• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OTA / minicamp thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust Ron i try to dissect what he says when he talks. There some nuggets Ron said one of his biggest mistakes at Coaching was keeping a player to long this falls under the Moses release Moses is good but his time was done i think gruden and FO would have locked moses down till at least 35 . And i said with everybody on the same page we will hit more in the draft . I see 5 total players in this draft that going to play or start things are looking up.. i still think RR and company are not interested in drafting a QB .. RR has said half a dozen times teams can win super bowls without drafting a qb but only said couple of times if a qb is there we like we will draft him.. lets be real there wont be a qb good enough picking at 20-31 and he will not morgage the future either he will not trade up . Pay close attition when Ron speaks.. i am not saying we are bad but i am not saying we are good either this is a key year we cant go in 2022 season with the a 4 lose record and revial our new name people will just be like Meh but if we can hit the 10 win mark make it to the playoff and release the new name it can be turning point for decades maybe even pick up some younger fans .any ways i hope all The Ifs work out
RR and qbs is what people have said for yrs . and people also say you need a great one . its a matter of philosophy. they didnt want to [pay moses 7.5 mil for whatever reason . i suspect they believe they have his replacement on the roster for less .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its early but he has a chance to start for us

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these are all guys we need to watch in preseason but i wanted to point out harmon

"I think Harmon, assuming he is fully recovered from his ACL tear, is the natural 4th receiver in the group due to his experience and flexibility. Of course, with only two or three backup positions available at the WR position, special teams will be a key element of deciding which players make the roster. Fortunately for Harmon, he is also a versatile special teams player who was on the field for punts, kickoffs, kick returns and field goals in every game of his rookie season.

Harmon looks to be a core member of the Football Team as he enters his third season in the league but only his second healthy season on the field"

Harmon is smart and tough. Though he lost his 2020 season to an ACL tear suffered in June last year, he was productive as a rookie in 2019 when he saw 482 offensive snaps. His role in the offense grew throughout the ‘19 season; he had five games with 50 snaps or more, all coming in the final seven weeks of his rookie year.

Harmon showed his flexibility; per PFF, Harmon lined up as a wide out 331 times, split about equally left and right, while playing out of the slot on 126 snaps, and even lining up as the tight end 25 times in 2019.

some have dismissed him but they forgot what he has done and can do

now sure he isnt a lock but no 4-6 guy is but he doesnt have motivational issues like an AGG . now can a wright beat him out or a steven sims (aka clifford franklin ) ? maybe cam ? answer is yes , even humphries can but he has a very good chance to stick because of his versatility

now the thing is we are starting to get good , young , depth here in DC at a lot of places , wr , o/line , d/line and the defensive backfield , even RB

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what we are looking at with LC in terms of recovery

Of [NFL players] that suffered an Achilles tendon rupture, 26% did not ever return to play in the NFL. Players who did return to play in the NFL took an average of 9 months to recover after the date of injury. Across all positions, there was a net decrease in power ratings by 22% and a net decrease in approximate value by 23% over 3 years following player return after Achilles tendon rupture.
An estimated recovery time of nine months would put Landon Collins’ return somewhere between the middle of training camp and the start of the regular season. Given the depth of strong safety position and the expected flexibility of IR rules, there is no real need to rush Collins back onto the field. The team should be able to give him as much time as he needs to return to full health.

But the other part of the medical report is troubling — the part about a 22% decrease in power rating. That’s a significant loss for any player, and especially for a strong safety who needs explosion in tackling and in coverage, and who relies on change of direction abilities in the open field

this is a very real possibility with LC in my opinion

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After being a fourth-round selection in 2020, the Washington Football Team’s wide receiver out of Liberty had an underwhelming rookie season. Battling through injuries and a shortened offseason, Gandy-Golden only had 25 total yards.

He was not creating much separation and was not strong at the catch point, his strongest trait as a prospect. With the additions of Curtis Samuel, Adam Humphries, and rookies Dyami Brown and Dax Milne, the wide receiver room has become even more crowded.

That goes without mentioning that Kelvin Harmon, a receiver with a similar skillset to AGG, is returning from a torn ACL. Antonio Gandy-Golden could be in danger of losing his roster spot in just his second year in the league.

Gandy-Golden has a leg up over other receivers like Harmon and Steven Sims Jr due to him being acquired by Ron Rivera. However, if he does not show improvement as a separator and does not get stronger at the catch point, it will be harder to find a spot for him on the roster for the Washington Football Team.

deans boy again not looking good . i would like to see him make it but its clear he is behind cam sims and harmon in the pecking order

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash