• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: World Cup Begins

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, the ball hits the Spanish wall and Casillas' glove and they give Spain the goal kick.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crummy way to lose. Spain gets a goal directly following 2 very questionable calls by the officials. Typical for this world cup though. Congrats to Spain for winning their first title.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the Dutch are hot and are going after the ref!!

Can't really blame them, but then again it's hard to say that too because it does take away from Spain a bit. They are deserving champions for sure.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a sign. Spain, with a goalie as the captain, wins the World Cup. Canucks, you're up!

gtown27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I correctly picked my World Cup bracket, at least the final two rounds.

Netherlands-Spain in the final. Spain victorious. Gonna get paid.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I am not going to blame the ref for the outcome of the game, as both teams had legitimate chances to win it. Holland failed to cash in, Spain finally did.
However, that piece of shit ref absolutely destroyed that game. It was garbage to watch, and I felt bad for the players on both sides for having to play under that fuckwad limey tyrant.

NINE fucking yellows to Holland? there are only 11 players on the field, it's a shame he couldn't complete the sweep.
Two very very clear corner kicks missed (shots that obviously tipped off Spanish defender / goalkeeper)
Robben hauled back on a breakaway, and because he didn't flop and clutch his ankle, there's no call.
there were bad calls to Spain too (who has ever heard of 14 yellows in a game?), but I was admittedly more sensitive to the ones called against my team.

absolute fucking garbage. just a shitty way to end an exciting tournament.
Fuck You Howard Webb. that was ALL you.

goddamnitsomuch.