end of the day he made the 36 yarder and we won the game so he came up huge for us in this game kicking 4 FG's in windy conditions. I wouldn't call him the best kicker in the NFL but I would give him an A- on the season thus far.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a laugh, click "watch on youtube"

"IT MISSED THE NET"

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I’m not a fan of. I wasn’t opposed to bringing in a new kicker even though I believe Maher showed he was over the yips, BUT, trading for a kicker who was worse than McManus last year is a horrible move.

If we were going to trade for a kicker, we should’ve gotten Dustin Hopkins yesterday.
Ya I was wrong.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maher plucked back off the waiver wire after the Rams FG kicker missed 3 Xps. Not often do you see a kicker get waived because of poor play and then re-signed later on.

Seems like more kicker injuries then ever the past few years. Giants have had to use 4 kickers this year. (Gano, Bullock, York, Crosby)