• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Vector?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay, so i'm kinda getting annoying with the job schtuff, i know. but has anyone ever heard of Vector Marketing? apparently they sell Cutco Knives (woot...) but i have an interview with them. just wondering. marketing is NOT my slice o' pie.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm pretty sure they majorly scam people, unless you get lucky and make a ton of sales. i know a couple people that had interviews with them and were totally excited but then they realized that place was too good to be true. definitely google it and look at the stuff people say about it.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC you have to buy the knife set that you demonstrate with using your own money. I remember coming across one of their ads a few years ago looking for a summer job, but never seriously considered it. Marketing stuff was never my thing either. Good luck though!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
destroy, if that's true, there's NO WAY IN HELL i'm doing it. i just want a freaking summer job. off to google i go!

McBride

Outstanding in my field
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay, so i'm kinda getting annoying with the job schtuff, i know. but has anyone ever heard of Vector Marketing? apparently they sell Cutco Knives (woot...) but i have an interview with them. just wondering. marketing is NOT my slice o' pie.

I had a neighbor girl (home from college for the summer) stop by here just last week trying to sell these knives. They are good, quality knives, but holy crap they are expensive. I think you would have to be a really good salesman to sell these things door to door.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at some of the information I found, it does look like a slight pyramid structure with no base pay and only commission. You can get more commission of you recruit other employees and they sell good. Basically, what this means is that whoever recruits you will make money off you and their bosses will too.
I do not like these structures but it is up to you.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC you have to buy the knife set that you demonstrate with using your own money. I remember coming across one of their ads a few years ago looking for a summer job, but never seriously considered it. Marketing stuff was never my thing either. Good luck though!

yep you do have to buy your own knives..i don't think they like to tell people that right away

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm standing them up...hah. of course i'm sure they'll call me a bazillion times, i'll make up some BS. but, in googling them it said they've been involved in fraudulant law suits, they make you buy a set for 140 bucks (i DONT have), and you make only 3 dollars a day outside of commission. there's even a group created to stop their spamming. i don't have time to sell...funny though, the girl said there was 'no cold calling, telemarketing, or door to door sales' HAH! Bull spit!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks though guys!!! this woulda been a huge waste of my time!

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
my friend a while ago sold knives. not sure how that turned out though. we bought some knives from him though. they are still very sharp and good knives.