• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: was christianity the invention of a Troll?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im trying to remember the last time another country made fun of Western Jesus (I dont know what else to call Western Religions) and the Americans or Canadians went and burnt down embassy's or killed those not even responsible for it.

ahhh religion......

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's insane Matt. It's truly a sad world we live in. I have been researching buddhism, it's not something I could fully commit to, but the majority of it's teachings really pulls you back and gives you such a wide scope. You look at the current state of the world, and it's just depressing.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im trying to remember the last time another country made fun of Western Jesus (I dont know what else to call Western Religions) and the Americans or Canadians went and burnt down embassy's or killed those not even responsible for it.

ahhh religion......

Looks like a good critter to me...

SonWest-VBS-2013.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the beauty of Buddhism. you dont need full commitment and I dont believe they care if you do. I believe that its more about just treating those in that sense and yourself. I live around that. My sister is a full on Buddhist and takes it very serious. its very much her way of life and I love it but its not me either.

I just look at what is happening with the Protests over this and am blown away by what I believe is caveman thinking..

Ugh he has made hot light that hurt... must kill him

It's insane Matt. It's truly a sad world we live in. I have been researching buddhism, it's not something I could fully commit to, but the majority of it's teachings really pulls you back and gives you such a wide scope. You look at the current state of the world, and it's just depressing.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not sure this will do the job... but there probably are ALOT of people out there that just shouldnt watch the news

2poa4c8.png

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little more ammo showcasing stupidity in people as a result of religion.

I think these people are stupid independent of religion. That's why they can't even understand the premise of their own faith and keep doing stupid things "in the name of God" or whatever.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Im not going to blame an entire religion for the act of the extremists. but the leaders of that said religion should probably be more vocal in calming their followers. its the same for the Westboro Baptist freaks. thats not a view of god just a group of nutballs.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think these people are stupid independent of religion. That's why they can't even understand the premise of their own faith and keep doing stupid things "in the name of God" or whatever.

I have to agree with this.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Im not going to blame an entire religion for the act of the extremists. but the leaders of that said religion should probably be more vocal in calming their followers. its the same for the Westboro Baptist freaks. thats not a view of god just a group of nutballs.

Exactly... Which is why I believe this is what they want. It is stated in Islamic texts. They are not a religion of peace even if they claim to be. If you do not follow what they believe in, you are an enemy.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly... Which is why I believe this is what they want. It is stated in Islamic texts. They are not a religion of peace even if they claim to be. If you do not follow what they believe in, you are an enemy.

hmmm sounds very Bushlike :D

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm sounds very Bushlike :D

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again"

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You took history in school right? Most if not all wars have been about religion in one way or another.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Satanism -- hey, why not.

It's got a better doctrine than all the other religions. And nowhere does it say you should go out and do evil deeds; that's just another religion twisting things and constantly looking for a fall guy.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, just using the word Satan is giving recognition to Christianity.

I'd rather just not feel the need to be labeled and live a free life. Free from stress, free from the burdens of religion. No need to pay to be a part of something. Just live a good life. I am now getting into meditation.

Science is my "priest". Meditation is my "prayer". My mind is my temple.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd rather just not feel the need to be labeled and live a free life. Free from stress, free from the burdens of religion. No need to pay to be a part of something. Just live a good life. I am now getting into meditation.

You could go the George Carlin route and worship the Sun:

“I've begun worshipping the sun for a number of reasons. First of all, unlike some other gods I could mention, I can see the sun. It's there for me every day. And the things it brings me are quite apparent all the time: heat, light, food, and a lovely day. There's no mystery, no one asks for money, I don't have to dress up, and there's no boring pageantry. And interestingly enough, I have found that the prayers I offer to the sun and the prayers I formerly offered to "God" are all answered at about the same 50% rate.”

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Satan isn't exclusive or invented by christianity. christianity just re-hashes the idea. Besides, the whole concept is a load of nonsense anyways. Besides, there's no more validity in Satanism, christianity, islam, etc; than there is in Greek mythology or Grimms fairy tales.

Last edited by a moderator: