• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Other games 10/6/13

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
BUTLER WITH THE PICK!!! WOOHOO!!!

And Wilson got CRUSHED on that throw. Perfect ending. :)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really liked his potential, but I figured he was a really, really long shot to be good. I'm starting to get a little upset about it. :bawling:

It's unfair to get upset at our front office about it. At least our scouts realized how good he was, they convinced our team to draft him. A lot of people weren't thrilled about that pick to begin with. A lot of us were, and assumed that we would groom him to be a long time starter for us in the future. I do agree to some extent though, we should be a little upset (he showed potential in camp and preseason games) and coaches should not have cared about draft status and have granted him a roster spot. Tough decision to cut Cox, or another player on our roster, but your job is to give a spot to the best 53 men, and I think they did not. They tried to be cute about it by trying to stash him on our PS. The reason why I respect coach Pete Carroll is because he is not in the business to be liked and often time he does the unconventional thing (drafting Carpenter in the first round, Irvin, Russell, Christine Michael, giving Kearse a roster spot instead of that rookie TE from Kansas State who is now a 9er).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's unfair to get upset at our front office about it.

I'm not upset AT them; I'm just upset. Usually 7th rounders are guys I don't expect to do anything. Cooper was a guy I thought might actually be a good DB if he stuck around a couple of seasons.

I know there were only so many CB spots on the roster, and I'm not anointing Cooper the next great CB. It's just rough to see him play so well already.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...are the Giants in the Jadeveon Clowney sweepstakes? 0-5.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle should be 3-2.

Interesting how Indy went against them, ran hurry up offense in the 2nd half, and had a qb that can make every single throw and didn't make a mistake. I really hate Matt Schaub right now, we could be in a position to tie SEA, with a home game with them left, if not for him.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I say 2-3 Clyde. Us & the Jags only wins. But u know the if stories.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So...are the Giants in the Jadeveon Clowney sweepstakes? 0-5.

Eli Manning just threw another pick.

Man the Giants really want Clowney don't they?

I don't remember a team this talented who has sucked so badly. I know they don't have any RBs & their OL is in terrible shape, but they are a dumpster fire. I have no idea what's going on in NY.

By the way, is JPP a 1-year wonder? Since his 16.5 sack season, he's done nothing.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember a team this talented who has sucked so badly. I know they don't have any RBs & their OL is in terrible shape, but they are a dumpster fire. I have no idea what's going on in NY.

By the way, is JPP a 1-year wonder? Since his 16.5 sack season, he's done nothing.

The only one doing anything on that defense is Prince. He's been a stud.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I was just about to make that same post.

Bridgewater = Jaguars
Clowney = Giants

Steelers = Anthony Barr. Man, I would NOT want be in the AFC North if you put Barr with Dick LeBeau.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The only one doing anything on that defense is Prince. He's been a stud.

A couple of days ago, I posed this question:

I think the Giants' defensive problems are because of their offensive problems. They are constantly 3 & out because they have no running game / pass protection.

Their defense has been underachieving though. Especially Jason Pierre-Paul. I don't know if he's been playing hurt or something, but he's not the same as he was in the past. In fact, is he just a 1-year wonder?

Justin Tuck hasn't been the same since he made Subway commercials. In fact, it would be interesting to see if someone could show a correlation between commercials (Kaep) and bad play.

If they go 0-5, I wonder if they'd be willing to deal Prince Amukamura.

What would it take to get the Fresh Prince of Nebraska in SF?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So can the Boys beat Denver Sickness?

Of course they CAN beat 'em. I've been saying all season that Baltimore is the best team in the AFC, and I still think they are.

Will they beat 'em? Both QBs are choke masters in big games. So ya never know...