• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: World Cup Begins

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty funny Simpsons' sketch, but hockey fans that complain about soccer strike me as very similar to football/b'ball fans that complain about hockey.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You need two people between you and the goal. Once the goalie pushed up that just left the defender. One man between him and the goal when the ball was delivered and it is offside.

I didn't get to see it but I was listening to the game. The announcers at first thought it was a bogus call but watching the replay they agreed it was correct.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty funny Simpsons' sketch, but hockey fans that complain about soccer strike me as very similar to football/b'ball fans that complain about hockey.

Don't get me wrong....I would never put anyone down for being in to a sport (even if it is soccer)....I just thought it was funny...that's all...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong....I would never put anyone down for being in to a sport (even if it is soccer)....I just thought it was funny...that's all...

Yeah, it was. That was just a general comment. You didn't say anything specific, I've just seen a couple comments along those lines in other threads. Wasn't trying to go after you specifically. Cheers.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is ESPN the only network covering the games? Are there any Canadian networks covering it like CBC. We do not get TSN in Buffalo.

Thanks

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is ESPN the only network covering the games? Are there any Canadian networks covering it like CBC. We do not get TSN in Buffalo.

Thanks

CBC - every game - hockey aside, this is their big property after losing the olympics and theyve been pumping it for a couple years now ... surprised you didnt catch all the constant promos they ran

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBC - every game - hockey aside, this is their big property after losing the olympics and theyve been pumping it for a couple years now ... surprised you didnt catch all the constant promos they ran

Give me a break jstew, I'm old and already forgot what I had for lunch. Oh wait....Did I eat lunch? hmmmmm maybe it's not lunch time yet....where did I put my watch. Damn getting old sucks.

:D

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I hope Henry can keep his hands off his balls and France loses BIG.

errr..... non.
I just hope Ribery and friends have not wasted all of their energy on underage prostitutes.

and besides, if you don't cheer for France today, then Uruguay. :p

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Give me a break jstew, I'm old and already forgot what I had for lunch. Oh wait....Did I eat lunch? hmmmmm maybe it's not lunch time yet....where did I put my watch. Damn getting old sucks.

:D

no problemo

Im putting up a swing set in the backyard for my son and Im considering taking you up on the offer to shoot crows off my lawn and possibly kids who tresspass ... its your call

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no problemo

Im putting up a swing set in the backyard for my son and Im considering taking you up on the offer to shoot crows off my lawn and possibly kids who tresspass ... its your call

I will be on the job, trust me your son will be safe.

Last edited by a moderator:

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, GOD DAMN THOSE FUCKING HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Close the press box glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!